Spawner Setups Causing Lag and Disconnects

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Lopporit, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    Starting yesterday at roughly 5:19 PM EST (when the 24 hours of magic began) it appears spawner setups have been causing those using them to consistently get disconnected due to lag in the area. In my personal experience, my ping to the server will shoot up greater than 10,000 and I will be either forcibly disconnected by the server or have to do it myself. Once I reconnect, the issue is gone until I resume farming.

Being idle at the setup does not cause me any lag, I suspect this will likely be the case for the others as well. I suspect this may be being caused by the mob stacking plugin, for no other reason than correlation. Instead of seeing the numbers above mobs' heads like normal, there is just a very tiny grey rectangle. Something about killing stacked mobs while this isn't functioning correct is what I assume may be the issue.

@o0SchnetzleR0o @Mysticgoli123 @SplayTick have also had issues with this that I've seen, I'd appreciate it if you could also provide feedback of your experience with this issue <3

Edit: Another interesting thing to note, the lag and disconnects do seem to be only centered around the spawners in use, as I am running my alt on the same computer to load my farm and it is not having connection issues or being disconnected.

#1 Lopporit, Jul 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  2. SplayTick

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +75
    I had multiple episodes of lag yesterday evening along with multiple times of getting disconnected while using my spawner setup on MN. I did not have lag issues or disconnects while doing anything else. I even had a couple disconnects while just standing at my spawner while I had to step away from my computer for a moment. On these instances no mobs were being killed and I cannot say if there was severe lag before the disconnect as I was not at the computer.

3. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    While im at spawner setup im lagging and getting disconnected. Yet my partner is fishing and she is perfectly fine; so not internet connection

4. Mysticgoli123

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +81
    My issues are while grinding a spawner setup too, this being said im also having issues with timing out while actively doing things, across main mining and vmr, whether this is related or a separate issue i am not sure

5. Xdutchless

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +96
    Not sure if this is related but I’m some cases farming melons with a magic melon sword l3 I got kicked for sending too many packets.

I couldn’t reproduce this steadily enough to make a video of it.

6. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    I tested this tonight with the magic that was activated, and did run into the same issue. My main account that was actually farming lagged out consistently but my alt account that was on the rails right above the farm had 0 issues

7. SplayTick

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +75
    It is starting to seem as though the lag issues are occurring with actions that deal with mcmmo.

8. Mysticgoli123

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +81
    That would explain getting kicked for using treefeller

9. Mysticgoli123

Ratings:
    +81
    Add rubberbanding using eff7 in brand new mining world to the list. Servers basically unplayable for me currently, reset internet etc, everything else using internet is working perfectly

10. SirSpuzzy

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    Was able to use treefeller fine last night; only tried it the once but no issues over the whole 61s of it

11. Imabankthing

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,281
    Mobs are now stacking as before but the lag and disconnects are just as bad for me while using spawners. On the plus side, I didn't have any trouble with melon farming or mining today.

12. Mysticgoli123

Ratings:
    +81
    Ive talked to @andrewkm and he suggested i do a latency test and send the result to an SA+, i had trouble ...mac things... But it might be worth everyone experiencing issues doing one to narrow down what may be causing all these issues. I have had better luck today grinding, but still disconnect and lag, enough to even crash my whole laptop, which has only happened less than a handful of times since new (2013)

13. Imabankthing

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,281
  14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I will need far more information.

Video is 100% preferable.
    Reproduction steps and locations.
    What server where you on? What time? What world?
    What tools were you using? Was magic activated? Disabled?

An MTR report needs to be submitted during issues like this to best assist.
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/lag-latency-issues.189726/
    [​IMG]
    (I sent you a very basic guide that requires simply copy pasting a few things... if you cannot submit this information there's literally no way for me to assist your case as I am not experiencing such issues, nor is the majority of the server).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #14 andrewkm, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  15. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. SirSpuzzy

Ratings:
    +242
    Was still quite laggy for me; Wasnt able to properly test but @Mysticgoli123 should be able to do that now

17. Mysticgoli123

Ratings:
    +81
    I've barely started grinding and there's not much of a change so far. Still hitting 2-3000 ping. Magic arrow disappears and mobs frozen, ping drops and everything comes right for a minute, rinse and repeat

Edit; Its the same if not worse, timing out from lag spikes, last i checked i had 5k ping

#17 Mysticgoli123, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  18. Imabankthing

Ratings:
    +1,281
    I'm still seeing lag at spawners but not as bad as before and it's taking longer for me to actually get kicked now. With the extra magic hours, I've tested all magic tools and have no issues other than at spawners (it's not even a huge setup). Sent a video of what was happening prior to the latest updates, Can do another now if needed.

19. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    This would absolutely require an MTR from your end.

20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Alright please do another test and show a video of what’s going on. Would be very helpful.