Denied Squid Requirement in Server Description

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by quefueve, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quefueve

quefueve Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +233
    Minecraft Name: quefueve

Suggestion: To add a small sentence and possibly a link in the server description stating that it requires the SquidHQ launcher to be accessed.

Talking about this description to be specific:

Reason: Seeing the launcher isn't massively popular in the minecraft community outside the servers that require it, it needs to be as obvious as possible for potential new members (which right now are the major need for the server) that they need to download it to enter ECC. I saw that it was added to the description of a couple voting sites, but I really don't think that every person who wants to access is gonna fully read it and/or understand it, and the people who copy and paste the server IPs are simply gonna give up and move onto the next server after a couple tries when using the default MC launcher.

Any Other Information: I think adding the link too would be a good idea. On that matter, I think that on the voting site description also needs to be some way to describe that actually downloading it is extremely easy and takes very little time, because until the launcher gains some popularity I think many people will feel outright discouraged to join the server just by reading that they need a special launcher or any other download requirement.

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?: No plugins required.

2. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,893
    This might work for a short time, but it won't be possible once the blacklist is actually active. I guess it could be added for those few days.

3. quefueve

quefueve Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +233
    Hmm

I didn't notice this before posting the suggestion:

I'm guessing this probably does the trick already (assuming the message pops up every single time someone tries to join with the official launcher), but I think implementing the suggestion probably wouldn't hurt much either, you seriously can never be obvious enough with these kinds of messages...

#3 quefueve, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,091
    No need, we have a kick message.

Once the blacklist is live this will be useless as the MOTD won't appear on Mojang's launcher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.