[Suggestion] add credits to voting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mcguy65, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    Minecraft Name: @Mcguy65

Suggestion: Adding mcmmo credits to vote rewards

Reason: this will give players more reason to vote, nstars are nice and all, but mcmmo is good too! its hard and challenging to lvl mcmmo so being rewarded with credits will be a bit more worth it, because to some people nstars arnt even worth it..
    I am not saying have 20 credits per vote, mybe 4-5 credits per vote.

Give me your feed back, bad idea good idea? Speak up, lets make ecc great again!

Any Other Information: None.

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: Just our current vote rewards plugin far as I know?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    So with fast math, say 5 sites per day, 150 ish votes a month, I could see 2 credits per vote being possible

3. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt

Ratings:
    +631
    Yea that sounds good, just something to spice up voting a bit to make people want to vote.

4. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt

Ratings:
    +631
  5. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    I'm sorry, but what are McMMO credits? Never heard of them.
    You can get 15 McMMO levels for 2 event credits, which you get for being one of the top voters.

6. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    1 mcMMO credit = 1 mcMMO level if redeemed ingame. I.e., exactly what you can already buy in the shop.

7. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    OK, so in a few months you can make it to the McMMO top list? No thanks.
    Take a look at alchemy, it's hard AF to level up in, yet credits will make it super easy.

8. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt

Ratings:
    +631
    2 credits per link? it would still take a while, hell make it a chance to get them, just to spice up voting a bit.

9. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    After almost 5 years on ECC, my excavation is 272. Perhaps I haven't been trying too hard to level up, but McMMO isn't easy. Now vote for a month and...
    Even with 4 sites, that is still 240 levels in a month.
    What's basically suggested here completely ignores the fact that you have to be the very top voter for 2 months just to get 10 event credits and spend them all on 75 McMMO levels. (You can get 15 levels for 2 credits.)

#9 stoler202, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  10. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt

Ratings:
    +631
    1 credit is 1 lvl, its 1 for 1, is it not?

11. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    Jamie calculated with 2 per vote. With 1 it is 120. Still, too much.

12. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Absolutely not. Mcmmo should be gained through in game effort. It's bad enough already with it being buyable and multipliers in the shop. Giving free mcmmo levels to everyone would be awful. -1

13. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    When people think that 1 arbitrary level to someone hurts them more than 1 vote helps the server :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #13 Nicit6, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  14. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt

Ratings:
    +631
    basically my point, but w/e lol

15. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    nah that's what I'm saying though

I don't get all of this "mcmmo should be hard" nonsense, especially when for a bunch of skills "hard" merely means setting a macro to whack at someone for hours on end. I get that some people may want to keep their leveling "pure" but they can choose to simply not redeem the credits.

16. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt

Ratings:
    +631
    I agree!

17. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    The thing is, many people worked very hard to get their level. Perhaps unnamed is an easy skill, but look at mining. Not easy at all. This will simply make McMMO specialties too common. Look at Alchemy. Those special potions cost a fortune, because getting alchemy xp is hard. Now suddenly give 3 levels a day and the market is shattered.
    And as far as I'm concerned, people vote for the netherstars/money, with few really bothering about McMMO. I'm not against the server getting more votes, but this is just unnecessary. Netherstars should be a good enough incentive.
    Also, this will ruin the concept of the McTop list, with tons of people flooding it.

18. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Mining is even easier... considering that you train it in a way that's actually profitable in the first place. Just look at the mctop list, roughly 30 players with it at 2k and everyone on the list is 1200 or more. Not sure why you'd even sink free levels into it or why anyone would care if you did.

...given that I'm one of two active players with full Alchemy unlocks according to the most recent mctop (along with Back) I think I'm uniquely situated to tell you that simply isn't true. I hardly get asked to make them, ever. So when you say the market would be shattered... really there isn't a market to shatter.

I mean the concept of the mctop list is to list the people with the most mcmmo levels. If 4x exp boosts and the ability to buy levels hasn't ruined it yet I'm hard pressed to think how this will do it in, especially considering that 4 credits a day is about 1500 a year, which is a rate that is still easily outpaced by any serious attempt at training skills.

19. stoler202

stoler202 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    Although mining is profitable, it also takes ages. And because it's profitable it is maxed out by that number of people. But look at superbreaker. A truly long one requires spending months mining.
    I wonder why the last time I bought one of the special potions it cost me so much... And considering you there are only two of you, you have a wonderful opportunity to setup a monopoly. Most likely, people don't ask because they don't know. Some marketing might be useful.
    All those features require money, and I'm pretty sure the levels in the shop are way more you expensive than a few netherstars you get from voting. And one can combined training with voting.

#19 stoler202, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  20. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Sure it can... but people don't mine to train mcmmo. They mine so that they can make money. Leveling up mcmmo just happens at the same time.

This isn't even an argument, because you can't argue it here. Potions in general aren't big enough business to have a decent market, much less extremely niche/novelty potions. Any "high" cost I may charge is less to do with the exclusivity of the potions and more to do with the high value I place on my time. I frankly don't care at all if more people are able to make these.

I know one can combine training with voting... but that doesn't do anything. Compared to the "free progress" from voting, if you're training and voting you're getting exactly the same edge on mctop as you would now simply by training.