[Suggestion] Help Pay Back Scammed Players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by clou44, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcoleman118

gcoleman118 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +39
    I always use contracts and I support admin opinion so a system made in your image would work for me as long as, as you pointed out as well, that it shouldn't be entirely based on rank because builders/residents should be able to receive loans.

2. knears2000

knears2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,958
    I will give you that. Make everything public. If anything is withheld, staff members will be demoted. It needs to be as strict as possible. But no donating for the medal. That I disagree with entirely. If you want to donate, go ahead, but no "donate for a shiny medal".

I still disagree with this idea entirely. But, if the information is given publicly with a scoring rubric and what not, I would be just a little more comfortable with it.

3. silencedterror

silencedterror Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
    I made up this system on the fly as an example of a way to figure out who will get a refund without being biased and I havent even thought of its details but in the case of Exilenela she will not be counted as a builder but as a staff member with a different amount of points. Rank will play a role in any transaction but also play time and the times the user has been banned for scamming. Again this is not a 100% ready to go system, I can make a detailed point system but I will need some time to figure out the bugs. The reasons I didn't do it in the first place is because I don't know how people will react to it and second there might be a better way to do this than mine.

4. silencedterror

silencedterror Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
    I don't get your problem with the medal. If someone does it only for the medal he/she is still donating and still helping. The reson doesn't matter, only the effect.

5. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    You're not getting my point. I understand the system gives you money, but that doesn't matter. People won't want to depend on a system like this because 1. They don't have a 100% chance of getting paid. 2. No one is gaining anything they simply have a chance to not lose something. 3. You're not looking at the big picture. You are ignoring everything but the parts that you want to hear. In the big picture no one is gaining anything. In the way you want to see it people are getting money "into the palms of your hands". You are only seeing what you want to see. Look at the big picture and open your eyes. Not just to this part to the whole suggestion.

1. Considering this would either be randomized determined by an equation (or something like that) or done in some order there is no room for bias."If you're going to try to argue me on this about how "there won't be bias", don't even. Tell me why the Scientific Method was implemented? Then come back to me." 1. This doesn't make any sense. 2. Yeah I actually am going to argue there won't be bias, why? Because this system will be conducted by the most trusted members of ECC and it will most likely be chosen in some way other than their discretion.

Your logic here is because this is a hardcore server, which it is and it's getting harder all the time because of inflation, everything that we have to do must be hardcore or it doesn't belong here. This is incredibly close-minded. This isn't a valid reason it's just an excuse to disregard of good ideas and suggestions.

6. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    "I still disagree with this idea entirely" We heard you the first 20 times.

Again all you say about the medal is that people shouldn't donate for a medal. Over and over again. We have given counter arguments as to why it doesn't matter and why that probably isn't the case but you just ignore them and say the same thing. Over and over again.

#586 greg45865734, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  7. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    You're reasoning is this. "It still helps". Sure it does. I'm not denying that it doesn't.

However, philanthropy is great, but should not be rewarded. People who want to donate should do for their own good, not for a medal. That's total horse shit. Literal horse shit. There's no other way to put it.

I'll state this again. If you want to help out. I don't have a damn problem with it. You act as if I'm a money sucking, immoral, and mongrel human being. Clearly you're yet to read what I've actually typed and posted.

Start your own charity, not a server run one. That's the is all of the end all. The server should not have players begging for money, players should be begging players for money. End of story. That's how community starts. And this is how you destroy it.

8. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    My reasoning is that peoples intentions really don't matter in this case.

I agree people should have a mindset when donating of helping people. That's what should happen, however not everyone will have that mindset and we need to accept that. If someones donates for a medal or donates for simply helping people it doesn't matter they have the same result. If we add a medal the true philanthropists won't care, but the people who aren't will. Therefore we will get more donations and nothing bad really happens.

