Accepted [Suggestion] Fishing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cdlawrence, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdlawrence

cdlawrence Nubby Nubs
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +273
    Ready for a widely hated suggestion? here it comes!

Suggestion: Nerf Fishing prices

Reason: Stop the stupid widespread autofishing issues.

Other information: I cannot wait to see all the negativity from this. People want to bend the rules or straight up auto fish then lie about it or say oh thats not what the rules say or come up with some other bs. One of the top money makers on the server should not also be the one requiring the least effort.

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    +1 Either stop the auto fishing all together or find a better way to catch them rather then them only being able to be caught when afk. If you see someone fishing for 3+ hours a day you know there's an issue LOL

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    My friends do this and i know they arent auto fishing cause we talk throughout the time they are fishing xD. Its literally a select few who auto fish. If we can find a way to rather catch auto-fishers and ban them, instead of reducing prices, i feel it would be a better approach to fix the situation. Since just reducing prices doesn't really fix anything. Auto fishers will still auto-fish.
    I sadly dont know enough about plugins and such to pick out any one plugin which will help with the issue but hopefully someone else with more knowledge does. :)

4. BobbyBlack

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Users can sit and fish for 3+ hours and still be at their computer... its easy to just setup ecc on a 2nd/3rd monitor and do somethhing else while your raking in dough automatically

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Suggestion: outlaw financial transactions, it would stop the stupid widespread scamming issues

or you know... Just actually catch people and ban people

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I say harsher punishment for this type of shit needs to go down. You are caught automating something? permaban. appeal through email and lose everything when it comes to bal/items. this will discourage people from doing it in my opinion. and those caught doing it will make great examples of why automating things isnt worth it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    The only part of that I disagree with is appealing through email bc it's much harder to make an example out of people who appeal privately.

8. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Well something other then "oh you just appeal on forums and get unbanned a week or two later with a bal/inventory wipe" needs to happen. I say appeal through email due to the fact that this is what permabans are. I dont see how bans for this are punishing the user. so what if they lose their inv and money? they probably stored the money in items or exp into nstars. more needs to be done to these people who are caught automating things. And yes this is coming from someone who was banned for automating cocoa bean farming. I had a small break of a few weeks while my ban was appealed and then i was back to ecc like nothing ever happened.

• List
  9. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    If they really are autofishing while they aren't afk the mods still have ways of finding out whether it's autofishing or not

10. cdlawrence

cdlawrence Nubby Nubs
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +273
    remember when xray was instant permaban? Hell remember when permaban actually meant you were not coming back? lets actually stop them from returning

• List
  11. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I dont recall seeing anyone banned for auto fishing while present at their computer. its always while the user is afk.

12. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Like honestly, I agree that fishing should either lower prices or make the severity of autofishing (or any “auto anything”) more severe.

Maybe make it a rule that if you are caught autofishing, you are banned and still need to appeal through the forums, but make it a manditory rule that they cannot appeal until a certain amount of time passed (in addition to balance and inventory wipes).
    Maybe like a six month period before the appeal so if you are caught, your town(s) could potentially be claimed before you return, thus giving them more reason to not do it in the first place

• Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  13. OppyStoppy

OppyStoppy Pain
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +636
    -1, other ways of doing this. I and many others can't go effy7 mining all the time, or its too boring, just fish and netflix.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  14. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    i say we do all this and then they still have to do a cake appeal. there aren't enough nowadays if you ask me. they appeal by email, which gives them their real punishment but doesn't give them an unban as they only are then given permission to cake appeal, which is that public part that nicit wanted. then only after that they're given their tempban time. then, once they're unbanned, all that other stuff like bal/inv wipes would happen.

#14 12345shane, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  15. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  16. NossaFlossa

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    What happened to our anti cheat being able to detect auto fishing? It used to kick after 3 fish when we tested it on staff.

17. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    -1. Just increase the punishment. 2 month temp people who automate with 1 more month for each offence along with a full wipe. People know they won't be banned for long at all for autofishing make them know they will be banned for a while before they try it rather than playing another game for a few days while waiting for an unban.

18. ASauerPatchKid

ASauerPatchKid Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +57
    -1 Nerfing prices will only hurt those that actually catch the fish legitimately, all the while the auto fisher still brings in money, but not as much, not stopping the act, but simply slowing it down.

It needs to be a severely punished offense is all, I know of one server I used to play on, they could check for xrayers based on the fact that when a player would find diamonds it would notify staff, if we could manage some type of system like this without spamming staff and they could happen to "check" on the player, that'd be great. But I mean, other than severe punishments like those that have been handed out, there's not much more that can be done without hurting the general player base.

With punishment I would go as far as wiping their lwc files and /own's while wiping their balance/forum balance and inventory of course. Making examples out of the players who abuse something like this is the quickest way to solve it. And as we can see, that's already being done.

#18 ASauerPatchKid, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  19. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    As with any exploit on the server, it takes some time for staff to be able to investigate and then deal with players that just can't seem to want to play fair.
    As can be seen by the latest punishments, this is being dealt with even more harshly than before and obviously our staff is now dedicating more of their precious time to catching these culprits.
    It is just too bad that valuable staff resources are being wasted on useless issues like this instead of being able to continue to provide all of us that do follow the rules an enjoyable place to play multi-player minecraft.
    My thought is that if you do not want to play according to the rules (more than likely because it is felt that grinding and playing fair is for losers) then feel free to go play single player or any of the multitude of servers where hacking and scamming is not only allowed, but actually encouraged.

20. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Lets see how the new anticheat changes things. I'll revisit this in a month.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.