[suggestion] A Central Bank

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by legoking236, Jan 22, 2014.

1. legoking236

legoking236 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +97
    I agree I think that ECC's monetary system needs to be backed by a tangible element

2. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    I feel like a bank market will only lead to scamming, complaints and issues. That being said, it will only become a bigger mess than what it is actually worth. No. Also, the loaning from the "central" bank is pretty self explanatory.

3. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    It does if it enforces payback, and if it doesn't enforce payback, then it's literally the same as regular loans now.

4. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    What if you stored money into savings accounts that vary in interest. The accounts could hold your money and not let you withdraw it for a certain amount of time. For example, maybe we do a 3 week rate will make you 5 percent interest with they money you put in. You would not be able to take out the money for 3 weeks, but once those 3 weeks are up, you get your money back as well as the profit made.

5. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    I like the idea, however abuse of it is rather, well inevitable. So therefore -1

6. Lothuial

Lothuial Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    If andrewkm makes a server bank, then more people will loan at lower rates. The people who need loans will obviously chose the lower rates thus making the server bank useless. We can already see this in the spawn food shop. The food, quite frankly, is overpriced. So when people realize the value of the food they look elsewhere to buy. People will realize the bank rates are too high and will turn to user loans.
    And if you store money in the bank there is no risk of losing it. So you are guaranteed a profit in interest. Say I leave ecc for a month with 1 mil in the bank. When I log back on I gain money and withdraw from the bank. With no work at all!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

7. chewychunga

chewychunga Builder

Ratings:
    +64
    I already do this business on a smal scale with my own money and a few of my friends I take loans from anytime I trust someone enough to risk it
    Ask frenchhornplayer how many loans I've done with him

Meaning it's not really needed as a plug in maybe just some friends working together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk