Spawn Town 3 - Ideas Please...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rh2wilson, Jun 21, 2021.

1. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    I never win anything, so imagine my surprise when my name was drawn for Spawn Town 3. Trouble is, now I'm stuck deciding exactly what to do with it.

If Town 3 was yours, what would you do?

Given Town 3 (still haven't picked a name either :) ) is so close to spawn and is joined to a community town, I'd like to do something special with it. I'd like a town that draws people in, supports new players and looks great.

I'm a little confused by the roads that are burned into the terrain around it (y=64), so the town will either have to be terraced down to the roads on three sides, or flattened (which, I'm personally not a big fan of), or blended with the towns next door (Mad - to the West, Town 17 to the North, Wonder to the East and Community 1 to the South) somehow. Mad has already been flattened and cool builds have started and Wonder appears to be maintaining the terrain - at least so far. Again, not sure the purpose of the Community towns, or how they will be used. But since Community 1 is directly attached (no road in between), I'd like to be consistent with what happens there.

So what do you think? A builder town?, a shop town?, a massive farm or SG arena? It could go any way at this point. I just need the right seed.

2. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    First things first, if you're struggling, consider selling it. I'd be a happy buyer.

But if you want to keep it, I'm not sure any of the options you mentioned are what I would do with this nice land. I'd do some more upper scale, beautiful build town that attempts to preserve the nature. Not a city, not a shop town, definitely not a farm. Look up Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Or Aspen, Colorado. Look at houses in those places. Think the Minecraft version of something like that. I am working on something similar, in my town "TheHood"

3. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    I noticed TheHood, while flying around Spawn checking things out. It's looking great already.!

Thanks for you feedback.

4. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Honestly with the new guidelines and expectations around spawn towns I would find trustworthy partners to help manage it..

Most of these towns will be great to show off builds and sell mansion size plots for the wealthiest players.. I know I would be interested in building one myself… I need a good place to retire..

Maybe sell plots where players can make cool builds to show off… Pixel art.. Buildings… etc..

Another Idea is a cool theme.. Old west towns, gaming locations, movies.. TV… you get the idea..

You could use the area under for massive farms or a shop… etc.. That way the surface stays presentable..

I love when players put effort into a cool spawn town rather then try to monetize it.. Truth is you won’t make a ton of money but at least you have something to show off.. well at least until the next reset lol

good luck!

#4 ajp79, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  5. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    I love this idea. Similar to how I set up my first builder town on Archive 1.0. A reset happened before I could get people added to my town, so it would be cool to do something similar this time - only with a spawn town. And earlier!

Thanks for the feedback @ajp79.

6. BellBoy

BellBoy Builder
    Builder ⛰️

Ratings:
    +0
    I support you) very good)