Accepted [Suggestion] - Increasing the severity of punishments towards SG Hackers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xX3PICREBELXx, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Going to be looking at using this now however keep in mind there is no currently viable way to reset SG stats. @Server Admin

I'll leave thread open for feedback.

2. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    Yeah but ecc logs everything, if someone hacks in sg the money can be tracked to signs and to ranks. I know it would be a pain but to go to that extent but putting more effort prosecuting proven hackers will deter a lot of others from doing so and ultimately do a lot of good.

3. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Like oootopia said, these users make bank off of sg when using hacks and they spend the $$$, for example a certain user bought 3.5 mil worth of ranks. He said he made the money through sg so I think those ranks should just go bye-bye

4. ChaaadMaxxx

ChaaadMaxxx fσσтвαℓℓ α∂∂ιςт єςσℓєα∂єя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +276
    Couldn't agree more, those ranks should be revoked and the money considered a gift to the anti-hacking-inflation fund

5. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Okay im not here to flame or anything but i know you are talking about me... the server admins shouldn't go upon just evidence which include video's and screenshots both of these can be edited with work that's why i believe it takes people so long to posts these hack complaints, they are changing them up to some form. The server admins should be able to get into users computers and search up the history all their downloads,etc to make sure that some innocent person is not prosecuted for something they haven't done or have never done because its unfair. Personally i would allow Ga's and Sa's to look in my computer and i know they are able to do it this should be the way to check for people that hack because no matter what you do the history and everything in your computer will always be their you could delete those hacks or whatever and you can still find them though it may take a lot of work it would be the correct way of doing this.( and to make sure that its their computer they need to check to see if all the appropriate file's are their so that they don't bait another laptop/computer with another. i personally play on a laptop so this would be relatively easy to do because i know some people on other servers who have actually done this to make sure people are not hacking for obvious reason i am not going to post any names of servers or people on here. edit: if they do not allow or or give the admins/developer/owners perms to go into their computer to check for this then they should face the consequences of the evidence that has been provided on the complaint

#85 purplelegoender, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  6. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Enjoy a potato :)

7. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    thank you i will enjoy it they taste really good while baked

8. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Every

single

part

of this

is completely idiotic.

First of all, video evidence is damn good evidence and incredibly difficult to tamper with.

Second of all, going through a computer's files is the most ineffective way possible to figure out if someone has hacks installed. Anyone with even an incredibly tiny bit of know-how could simply get rid of their history or specific download history. Nobody would know if they ever had anything installed.

Third of all, how would you even decide if they used the right computer? It's literally impossible.

Fourth of all, punishing people for not wanting random strangers on the internet accessing your computer is absolutely fucking idiotic. Anyone with a brain would not allow anyone else accessing their private information. Especially random anonymous strangers on the internet.

I can't believe anyone with a brain would even suggest this.

What should happen is staff following people (suspected hackers) in pvp/sg while vanished and recording them.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #88 kukelekuuk, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  9. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Aman

10. arcadeguy88

arcadeguy88 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +10
    I don't play SG very often. That said, it is a game. A GAME! yeah, the economy is what this server is all about. If a person makes bank in SG with hacks, it would indeed be a blight on the principles of ECC, and not at all fair to those who worked hard to become able to dominate in the sport. Still, everyone has opinions about how such cheating should be dealt with. Saying what one person thinks is foolish or idiotic, Is petty, and ultimately pointless. This kind of ranting about the validity of anyone elses thoughts is only done to try to get under that person's skin.
    I'm certain that the owner and staff are fully capable of deciding how to run things, including how to review complaints and deal with offenses. I have been "corrected" with a warning in the past, and I hold no grudge against staff for doing what they are trained to.
    Think about it this way.... is this argument going to affect me tomorrow? next week? If so, then you are too involved and/or obsessed, and you need to step away from it for a bit. Some people will always look for someone to blame. Simple logic.... avoid those people. If they hang out in SG2, got the SG3, etc. I would rather play the game, get my a$$ handed to me, and have fun with it, than to let others make me angry.
    This is my opinion, and if you don't like it, that is fine.... scroll on. I'll be mining and farming just over there....

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  11. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    kuke, You are exactly correct! It was determined that video evidence was tampered with recently according to our staff, so it must be pretty easy to spot fakes. I am wondering: will those players that deliberately faked video evidence be punished for attempting to get another player in trouble?

I do hope that staff will take your advice and start recording while vanished!

#91 AdmiralD, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  12. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Those videos weren't tampered with it was legit evidence. They just made a collage as well after playing the clip they thought was suspicious

13. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I must have misunderstood. Thank you for clearing that up.

14. teofilovic

teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    Jamie watched it and claimed that the videos were fake

15. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Well, that doesn't mean much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  16. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    No he did not at least from what he said in global he went into the NCP logs and found no occurrence of hacking.

17. purplelegoender

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Which in meaning the video's where false so I'm not going to argue about it it's all over and dealt with I don't want to see anything else about my ban or other complaints take arcade guys advice and u may learn something...

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. MaxToMinimum

MaxToMinimum President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +313
    By Rank Reset, does that mean reset back to Builder?

19. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Possibly.
    Higher ranks (tycoon+) will probably just be reset to president.

20. MaxToMinimum

MaxToMinimum President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +313
    Also, what is the verdict on IP bans for hacking? I know people who play factions and also hack, and if they get banned, they just buy a new account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.