[Suggestion] add command /pay history

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AnkokuNoMajo, Apr 3, 2014.

1. AnkokuNoMajo

AnkokuNoMajo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +19
    Minecraft Name: AnkokuNoMajo

Suggestion: add a new sub command to /pay. [/pay history <page#>]

Reason: Sometimes a player may be afk or chat is scrolling so fast you miss a notice about a transaction made between players. Another reason is for showing proof of a transaction in order to take a screen shot later.

Other Information: The idea is to list a maximum of the last 10 - 20 transactions that happened in player to player payments for the player executing the command or for admin/GA [/pay history <playername>] to get the history of another player to settle disputes quickly.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. lexi731rocs

lexi731rocs Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +668
    yes!! Please!!
    Def +731

3. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    There are scripts that you can run with macro mod that can do this. I believe someone has a macro mod tutorial somewhere with the proper code here on the forums.

4. vengfulbacon

vengfulbacon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +337
    but I don't wanna pay history, I heard hes pretty mean to some people.

5. AnkokuNoMajo

AnkokuNoMajo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +19
    I like to mod my client as little as possible (optifine is about as far as I go anymore). I am sure there are others that choose to play with a clean client as well. Secondly, I have used macromod in the past and know what it can do. The scripts function has caused some servers to ban its use so I prefer not to install it.

6. JerichoKross

JerichoKross Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    The problem here is that it is not sufficient evidence. If there was a server command and you can screenshot it that should be legitimate proof of payment. +1

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060

Usually staff members will ask for the context of a transaction, this wouldn't provide that. I realize context might not always be needed, but your best bet is always collecting the evidence when doing the transaction, and not after the fact.

8. JerichoKross

JerichoKross Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    I'm not saying not to take enough screenshots to prove yourself, just that if it was coded into the server it could serve as secondary method to show payment.

9. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +515
    imagine logging a ton of purchases that happen every second
    oh the lag

10. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306

As sarcastic as that came off, Vengful has a point. I know the odds are very slim but, /pay history. History might be a person... and if History is a player then what happens if they join? No one can ever pay them?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. AnkokuNoMajo

AnkokuNoMajo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +19

/payhistory <----problem solved

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. AnkokuNoMajo

AnkokuNoMajo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +19

The system already logs every time a transaction takes place, your balance and the other players balance changes. It could lag if to many tried to query the logs at the same time.

13. Jrg5978

Jrg5978 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +627
    Maybe now they can code it?

14. AnkokuNoMajo

AnkokuNoMajo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +19
    That was quite a long time ago, staff and staff skills change over time; even minecraft and bukit has changed quite a bit since then. Maybe the idea can be revisited.

15. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    I have, although it's currently outdated, and andrew isn't willing to use it, because it adds more lines to userfiles, and with thousands of userfiles that's quite a difference with the backups he makes every day. (Because bigger files = longer time)

16. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    Yes, I have made a macro that allows you to view the last 10 transactions with a local chat command as well as logging all transactions to a file. It is the closest you can get without having a server side plugin to do it.

As was pointed out, sadly it cannot be used as evidence, but you should be taking screenshots of every player to player transaction anyway. Macros, being client side, do not cause any lag for the server and it does nothing to andrewkm's userfiles.

I have not made a tutorial for the macro but it is fairly simple to install. Just put it into your onChat event. Type "!trans recent" in local chat, go to .minecraft/mods/macros/logs directory (or something like that) to find the log file.

