[Suggestion] Anti Logging Plugin

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by riku1301, Aug 17, 2013.

1. riku1301

riku1301 Oʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ XIII
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +382
    Minecraft Name:riku1301

Suggestion: Add an Anti Logging plugin

Reason: With pvp comes trolls, meaning people who want to try and kill you yet will log so that you can't kill them. By entering pvp they accept death they should not get the easy way out when others refuse to stoop to that level. A plugin like so would punish trolls at pvp and stop them from continuing with this.

Any Other Information: This plugin could be configured to have no effect on anyone except for those in a pvp area so please don't say this could cause problems for other people who aren't pvpers. Personally i see no reason to not have a plugin like this. Finally id just like to say pvp is a way people make money and we should not have to have the money we've earned have the ability to disappear.

Link To This Plugin there are lots of different ones which would be suitable for ecc such as.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/dragonantipvpleaver/

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/combat-tag/

This one could be used but it would need some editing
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/debuff-pvp-login/

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/no-pvp-log/

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/pvp-tag/

PvP is part of ECC and needs to be addressed equally. Hunger games is on ECC and it undergoes many changes to make it even better although ECC is not a Hunger Games server.

#1 riku1301, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. SubaruIsBestBoo

Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +373
    +1, there really is no argument to this.

3. Billy007Bob

Billy007Bob Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +32
    +1 because, like all the pvpers know, you're about to kill a guy, he logs for 10 hours and he gets out, very annoying and would be great for pvp :D

4. Lee1104

Lee1104 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +322
    What would happen if someones MC crashed?

5. dork1877

dork1877 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Tfb

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

6. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    "anti-logging" plugins have always been buggy, I've seen some even crash servers or lag them to death.

I also see no reason to add this, this is an economy server with pvp, not a pvp server with economy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Quieted

Quieted Builder

Ratings:
    +50

I was just going to say this. xD

This is not a hardcore PvP server. PvP is just there for other users enjoyment. I know I know, you're probably going to respond with, "But there is no enjoyment when people log!" If you don't find ECC's PvP fun, find something else to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    ECC has pvp in it and pvp is a part of the Economy so it needs to be addressed. As for the rare occasion when someone crashes in the pvp area it is as I said rare.

This is just a little thing that would help people make pvp even more enjoyable on ECC and with that bring new people to ECC.

9. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong about some things. Crashes and lagging out happens more often than you think, it actually happens most of the time. (Unless they "crash" each time they are about to die..)

And for bringing new people to ECC, you couldn't be more wrong. In fact, the people who want to pvp won't even bother going to ECC, they will go straight to a pvp server.

Like I said earlier, this is an economy server with a little bit of pvp, not a pvp server with a little bit of economy. We focus on the economy, therefore adding plugins to make PvP more "enjoyable" would be a useless addition. Just some extra plugin that's bloating the server.

10. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    Kuke I pvp more then you and I'm at pvp world for more time a day then is like to admit xD. The last time I saw someone crash was me and it was about a month ago. Also crashing needs to be taken out of the picture as what it does is basically what these plugins do. When you crash your player stands there not effected by knockback so if they crash it really doesn't change what's going to happen to them.

Also kuke there are many different kinds of pvpers and people personally I don't like other pvp servers I don't like factions and I love economy but I do like still like pvp. ECC gives this different kind of pvp that people want and the only reason it hasn't grown is because its not being treated as a part of ECC.

Basically you're saying making some users happier and like the server more is useless? Adding another plugin to make the server better place isn't worth it to you? I feel like you don't understand that just because you're not involved in something doesn't make it apart of the server.

11. mrpyr0

mrpyr0 Builder

Ratings:
    +14
    okay the system should be a combat system... meaning that someoen is in combat withing 5 seconds of being hit or hitting someone... if they log out in combat they lose there stuff.... riku1301

12. Epislen

Epislen Builder

Ratings:
    +145

WRONG!!!!! If you want to have a successful server every aspect that is put into the server should be treated the same no matter what type of server it is you have hunger games on ecc thats basically pvp and i see that you all have put a lot of work into that because it brings people into the server but what if hunger games was to over take most aspects of the server then what would you guys do probably drop the amount of money you get when you kill some one or some crap like that.

Also on the ecc banner you guys have for the voting website it says pvp, economy, nether, etc all aspects on that banner should be treated the same cause what if some one comes on the server and they like to pvp and they see that pvp is just lame cause we have all these spawncampers and loggers they are just gonna leave.

When you said that adding the pvp log plugin to make pvp more enjoyable would be useless is kinda wrong to me aren't servers made to make players have a great time and enjoy themselves im pretty sure adding this plugin would make pvp a lot more enjoyable for people and the money would flow from selling the items they get when they kill their loggers.

13. riku1301

Ratings:
    +382
    I totaly agree with this all aspects of the server should be treated the same. Just because your focus is on the economy doesnt mean you cant improve the other aspects of the server.

14. Valkria

Valkria Builder

Ratings:
    +100
    Just to make this clear; if you have all these people suggesting and/or complaining about loggers... why not give AntiLogger a shot? It's not really going to affect the server negatively and besides; it saves a lot of trouble from happening inside the server. I have ran and administrated many servers before... and I have never had an issue with the Plugin.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Epislen

Epislen Builder

Ratings:
    +145
    Finally some one with some sense

16. SubaruIsBestBoo

Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +373

TUHROOO.

17. Billy007Bob

Billy007Bob Builder

Ratings:
    +32
    Epislen has a point, if a server is to be the best, every aspect must be the best too

18. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Okay, but even then, try and find a plugin that actually works and is not incredibly outdated. Also one that is open source. (andrew doesn't add plugins that aren't open source) I found 2 plugins that were last updated in the last few months and both of them were closed source.

19. webman11123

webman11123 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +136
    he wants this so he can get money from people's armor. greedy greedy.

20. SonnyCola

SonnyCola Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +272
    Webman was there really a need to say that? I know you and navy/riku all have this thing going on with eachother that you all have problems, but there is no need to go and stoop to this level, no need to disagree with everything they say for your own selfish- immature replies all because you do not like them. There was absolutely no reason for saying that to bash riku in any sense. You say that they are profane and vulgar to you, then why do you do things like this? For payback? I don't find that replying some needless, non-logical post on a suggestion which may be very well needed is very mature. I am not trying to offend anybody but webman11123 the "harassment" that you say that they say to you, you do the exact same thing to them.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #20 SonnyCola, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013