[Suggestion] Ban shout spam/Make it so we can ignore it

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TaylorBros22, Oct 8, 2015.

?

Ban spamming of shouts?

1. Yes

31.3%
  2. No

68.8%
  1. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Minecraft Username: TaylorBros22
    Suggestion: Make it so you can only have 1 shout and not spam/double post them
    Reason: It's spammy and I don't like them being spammed, it clogs up my chat
    Any Other Information: I might add more later
    Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: N/A would be enforced by staff

If you don't like this idea, how about this:
    Make it so we can disable shouts. @JamieSinn would this be doable?

#1 TaylorBros22, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    -1 It takes money out of the economy.

3. greenobeano

greenobeano Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +383
    Honestly, I don't see a problem with shout spam. It's the user's choice to use a ton of money for spamming.

4. skymaster200

skymaster200 ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ sad and dank ~Team Obey~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +495
    -1 spamming is fun especially when it's legal :devilish:

5. Dccciz

Dccciz Nicememer55
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,061
    -1 shout spam is best

6. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    -1 I like doing it spent 30k yesterday

7. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,499,999
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Sorry, but -3.14. It is a good way to take money out of the economy. If it annoys you, I can try to create some kind of shout filter with macros. ^.^

8. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302

It takes money out of the economy

9. GStoner3

GStoner3 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +364
    +3

"It takes money out of the economy"

*sigh*

How about this: Give me a feature that allows me to either: a) have the Shout mechanism able to incorporate my own /ignore list, or b) turn all Shouts off for me. I can add someone to my ignore list every time the chat system resets, but because they have money, they can override my preferences. If I don't want to trade, I can leave Trade Channel. If I don't do Lottery, I can turn off the Lottery messages. If I don't care about SG, I can turn it off. If I don't want to listen to someone babble about something that I don't have any interest in, I can leave Global and/or Local. But... for some reason, having money means they can fill my screen with rainbows of capital letters.

Make it a rank perk you can buy with ECD, I'll fill out the application tonight. Make it $15-20 at the store, I'll be first in line to put REAL money INTO the Server's wallet ;) Heck, make it an ECD monthly subscription, like Market spaces. Whatever, just make it so I can stop listening to idiots "screaming" to everyone. If you do, you can take MY "money out of the economy" too.

I absolutely hate the fact that "I have money, so I am entitled to be annoying" is a thing at ECC that is looked upon with favor. That right there is precisely the reason I will never apply for Staff, because I will have to DEFEND the <author-edit> thing :( If there is something TRULY important that I absolutely MUST see, then someone on Staff can use the Alert system. Otherwise, stop empowering the rich immature trolls >:}

And considering this is probably the 4th or 5th time this subject has come up in the last year (and I remember it being complained about back in 2012...), can we please FIX the problem instead of ignoring it?

*sits back down in rocking chair, looks for <author-edit> kids on my lawn*

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  10. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    I don't see any big problem with it. The last time I've seen any real shout spam was a month ago, and the more frequent ones are just 5 times, which isn't that annoying. By the way, the "real shout spam" is against the rules, and the player who did it got banned for it. (Yes, banned for spamming shouts/not following staff instructions to stop.) I really don't see why there's a reason to discourage one of the largest money dumps on the server,

11. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I could not have said it better myself.
    Please allow us to ignore these ... or
    Please limit Shouts to 1 unique per minute (should be fairly easy to implement I think)
    Those that have something to shout will still spend their money and if they say they won't - I believe we can live with not being trolled.
    Would it be possible for someone to figure out exactly how much the shout system takes out of the economy each month. I would be glad to pay my share to every month to make it stop - I think @GStoner3 could be counted on to help.
    Any others willing to pay to stop the trolling (mostly)?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Phantomine

Phantomine Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +954

-rarely see shout spam
    -they are using their money
    -stop being sensitive
    -never been a problem before, and they certainly aren't a problem now

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #12 Phantomine, Oct 8, 2015
  13. TM_iBeast

TM_iBeast Not Staff Member
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +482
    -1. 15 shouts = 100 lottery tickets. I understand shouts can't be hidden, but quite honestly if you are going to leave every channel, you can just completely minimize chat in minecraft settings.

#13 TM_iBeast, Oct 8, 2015
  14. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209

We already have a clause that if it covers up chat, then it is spam. I don't get how it can be annoying if it doesn't cover up your screen. If I spend 1k per shout, then I have the right to spam it - if I wanted to. Also to those who want to ignore shouts, it's not something too huge that will absolutely make your experience worse on the server, if it doesn't fill chat up, it's no biggie. I do not see a difference between these and someone spamming in /ch alert during a crazy lotto or a trivia (I chose alert chat cause you cannot leave that chat). Just my opinion at the very least.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. minecraftninja05

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I made a suggestion a while back which, if you ignored a specific user, you couldn't see their shouts. Not sure why it wasn't accepted, it's annoying. You ignored the user for a reason, to not see their messages.

16. minecraftninja05

Ratings:
    +1,018
  17. Kick_Me_1235

Kick_Me_1235 Retired Mod
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,556
    -1 Spam is good if money is being taken out of the economy.

18. GStoner3

GStoner3 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +364
    If the whole reason it's allowed is because "it takes money out of the economy", then why can't I contribute MY money to not having to see it?

If the reason is "it never gets spammed", then you haven't been online when it DOES happen.

If the reason is "but I just spent 30k last night", that means that you personally sent 30 Shouts... and you probably were not the only one that did during that timeframe.

If I wanted to talk to no one, I WOULD turn off my chat box. However, I do have people I want to talk to, and I like being able to see my toolbox (belt? 10 blocks of inventory? *shrugs*) And this is the first thing you read in this whole post, isn't it? You read that first, then went to the top to start reading, didn't you? Annoying, right? When was the last time you saw a Shout that was all one color and not in capital letters?

I'm still not hearing a valid reason why I shouldn't have the ability to block them. If there are 100 people online (it fluctuates, this is just an example) and of those 100, there are 25 that have paid to block them... are you not going to use Shout because not EVERY one will see it? I don't care WHY you want every one to see it (congrats to someone who won Lottery, someone earned a rank, a birthday, a.... wedding *rolls eyes*, etc.) I want to know why I am not allowed to ignore it, even if I'm willing to pay for it.

Sorry, "I paid 1k to tell every single person online right now that .... " is not a reason, it's narcissistic. If you paid for it, it's not a "right", it's a product. I, quite frankly, do not want to take away your product, I want to pay for an additional product that BLOCKS yours ;)

I am quite willing to talk / chat / converse about pros and cons, but I will not trade insults :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  19. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    -1 to banning Spamming Shouts

+1 to adding a feature to ignore all shouts!

If you guys want money taken out of the economy, then i want to spend my money into the economy getting rid of shouts on my screen.
    Thanks for your time.

#19 Mission001, Oct 8, 2015
  20. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    After reviewing the feedback I think I'll change the suggestion slightly. I think based on what people have said,that we shouldn't ban shout spam, but have it so you can ignore is, for example /ignore shout or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List