Staff Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revanrose6, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    @allstaff, What's your biggest achievement on ECC?

Was it a million bucks at once? A doublechest of diamonds? Achieving staff? What is your biggest achievement on ECC?

2. pokeboy24

pokeboy24 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    Actually, if you have all the golden cookie upgrades, the amount you make from even just 10 minutes can easily be 5+ hours of production. When you have that many cookies, you can afford to just swap back and forth as needed.

3. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    2m from lotto, twice.

4. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Um I would say I have a few achievements. Some I wouldn't really call 'mine' I had 1.5milion at one point, but it wasn't my money.

I know, my biggest achievement is owning 2.5million in iron :D

5. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    Cherry cola, original Pepsi, sugarcane cola, cherry vanilla pepsi...

6. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614

I'd say mine is the successful fundraising of 2.5 million to buy vdub's old shop space.

Beyond that, however, I am very proud of ECC Freecycle (tinyurl.com/ECCFreecycle), and do wish more people were aware of it.

7. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    I agree you need to bump that thread, I was rather interested about it a while back when I heard of it, but never got around to getting into it.

From your post here it sounds like you still have the means to run it. Just bump the thread and advertise a little bit :D

8. clou44

clou44 Professional Forum Stalker
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I think my biggest achievement, besides getting staff, was getting resident. I worked really hard as a builder in my first town (which I now comayor). I didn't know about erepairs or how to get a job, and I really just wanted to work hard to reach resident on my own. When you are a builder, I think you really understand the value of money. I spent all of my time mining (in the main world, because mining world was res+ at the time, so it was extra hard to find diamonds) and farming for weeks on end, and when I finally got resident, I felt very accomplished. :D

9. annyonion

annyonion ⊰ p o t a t o n i o n ⊱

Ratings:
    +630
    Meeting Tommy_T!

I honestly never thought I'd become friends with him or even just to talk with him. My first time meeting him as a resident was intimidating and I didn't get to really know him until I became a president. My greatest achievement so far on ecc is befriending tommy. Does that count? <3

If not, then I'll have to think of something else lol.

10. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    Achievement Got: Befriend Tommy_T?

Each to their own I guess :p

11. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    I said if it doesn't count then I'll think of something else -_-

Lol my only other achievement I suppose is receiving recognition for my banner work of minecraft avatars. :p

12. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Nononono
    Achievement Get: Boyfriend Tommy_t

13. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    Lol that's besides the point. :p

You wanna know the reason why I think it's an accomplishment for me? Well, here is the story... ^^

When I first joined ECC, I remember walking through Bluecoast as a builder nub and wondering who this "Tommy_T" guy was... Eventually found out that he was a GA and an amazing builder. I was really inspired by his towns and he made me to want to build and create more on this server. There were several occasions in which I had seen him interacting in global chat and though I wanted to say hi, I was too embarrassed to say anything. The thought of me ever meeting him or becoming friends with him had never come across my mind.... I was just a silly builder.

The very first day I met him, I was a resident, minding my own business in mining world that had just had a reset. I found a zombie spawner in a desert biome, very close to the surface... had no idea what to do with it, but I had seen people selling/buying them in chat and so I thought it was valuable ... For experience, I supposed... and so I sat there spawn killing and collecting xp.

Suddenly Tommy appears out of nowhere flying around above me, and he lands by me and asks what I am doing... though I honestly didn't know myself lol.... The one remark I remembered most was him asking me "is this what people do nowadays to make money?". During that incident I remember being too nervous to reply back with anything cause I didn't want to sound stupid, it was my first encounter with a staff member, and I also had no friends yet because I was still nub (and very shy, I didn't talk to anyone yet).

Basically, after that, I became extremely intimidated by Tommy. He was such a mysterious guy. But he was cool because of it. I also greatly admired his creative skills in building, as I often found myself walking in and around Bluecoast and his surrounding spawn towns... I really wanted to talk to him, but I thought he would never remember me nor find any interest in talking to a silly girl such as myself... lol

Fast forward 3 months later, I am a president with 2 towns, and he's asking for me in game and on the forum shoutbox. I nearly had a heart attack. I asked him shortly then after that if he had remembered me as that silly, shy builder by the zombie spawner.... at first he didn't, but as I went into depth about it, he started to remember me. xD

My one point in this story is that the one accomplishment I made was becoming friends with someone I really admired in the beginning of my ECC life, but was too shy to talk to. If you asked me back then, I would have never imagined that Tommy and I would have become as close as we are today. :p

May not be much of an achievement for most, but for me it is. Shows me how much I've stepped out of my comfort zone, and how much I've opened up socially to ECC. lol

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    @ All Staff: Do you have an accent, and if you do, what is it?

15. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614

It depends on who I talk to. I mimic, if the accent of my conversation partner is heavy enough. It don't do it on purpose, and I usually can't mimic when I'm not talking to or near someone with that accent.

Otherwise... Canadian.

16. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Well, when I talk to the Aussie's on the staff team, I tend to get an aussie accent… besides that, I'm american.

17. annyonion

Ratings:
    +630
    I haz ausserianasian accent. :D

18. clou44

clou44 Professional Forum Stalker

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I would assume that I have an American accent. Although, no one tells me this. My friends/family irl say that I have a pittsburgh/pittsburghese accent.

19. williamannin

williamannin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +263
    @allstaff

What are your goals in the ECC future?

20. TheKDshowz_Kevin

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +123
    revanrose6 if you know the solution please tell me. Here is my question. Have you ever had the can't reach server to ECC? I am having trouble trying to connect. I have been refreshing every hour, and other servers worked just fine. I assumed it wouldn't be the restart because a restart wouldn't be that long. I have asked other players on skype, and they have said they are online on the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.