What?...

Edit: Oh.

#222 pokeboy24, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  3. clou44 Professional Forum Stalker
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'm a senior in college, so no sports right now, but in middle school/highschool I did Volleyball, Cheerleading, Dance, and Colorguard. I think if I had practice everyday after school, like I did in highschool, there would be no way I could moderate. Like you said, when I was in highschool, I had school from 7:30am to 2:30pm, then sports practice from 3pm to 6pm, and then I had at least an hour of homework each night, so I wouldn't be able to start moderating until about 7:30 or 8pm, if you count time for eating and such. That would mean that I would have to mod until about 11pm or midnight, then wake up in the morning at 6am. It just wouldn't work for me.

Mostly schoolwork, but I also play console games, a few other games on the computer, and I like to read, and crochet, and I am also the DM of a dungeons and dragons game. I'm pretty much a super nerd. :p

4. Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,416
    To all staff: What do you think the perfect amount of staff is? Do you think we have too much/little or right at the moment?

5. Delucaco Station 64 Swag
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +358
    When i'm not on ECC, I play sports, I recreationally run, I hang out with my friends and I also play other computer games (WOT, random flash games). Well, school I guess, that's a given though.

6. clou44 Professional Forum Stalker

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I think that the perfect amount is when there can be at least 3-4 mods on at any one moment on the server. The absolute minimum number of mods would be 6, the perfect amount being between 24 and 32. This is just the mathematical perfect amount though, and it does not necessarily reflect our current needs. See below.

tl,dr
    So since I love math and I'm bored, I decided to make a few equations to see the minimum, perfect, and maximum amount of mods required for the server :p The variables for below are h=hours, m=mods, mph=mods per hour, hpm=hours per mod.

The absolute minimum amount of mods would be 3, if, as I said before, there are to be 3 mods on the server at all times (3m=24hpm). But that is illogical. Adult humans should get at least 8 hours of sleep to be healthy, so assuming that each mod were to sleep for 8 hours every day, the minimum amount of mods would be 6. (12hpm if all are on at the same time, or 3 mods would need to be online for 16 hours each, the 4th would need to be online for at least 10 hours, the 5th for at least 8 hours, and the 6th for at least 6 hours).

To find the perfect amount of mods, I divided 24 hours by 3 hours, to get 8, since in the Staff Standards it says that we are required to be on the server for at least 3 hours per day. This would be the number of "shifts" that we would need 3 mods each for. So 8 shifts x 3m =24m. Or, if 4 mods are online at a time, you would change the equation to 8 shifts x 4m each to get 32m. Therefore, the perfect amount would be between 24 and 32 mods.

The maximum amount of mods would be 4000, with 500 mods online (the player cap at the moment) each for 3 hours only. So 500m*8 shifts=4k mods, but this is impractical, first, because we don't have that many active players, and second, because then every single person who plays the server would be a mod.

This is only the mathematical perfect amount of mods, but because we sometimes have 6-10+ mods on at once, and other times only 1 or 2, the number that we are at is both too much and too little in my opinion. I also have a nice graphical representation of these equations, pm me if you are interested in seeing it :D

• Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    I work, 40+ hours a week, and I watch anime.

8. JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Question to older staff(2+ years on server with being staff 1+years ago)
    Do you think the community quality has improved or dropped? I know that when i joined there was a very tight knit group of ecc.
    I have noticed the sheer amount of abuse certain players get, and that would be nothing on the scales we had years ago.
    Also, Why do you think that, (your answer)

9. Falconaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,416
    I didn't expect anything as awesome as this xD, thanks a bunch for the detailed answer!

10. MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829

Some aspects of community quality have improved, but a lot has dropped. Not necessarily avoidable, though, considering the server is larger now, and Mojang adds content to the game that can cause other things to become more common (scamming is a prime example). Main improvement I've seen is helpful users. Back in the day, being so tight-knit, many hated newbies to the point of not wanting to even help them.

It would be nearly impossible to have the same quality (doesn't matter if good or bad) as the old days... ECC is simply too different now. Although seeing nicer users, less hate, less scams, etc. would be nice, it just won't happen. It all comes with the package of being a big community. I have seen it, and still do see it, on any large community. Smaller generally has "higher quality" communities because there are more friendships, and often less content to argue over.

11. TheYukbob Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +16
    pbrassat17 How long do you think the roads in Bremen will take? Also estimated cost?

12. Pab_Jr Former Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,151
    Estimated cost 1.3mil+, date of completion, I would say 3-12 months, depends on how lazy I am and all that.

13. Pab_Jr Former Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,151
    I joined almost 2 years ago, and I think that the community is not as strong, however on the other side I like how we have it now more than we did when I first joined so im a bit iffy on it.

14. pokeboy24 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    I like how you took sleep into account... but nothing else important. :eek:

#234 pokeboy24, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  15. clou44 Professional Forum Stalker

Ratings:
    +1,171
    lol, well sleep is really the only thing that you absolutely need that cannot be done while on the server at the same time. For instance, you can eat while watching chat, but you can't sleep and watch chat :p and I didn't add in work/school or whatever because it isn't required to be alive. Either way, having only 6 mods is improbable. It would just be too much work. That was just the mathematical minimum amount :p

16. JBuks Tycoon

Ratings:
    +507
    Staff,
    I'm just wondering what the majority of your posts on the forums come from. I notice as soon as someone becomes staff, their forum post number goes through the roof, is it only because you're working on Complaints/Ban Appeals? Or is it something else like a staff section or just warning users on the forums?

17. Nelsin Builder

Ratings:
    +175
    and Jbuks has started!

18. Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    JBuks

The reason can really depend. For instance, my activity on the forum simply increased due to me having to use it. I became more comfortable with using the forum and use it for many things.

I get my posts from Complaints, Appeals, Suggestions, LWCs, Grief Reports, and General Posts.

So… I get my posts from the forum… well that didn't help much then did it…or did it...

19. Pab_Jr Former Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,151
    For me it is things like complaints, appeals, and also just having a bit of fun on the forums.

20. legoking236 Builder

Ratings:
    +97
    to allstaff: are ur skins representations of what u look like in real life (as close as you can get in mine craft) or are they just more fun humorous things?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.