Staff Q&A Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revanrose6, May 21, 2020.

1. zwunder

zwunder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +181
    I am in a similar boat to the other two, most of my time spent playing is being in chat and just talking to others, and most of my job as a moderator is just to watch chat. Contracts dont really take any time, and I dont usually do them while ingame anyways. the only times I'm not watching chat is while doing things like farming or mining and am otherwise busy, but thats maybe 5% of my time. so in reality, its both 100%

2. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    For me, as a blue, there isn’t a moment where I’m not Staff Member Taylor, we’re always “on call” so to speak, so we’re always paying attention to chat, answering questions and the like. I’d say, during off peak, I end up being able to play more as a regular user as it’s quieter but during peak you’ve got to be on the ball and attentive, so you just learn to play and moderate at the same time.
    Forum work is a small part of the job that can be done very quickly usually so doesn’t eat into our play time.

3. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    It sorta depends on how often I'm on. There's days where I work irl and am limited to what apps I get when I'm not working. Those days its more of a 50/50 split. On days where I'm on quite a bit it boils down to about 75play/25work. However, even during the 75% play, I still moderate chat and all that as well.

4. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    As one of the off-peak mods, typically there's no LWC Requests or Contracts to take care of on the forums during the times I normally play. So, mainly I moderate chat and help out players when they need it. Some mornings are busier than others lol I might have like 3 players pm'ing me stuff while trying to melon farm or build stuff - those are the mornings I don't get *too* much stuff done, but that's alright :D I love helping people out; it's why I tried out for staff! Also, since I've been on staff nearly as long as I've been playing on ECC, I'd say helping out and moderating chat is just as much of my "playing" experience as melon farming or building is too :p

But to like mathematically answer your question, I'd say most mornings, for me, it's about 30/70 - 30% helping/moderating, and 70% doing whatever/playing! :)

5. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,300,000
    Ratings:
    +690
    Since this was never locked, can I ask another question? Or will there be a 2021 staff Q&A thread?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    You already have >: D

7. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Feel free to ask whatever you'd like, I don't see a reason why we would need to make a new thread. :D

8. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,300,000
    Ratings:
    +690
    To any staff member, why do staff members never handle their own applications?

9. icondigi

icondigi FuryFudge Lover
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,466
    Great question! Staff are unable to handle their own applications because it would be a conflict of interest. In order to maintain a fair and equal system across all applications, we must have any of our applications handled by another staff member! :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • List
    #49 icondigi, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  10. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,311
    God i miss those days, I think that only smods were allowed to do their own LWCS but yea its to prevent abuse and stuff (think someone adding an smod to a town to remove any old locks instead of the hard way of filing lwc removals

11. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Didn't a SMod abuse that power and why they can't do it anymore?

Also, I find it interesting that they can still do their own Grief Reports so long as they make a report public. They should be able to do the same to LWC removals so long as they publicize it

12. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    To the mods: What’s the most annoying thing related to being blue

13. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Honestly, don't really remember, I'm sure someone abused it at some point and hence they ruined the fun for everyone (pretty much any time this happens everyone loses the ability, I may have done this at one point...) Grief reports are different, you're banning someone for it and its a very time-consuming process. LWCs are mindless and anyone can do it. Either way, you can't fool the logs .-. (inb4 someone somehow finds a way to abuse self-reported grief reports)

#53 Zedoker, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  14. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    I personally hate doing contracts.

Would rather add / evict a hundred plots than do one.

I don't speak for all blues in regards to my views and anything I say or have said / will say shares no relation to the views of my fellow staff. Also you pretty cute UwU

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    Can’t troll the admins :(

16. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I mean to be fair contracts on ECC have been turned into way more of a bureaucratic nightmare than is necessary for any game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    I keep hearing from different people that auto fishing is allowed, as long as you are responsive to afk checks and never actually afk. Is this true and is it legal to operate in this way?

#57 NessXXIII, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  18. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    Ness' question made me think about something. I also heard auto clicker was allowed (for both building and mob farming) as long as you're not afk and can prove it. Is this true too?

19. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    Auto-fishing and Auto-Clicking (for the sake of AFK Grinding) are disallowed, but are only acted upon when someone is provably AFK. Therefore, being active and responsive to in-game chat and events will keep you from being punished, regardless of whether or not you do or don’t actually do it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List