Code:
    $${
    STRIP(&chat,%CHAT%)
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\$[0-9]+\.\d\d has been taken from your account\.)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\$([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+),{#dollartaken,&centstaken})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: $%#dollartaken%.%&centstaken% has been taken from your account.)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: $%#dollartaken%.%&centstaken% has been taken from your account.)
        ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\$[0-9]+ has been taken from your account\.)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\$([0-9]+),{#dollartaken})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: $%&dollartaken% has been taken from your account.)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: $%#dollartaken% has been taken from your account.)
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\$[0-9]+\.\d\d has been added to your account\.)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\$([0-9]+)\.(\d\d),{#dollaradded,&centsadded})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: $%#dollaradded%.%&centsadded% has been added to your account.)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: $%#dollaradded%.%&centsadded% has been added to your account.)
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\$[0-9]+ has been added to your account\.)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\$([0-9]+),{#dollaradded})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: $%#dollaradded% has been added to your account.)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: $%#dollaradded% has been added to your account.)
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\$[0-9]+\.\d\d has been sent to (.*)\.)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\$([0-9]+)\.(\d\d) has been sent to ((.*)),{#dollartaken,&centstaken,&playername})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: $%#dollartaken%.%&centstaken% has been sent to %&playername%)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: $%#dollartaken%.%&centstaken% has been sent to %&playername%)
        ENDIF
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\$[0-9]+ has been sent to (.*)\.)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\$([0-9]+) has been sent to ((.*)),{#dollartaken,&playername})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: $%#dollartaken% has been sent to %&playername%)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: $%#dollartaken% has been sent to %&playername%)
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\$[0-9]+\.\d\d has been received from (.*)\.)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\$([0-9]+)\.(\d\d) has been received from ((.*)),{#dollaradded,&centsadded,&playername})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: $%#dollaradded%.%&centsadded% has been received from %&playername%)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: $%#dollaradded%.%&centsadded% has been received from %&playername%)
        ENDIF
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\$[0-9]+ has been received from (.*)\.)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\$([0-9]+) has been received from ((.*)),{#dollaradded,&playername})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: $%#dollaradded% has been received from %&playername%)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: $%#dollaradded% has been received from %&playername%)
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,\[LOTTERY\] You got (.*) for \$(.*))
        MATCH(%&chat%,^\[LOTTERY\] You got (.*) for \$((.*)),{&fill,#lotamount})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: You bought $%#lotamount% worth of lotto tickets.)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: You bought $%#lotamount% worth of lotto tickets.)
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,^\[LOTTERY\] Congratulations go to %PLAYER% for winning \$(.*) with .*)
        MATCH(%&chat%,\[LOTTERY\] Congratulations go to %PLAYER% for winning \$((.*)) with (.*),{#winamount,&fill})
        LOGTO("trans-%SERVER%.txt",%TIME%: You won lotto and received $%#winamount%.)
        PUSH(&recenttrans,%TIME%: You won lotto and received $%#winamount%.)
    ENDIF
    IFMATCHES(%&chat%,^\[L\](.*)%PLAYER%: !trans recent)
        ARRAYSIZE(&recenttrans,#recentsize)
        #recentsize1 = #recentsize - 1
        LOG(&41.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize1%]%)
        #recentsize2 = #recentsize - 2
        LOG(&42.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize2%]%)
        #recentsize3 = #recentsize - 3
        LOG(&43.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize3%]%)
        #recentsize4 = #recentsize - 4
        LOG(&44.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize4%]%)
        #recentsize5 = #recentsize - 5
        LOG(&45.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize5%]%)
        #recentsize6 = #recentsize - 6
        LOG(&46.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize6%]%)
        #recentsize7 = #recentsize - 7
        LOG(&47.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize7%]%)
        #recentsize8 = #recentsize - 8
        LOG(&48.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize8%]%)
        #recentsize9 = #recentsize - 9
        LOG(&49.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize9%]%)
        #recentsize10 = #recentsize - 10
        LOG(&410.&f%&recenttrans[%#recentsize10%]%)
    ENDIF
    }$$

17. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Personally, I think this would be a very good idea. It could help with missed payments as well. If you added in a reason next to the pay command that was logged, that could also be useful for players trying to track their transactions. I like it and hope it happens :D.

18. LegendaryTrio

LegendaryTrio Legs and Dairy Pokémon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +301
    I do like this idea, and it sounds like a nice little command to be able to add to the server. I feel it would decrease the chances of people ranting about someone who didn't pay them for an item or something to that effect (when in actuality the player just missed the chat line with the money being received), and would overall lighten the mood of the server on a player to player basis. This I also think would help with loans, or payment plans, as one could see how many installments they have given to another user, if they had forgotten to write it down or lost count. If someone filed a report where the user claims a payment was not received, the /payhistory command could also be used in minor complaints as evidence, in case the user forgot to take a screenshot, or if the payment was broken down into multiple installments at different times. I feel this is an excellent idea, and like a lot of other users, hope that it is enacted soon.

19. LegendaryTrio

LegendaryTrio Legs and Dairy Pokémon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +301
    I'm also not sure how difficult this would be to add plugin wise, but I do think that, if not too difficult to implement, this command should really be added, as it would benefit the masses greatly. Also I think it would save people a lot of hassle and stress as well, that otherwise might be added to their lives from forgetting to take a screenshot or something as simple as that.

20. _TANSTAAFL

_TANSTAAFL EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,426
    if you need to take a screenshot, leave all your chat channels and then do /pay.