[Suggestion] add credits to voting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mcguy65, Apr 29, 2017.

1. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    So say you maxed out a skill by training and a skill by voting. How is that the same as just one skill?

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    What I'm saying:

Now:
    Player A trains 5 McMMO levels, has 5 McMMO levels.
    Player B does nothing, has 0 McMMO levels.

With Credits:
    Player A trains for 5 McMMO levels, votes for 4 McMMO levels, has 9 levels total.
    Player B only votes for 4 McMMO levels, has 4 levels.

Player A, who trained, maintains the same 5 level skill advantage in both cases, as long as they vote. It doesn't devalue their work at all since they're still gaining more benefits than someone who doesn't. Sure, if you don't vote, you'll lose progress... but then if you really care about your powerlevel in relation to others you'll be voting.

3. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    +1 I think this would be a nice addition to votes. I might get my alchemy past 4.

4. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    So basically this is just inflation. You're just giving everyone more levels, which when comparing players to each other is fine, but in the long run is just unnecessarily speeding things up. Plus it still ruins hard work as those who vote will have it much easier than those who don't and actually grind. I'm not against new voting rewards, but this is just not the way to go in my opinion. Go check out the voting crates instead.

5. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    This just speeds up mcmmo by a lot. 4 Mcmmo levels is a lot when you add it up over a while. Say this was here when I joined and I voted every other day (which I think is reasonable). That's like 820 days * 4 levels a day = 3285 mcmmo points. That's a lot of points. enough for a mcmmo medal without picking up a tool. If something like this is going to stay for a year or two it's going to give everyone crazy amounts of mcmmo points (at least 1000) which I feel undermine the purpose of mcmmo.

At the same time I don't think this will really increase the number of people who are voting. It's not a monetary reward which I think works better. If people won't vote for 2.5k i don't think they'll vote for a measly 4 levels. The people who don't vote clearly don't look at the long term rewards (which this would be). because the amount of money you get from voting every day actually adds up to be a lot. They just write it off as a small amount per day. I think a better alternative is large voting benefits (in the 10's of thousands) or cool items at the end of every month to not only encourage these players to vote but also make voting a competition.

#25 RyanBlocks2, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  6. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Edit: Double post someone please delete thx.

#26 RyanBlocks2, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  7. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    They should really bring back the coupons and the raffles. They we're a wonderful system that already worked.

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I'm not sure why you're under the impression that people would grind and not vote, and then be upset that other people were making progress... Not when they're knowingly leaving free levels on the table.

About 3000 levels over two years really isn't that much at all. Like it's kind of a lot but not when you consider that someone sticking around for two years is, in the grand scheme of things, not super common.

You say that it's not a monetary reward so it won't work as well... but on the contrary, people who don't care about a monetary reward now likely won't be swayed by any reasonable item\money bonus, since they haven't been yet. Whereas those who grind mcmmo now have a sudden reason to care about voting so they just might. It caters to a different demographic.

On your idea regarding crates I prefer the crates however I would still want to see mcmmo as one of the rewards in the crates... Given that everything else is either "money" or "stuff that can be sold to get money".