Speedcubing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fr0zenTiger, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    nope, no minecraft cubes here xP

I was wondering if any of you are into cubing/speedcubing. I'm not really good at speed solving cubes but I like to try my best, it's a fun hobby once you get the algorithms down.

My collection:

I really only use the 2 cubes that are on the stand, as the rubiks brand and the 2x2 don't turn really well. The 4x4 has magnets, the 3x3 sadly does not. I was wondering if I could maybe put magnets in myself but I don't know where I could buy them xD

My best time with the 3x3 is 48 seconds, using the beginner method. I have never timed a solve on the 4x4, but it's somewhere under five minutes xD

If any of you is into cubing feel free to share your times along with a picture of your collection :D

#1 Fr0zenTiger, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  2. Xdutchless

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +96
    Hey,

Recently I got into it again and learned the basic method for the 3x3. I solve the cube at least once a day to become better. at the moment I try to remember the orientation of each color.

I have two cubes the original and a speedcube. Usually I don’t record times but I did it once to see where I stand and it was 2 minutes and 20 seconds.

if you have any tips and tricks let me know how I can improve.

3. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    Oo, happy to hear there are more people into cubing :D

I’m not super experienced, but I hope I can give you one or two useful tips :)

When you can remember the colour orientations and want to get faster solves, I’d personally recommend you to learn the notation and the CFOP method sooner than later, as I find it quite hard to get used to CFOP as I’m so used to the beginner method. CFOP has a lot of algorithms, but don’t let that discourage you as it does to me ‘:) Try to memorise a few algorithms each week, just do it on a tempo that suits you :)

If you get to a point where you want your cube to be a little faster, you could loosen the screws by one or two rotations (or take the whole cube apart to clean the inside). You could also lube the cube. I have no experience with this as I’m saving money at the moment, but I have heard Martian is a pretty good all-round choice.

Hope this helps, the most important thing is enjoying it :)