Idk why you feel inclined to say this again but ok. While I do believe your intentions are clearly in the wrong place idk what gave you the idea I "act as if I'm a money sucking, immoral, and mongrel human being". Then you tell me that because I think this of you I should actually read what you're saying. I've read what you're saying. Over and over again because you pretty much say the same thing over and over again but whatever. Again I never said that I think this of you but ok.

Myself and multiple other people have stated why creating a charity wouldn't work but you still have ignored it multiple times. People asking for the server for money isn't going to "destroy a community". Considering people will be involved in helping people this will help build the community.

9. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    Negative, Ghost Rider. If people begin to use the server as basically an aid to get what they want, the bonds between players would be ripped apart. You joined in April of 2013, just 4 months after I did. If we go back to those days, remember how nice the players were. Remember how everyone basically had each other's back? The medal would rip those bonds apart. No longer would the person giving know who is receiving, it would just go into a pile of money to be distributed to a random player.

Nicit's point proves it. The medal is needed in order to garner in donations. Yes, it is, and that's the problem. We are no longer a community. ECC can no longer say there is a community. No because it left, but because there's no need for one. There's so many things you can do without the help of others.

Remember back when @Falconaire did his weekly giveaways? Yeah, I do. Community. No reward philanthropy. The amount of giveaways I used to see were great. Those are the people that would donate no matter what. Now, it's just people that want a nice, shiny medal. And you know what, that's bullshit. Make a damn charity yourself. The server doesn't need another unneeded addition.

That's it. I'm done arguing this, and I'm going to let this thread die, like it should. This can be done by players, not the server. And if you want to go back to those "Glory Days" if you will, then try doing something for others for the betterment of the community, not yourself.

I rest my case.

10. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    1. Just putting it out there the date I joined the forums is not close to the date I joined ECC. I actually joined the server for the first time aprox a year before I joined the forums, but that's doesn't really matter, but I just thought I'd put it out there.
    2. This suggestion wouldn't tear players apart. It would bring them together. This suggestion would cause people to help each other. This would bring us closer to the older days when people helped each other. This suggestion will help build us as a community.

You say Nicit proves there is no community anymore. Let's say this is true. If there's no community anymore the only thing this could do is help. This would cause ECC to become more of a community because it allows people to help each other and it will create support for helping people allowing the community to rebuild itself.

You're leaving because you can't win this. You said it yourself. We aren't a community anymore. If this is true we can't do this without the servers help. So let's let the server help. Let's let the server help us rebuild the community you say isn't here anymore.

11. silencedterror

silencedterror Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
    Thats not even an argument just a "remember the good 'ol days" rant. The money is going into a pile anyway medal or no medal. Since when are medals breaking the community apart and since when are random givaways better than a legit and controlled refund of scammed players. If your problem is with the community try to make it better, roll with it or leave no one is forcing you to stay. And no this can't be done by players. No one can give millions of ECD each month to repay scammed players.

You don't like the suggestion- fine just leave a "-1" and be done with it. There is no need to bash the community because there are less free giveaways which is also a false statement because I can give a very recent example of a massive givaway. Yes the current community is not perfect, this suggestion is also not perfect but can you tell me one thing that is? I doubt it.

12. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
  13. gcoleman118

gcoleman118 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +39

-1 major thumbs down. I was there in May 2013 (around the same time) and i do remember the giveaways. But if the people want medals then that's what we've come to.

14. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    Won't making this bring us closer to the days before because this will cause people help each other again.

15. clou44

clou44 Professional Forum Stalker
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Ok, I have decided to lock this thread. It's basically turned into one person stating why they don't like it, and another people refuting their statement. Nothing new has been stated in probably 10 pages.

I am not withdrawing the suggestion. It will still be discussed within the higher up staff.

So this is how it's going to go for now: Since I can't add a new poll to the thread, please rate the original post "friendly" if you think it should *NOT* be added, and rate it otherwise if you think it *SHOULD* be added.

I'll update in a new comment if the suggestion is implemented or if it is dismissed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.