Denied [Suggestion] Another SG Cup

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AllThingsGo, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllThingsGo

AllThingsGo Chun-Li Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +703
    Minecraft Name: Trey_B

Suggestion: Let's host another SG Cup as we did mid august of 2015 hosted by @physyy

Reason: During that time period, SG was extremely active, competitive, and fun. I and many other users would love to play again!

Any Other Information: Suggesting this early so that if accepted, we could possibly host it as an mid to end of summer event, so that gives many players the opportunity to compete without the burden of school inflicting on their participation.

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 AllThingsGo, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  2. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    +1 Id love to bring back the SG cup again. I think it would bring some much needed fun and competition to SG again which has been missed since the tournament. Yes the tournament will cause a lot of toxicity as does any competitive pvp event does, but if we crack down on the trash talk and disqualify users for it just as we did in the last tournament, then it could be a success. Also in order to balance the kit/no kit argument, increase the no kit percentage to something like 50% to give a fair balance to newer players/non kit players who would like to participate. Other than all that, I'd love to have another large tournament and I hope the prizes could be large like the last one :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #2 dgam02, May 9, 2016
  3. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Yeah, because the last ones went reaaally well. Totally great.
    The only way I'd support this is if:
    1. it's no-kit (And I mean completely no-kit. No nonsense)
    2. it's properly managed and prepared.
    3. the rules are very clear from the beginning.
    4. No teams bigger than 2 people.
    A competition is only a competition when it's done fairly. Kits aren't fair, expoited rules aren't fair, big teams aren't fair.
    Basically, if a random builder without donation features or friends can win the competition, then it's fair.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    #3 kukelekuuk, May 9, 2016
  4. Vintage_Gamer

Vintage_Gamer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,219
    I have to agree. I would only participate/ support this given the points kuke has mentioned. Kits have ruined SG completely and a competition without them would be nice. Perhaps the Server Admins could organise something like this instead of andrew as I understand he is busy just now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    I'm all for making it 4 :)

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    How would we effectively enforce no teams bigger than 2?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. JrHockey17

JrHockey17 Hockey Player
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +145
    Perhaps, creating a thread where players state their one partner. If players record a team of more than 2 (including their partner), all players shall be disqualified?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #7 JrHockey17, May 9, 2016
  8. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Oh god, I agree immensely. The rest have been total shitshows of teams just farming and boosting.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. xX3PICREBELXx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,608
    This point is huge, good luck being able to prove who is teaming.

Any sort of SG Competition should be done around August time, this is when the majority of players are out of school and actually available to play however we should actually spend time sorting out the maps, the sg medals, the sg point system as well as do a huge overhaul of SG kits before anything should even be put forward.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    Define teaming then? You can make straregic decisions that help people without teaming with them (maybe player A is easier to kill than player B so you'll keep A alive until deathmatch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
    Is there enough people to do a with kit and without kit "cup"? Or allow sign up for both with and w/o. People paid irl money for kits and probably would like to use them. I dont know, just a suggestion. I dont sg much anyway.

12. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Behaviour like that doesn't really affect the skilled players much. What I consider a team is people who play together and help each other out throughout the match. And with playing together I mean they're mostly together throughout the game.

#12 kukelekuuk, May 9, 2016
  13. dgam02

Ratings:
    +6,377
    There's honestly no way you can realistically stop teaming. If you want to fight a team then you would need to find a team of people that will play with you or get lucky with some of the stuff you find. If anything should be changed, it's the kit issue but otherwise you really can't do anything about SG teams.

14. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,060
    How do we prove that, then?

That seems like a lengthy task that more-or-less requires admins babysitting the active SG maps to ensure it doesn't happen. Sure, video can help, and strict punishments can help deter (DQ = tempban for entire length of comp) but I would still worry that people would be able to get away with it.

15. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023

16. dgam02

Ratings:
    +6,377
    Then why worry about teams then? If it's that much of a hassle to find out if players are working together then drop the teaming rule and focus more on the fairness of kits and cracking down on toxicity in chat. I see new players coming into SG with their friends sometimes so I don't believe it would be a good idea to break up teams. People play on a multiplayer server to play with other users and their friends and not allowing them to do this discourages users on the server as well as new groups of users from even participating in the tournament.

#16 dgam02, May 9, 2016
  17. RaginDevonian

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    EVERYONE records during sg cups. I'm sure it would be easy to catch people in teams of 3 or 4. Or we could just not go through this again and leave sg to die already

18. RaginDevonian

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Why would we take your opinion? We worry about teams because of people like you. I have never seen you in a game without zr or Georgia to help you. In a situation like this, that would simply not be fair to other people. Everyone needs a chance to win.

19. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,060
    Why worry about teams? Simple: In any SG with major prize support, especially no-kit ones, the winner basically boils down to whoever had the biggest team. I'm not a fan of wasting my own time or anyone else's with a tournament where I can achieve the same end result by making you list your teammates on a forum thread and awarding the prizes to whoever lists the most.

20. dgam02

Ratings:
    +6,377
    Just because I team doesn't mean I can not express my opinion does it? If you want to make a community event then allow people to work together and team. Everyone does have a chance to win. If you begin to work together with other players to try and achieve something, odds are you develop more friendships and such which should be the main point of a community event. If I was going to participate in the tournament myself, I know we wouldn't be trying to go for the prize. I know personally I wouldn't be in SG 24/7 as I have plenty of other things that I wish to do on the server. Having active SG games with lots of people is fun in itself and is a really enjoyable with some of the fun moments you experience with others. Not everything is about winning in my case. I just want to enjoy the event with friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.