Denied [Suggestion] Another SG Cup

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AllThingsGo, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    I don't even think you are reading what I am saying... I give up. It's like trying to argue with a brick wall

2. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    Really isn't but ok.

3. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Lemme show you why you're wrong. Again.

https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/mass-suggestion-everything-you-can-think-of.145121/

Let us start here. The SA team has a lot more of GREAT suggestions that have been sitting here for a while. Why would we want them to focus on a toxic chat and horrid event when we could get these things that will have a lasting effect on the gameplay. This cup would be a short and horrible attempt to fix a game that was wrecked by kits and flaming. I will say it once more, WE. DO. NOT. NEED. THAT. We need something that will actually help.

We will now go into more detail about why the cup itself will kill off more of ECC.
    As I have stated prior, last cup we saw a lot of bans and nothing but people harassing each other in chat. I do not understand how this can be a good idea. Staff have been saying "we need to crack down" for about 4 months now and I haven't seen much improvement. I am not entirely sure if I would even log on during this event because chat would be spammed with unpleasant things.

Point 3. It provides so much unnecessary work for everyone. Nicit has stated above that he would hate to babysit this event, because as we went over, he as other many important things to do, like I dunno, add 1.9 and more minigames. And for this event to work, people have 2 requirements:
    1) No Kits
    2) No teams (larger than 2)
    This would make so much work for the SA team to sit and watch and wait for endless reports to come in on teaming, hacking and other things. And how would they even know who was teaming and who was bending the rules? This is not feasible. I am sorry, but it will not happen.

I am not sure how you cannot see these points, but I guess you are so blinded by friendship and flowery meadows. You have been very close minded in this debate. You are not allowing yourself to see what would really happen because you made 1 friend last time. That is no where near enough to cause another sg cup to happen.

Good day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫

Ratings:
    +6,377
    I don't understand why you've made this post in the first place just to disprove or dismiss my thoughts on the suggestion. If you don't want to go on then don't. These are my thoughts, and I simply wish for SG to have a revival in activity. Now let me move on to the fact that you mention that thread of suggestions. Yes it is a great thread like many others that have been made, but as the name of the forum implies, they are suggestions. This is all hypothetical so if it's the fact that you're against this being implemented than I understand your views by all means. The suggestion threads are for people to display their support and ideas for certain suggestions just like I have.

Going onto your point regarding staff enforcement of rules and such. As seen in the prior tournament, there was a lot of toxicity and players getting banned due to a lack of staff enforcement on these players. Seeing the events and outcome of the prior tournament, I'm sure staff could learn from this event and make sure that they are on top of everything unlike the situation last time. You may not want it, but I would like it so obviously that's the basis of this whole conversation.

As for your point about the teams and no kit scenarios, I indeed agreed with the no kit suggestion, but was against the no team suggestion as it is far too unrealistic to enforce that. Understandably some people are against teams which is completely understandable, but the enforcement of no teams is unrealistic as mentioned in one of my prior posts.

Finally, if you're going to try and argue something in a debate or disprove something, I recommend against insulting the person you're trying to convince or disprove. Since your first reply to me, you consistently make remarks that make me less convinced of your points. Calling me "blinded by friendship and flowery meadows" really is unnecessary and does not help your points at all. Not once have I done the same to you so I ask for your respect in that regard.

Otherwise it seems that both of us have hit a stalemate in this debate, which is understandable as seen by our different views. All in all I just want SG to be active and I believed that a tournament could help. Anyways I'll let this be as it is and look at some of the other points made as this seems to be going no where. You've made some good points and I appreciate your input. :)

5. AllThingsGo

AllThingsGo Chun-Li Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +703
  6. RazorRimz

RazorRimz Builder

Ratings:
    +646
    If it's kit free

7. AllThingsGo

AllThingsGo Chun-Li Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +703
  8. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    SG is dead. The more time we spend on it the less time we spend on advancing the servers.
    Denied Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.