Denied [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Skyblock & ECD

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ajp79, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    In Game Name:
    Ajp79
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Skyblock & ECD
    What are you suggesting:
    Reimplement the rewards for leveling islands and create a balanced conversion of SBD to ECD that gives players another option to generate ECD income by playing Skyblock.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Many new players are joining and realizing Skyblock is really just a playground for the “elite” to gain prestige and even then many stop playing once they achieve it..There are players that actually enjoy the freedom of building and grinding of Skyblock who aren’t looking to just prestige every season. By making Skyblock another source to make ECD just adds to the fun and provides newer players the ability to use talents to make ECD outside of mining, farming, fishing, etc. It would also benefit the server as more players may buy more ranks and purchase features even if not looking to prestige. It may create a better balance in the SB economy.
    Other information:
    Granted there are potential exploits.. and higher ranked players will continue to have an advantage, but they did spend the USD to get it. I believe they deserve it. Although prestige is great.. I feel like the amount of USD I spent already isn’t paying off. Having a chance of a reward other then prestige would make it more worth it. Was curious what everyone else thought?
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 ajp79, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  2. OtterInAOnesie

OtterInAOnesie Owner of Otter Farms
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +320
    -1 With the amount of AFK farms that players can make on skyblock, this would ruin the Main server economy. There is a reason why its separate.

3. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
    As someone without the time or money to prestige on skyblock again I just wish there was some insentive for me to play skyblock.

Why build a cool island for fun when it will just get reset?

4. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    Well the leveling reward can be controlled and regulated. Let’s say 100 a level..If you take the highest islands currently your talking 5-12million in a whole 4 month season.. I think the highest island I’ve seen ever on ECC is currently at 140k levels so that would be roughly 14mil over 4 months.. I assure you there are players generating a lot more in less time. Granted these islands also gain prestige but as I said these players typically have invested a lot of USD so they deserve it in my opinion..These would also be exceptions.. Most players would be generating much less. The goal would be to maybe match an hourly rate similar to eff5 or max fishing rods.. Idk. 15k-20k hr on average with higher ranks making closer to 30k maybe..

Now for the SBD to ECD conversion... that could be more tricky and maybe too much work to regulate it, however I threw it in for discussion..But if I remember correctly with the right exchange rate it could be feasible. Something like 100/1 could work and be easily adjusted if too crazy.

#4 ajp79, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  5. IceFireXD

IceFireXD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +45
    Unfortunately, Skyblock is meant to be a money sink. Something that takes money OUT of the mains economy. I don't think there will ever be official conversion rates from skyblock money back to ECD. There are players willing to trade ECD for SBD at rates better than 10:1 though, so try asking/offering that in chat instead.

6. ajp79

ajp79 President

Ratings:
    +912
    No one really buys SBD due to the fact there is no real need for it. It currently has no real purpose. Sure maybe the first month while everyone is playing around.. but it doesn’t last..

The idea is to get more people involved in something other then Main.. Skyblock has a lot of potential that right now seem under valued and under utilized. Not to mention the potential for more revenue for the server as more players may migrate to SB.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This will never happen.
    I won't even remotely entertain this in the slightest due to the massive potential of shit going very wrong due to teams and OP users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.