?

If you currently have investigator, and this addition was added to investigator +, would you buy it?

1. Yes, I would want this addition added to investigator Plus

80.0%
  2. No (please explain reason below in comments)

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    Minecraft Name:
    @y0landi
    Suggestion:
    Add the ability to select areas to see the logbook of with investigator plus, like staff logbook, but with more restrictions of course. I know that staff can see who placed what blocks in an area for grief reports, and I am suggesting this be included in investigator plus. Also, investigator plus is too expensive imo for just the effects, but this addition would allow for it to be worth paying $50 for, or maybe increase the price to $100, it would still be worth it. Or maybe add this feature to investigator ++. It's up to you...
    Reason:
    This would give more of a reason for people to buy investigator plus. Because currently, the only difference between investigator and investigator plus is effects. I know if investigator plus allowed area/selected region logbook, I would definitely purchase that immediately.
    Any Other Information:
    Say for instance, you are hiring people to build a LARGE area, (as I will be doing eventually), I would want to know if they did anything other than what I told them to. Like if they removed diamond blocks set up for this build underground, and there are too many diamond blocks placed in random areas for me to check every single area there are diamond blocks in, I would want this so I can see if a player removed them and replaced them with other blocks which I would not be able to check an entire area to see any rogue players.
    Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/wiki/index.php?title=Features#Investigator_-_.24100
    https://www.ecocitycraft.com/wiki/index.php?title=Features_Upgrades#InvestigatorPlus_-_.2450

Please comment what you think, whether you agree or disagree and why. I may edit this suggestion based on what people think.

2. MadMonster_ Retired GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +754
    In actual fact, unless I'm unaware of it, only SA+ have the ability to check logs within a selected region.

3. y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
  4. MadMonster_ Retired GameAdmin

Ratings:
    +754
  5. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    What kind of restrictions on regards to queries?

6. zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    I don't know whether or not it's a good idea to sell this ability out simply because I do not know if this command can cause any server issues, or if it's even possible to allow any player access to this.

Sure, it would be useful, but is is it made private to SA's for a reason?

#6 zevzero, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  7. MadMonster_ Retired GameAdmin

Ratings:
    +754
    I'm going to assume possibly a maximum region size, e.g. <51x51?

I don't see it being a problem unless you're checking within ridiculously large regions; I'd suggest this is something that'd be considered/spoke about if this suggestion was to have anymore thought.

#7 MadMonster_, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  8. y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    oh wow... I think this should be added to make anyone able to do this.
    Like not allow all the things on "/lb commands" but allow enough for people to do selected region logs
    I guess, but why is it made private to SA's? I guess it could be used to cause server lag... if like you went to one side of the world and the other and looked at the logs it could crash the server possibly, but I mean if there were limitations on how large of an area you could look at, lets say 50 blocks? Maybe 20 blocks? I dont know how few blocks would be acceptable.

9. Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    Honestly, say in the event someone did grief a larger area, I wouldn't necessarily NEED to check every block before filing a grief report. I'd only need investigator for smaller instances, so I can find out who did it. I'd leave the big scale stuff to staff, who would either roll it back, or just ban the kid.

10. y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    But that is what moderators do. They check every single block.
    Either way, this is still something that I would want to see implemented.

11. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    One potential problem I see is that logblock was created as an administrative tool. Limits like that simply might not exist.

12. 314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +4,911
    After a quick GitHub check this appears to be the case (as everything is apparently related to the logblock.lookup node); I don't have the time to set up a testing environment at the moment.

#12 314, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  13. JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    It's simply not possible to do this. Nor would it be considered due to the sheer danger of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.