Accepted [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Increase hopper limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by blgordon, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    In Game Name:
    Blgordon
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Increase hopper limit
    What are you suggesting:
    Increase hopper limits for sky gods
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I have hit my hopper limit on several occasions on skyblock. I would love the ability of being able to use more hoppers, it makes sense that larger islands would need more. It would also allow for better collection and sorting systems. If not added to sky god just a way of increasing would be nice. Even through the store.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    No clue
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. FrailDK

FrailDK Machine God Clergy
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +197
    to elaborate a little as i feel it is relevant to this issue as i am also running into this problem

it is being caused by the lowered speed at which hoppers transfer items with. Making hoppers move items slower just makes need for more hoppers as they are much to slow to actually operate most farms at even a less than mediocre size/production-speed. so instead of having the normal single hopper line i am forced to used in the worst cases 3-4 times as many hoppers than i would else have done to handle the ammount of items the farm spits out.

so yea. this could much be solved by making hoppers faster than currently as there simply wouldnt be need for the ridicules ammount of hoppers needed atm (ALSO this would also reduce the ammount of chests placed(less entitys again)as they go into the hopper lines to reduce the use of hoppers again)

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    People who would pay to bypass the limit are generally the ones who cause the need for it in the first place

4. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    @Nicit6 while that is partially true. A single hopper system can be stopped up with spawners like guardians very easily. Igs also clog them up. If you have a spawner such as a stray or want to do a double spawner set up like a guardian and a squid you have to use an elaborate system of hoppers in order to not lose most items. Removing trash drops such as poppy’s from igs and so forth would also help.
    My point being is with the availability of increasing island size and even having the option of having 25 monthly spawner kits things are next to impossible to manage when it comes to collection systems.
    I like the challenge of managing the hoppers To a degree but not when it starts making me remove them to place in more critical areas.
    Islands with more active people run into this issue all the time.
    @FrailDK increasing hopper speed would be the simple solution.

5. FrailDK

Ratings:
    +197
    Even melon/pumpkin farms can easilly be clogged with a single hopper. They are slowed down to a degree that forces need to use more. Plain and simple to any1 who has large farms on skyblock when were u last using hoppers @Nicit6 ?

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Not sure how that's relevant? It's pretty basic logic that most people who are actively interested in skyblock will buy ranks for it.

Assuming the limit is based on any kind of logic then you can't allocate more hoppers to some players without subtracting them from others.

If we can change the limit overall, sure. I just don't want to see us restrict hoppers to only those who pay.

7. FrailDK

Ratings:
    +197
    also sorta conflicted with that exact concept but on the other hand i do feel there is a general problem with how the "regulation" of hopper lag is implemented seems to in the end cause more of it. While aditionally reducing gameplay for skyblock players on all ranks.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is absolutely untrue and is backed by months of data analysis comparing performance prior to our hopper changes during SkyBlocks launch as well as after.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #8 andrewkm, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  9. FrailDK

Ratings:
    +197
    Okay. I have none og this data obv. So i couldnt Know. Also why "seems" was my choice of Word.
    But i does cause mechanical issues gamewise and force actual prestige players Into using more hopper blocks Than otherwise making the 500 hopper limit Another issue.
    If Nothing can be done About this so be it. Never Know unless we ask. :)

10. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor

Ratings:
    +181
    @andrewkm can anything be done to help or do we just need to deal with it best possible? You know the back end mechanics in what can and can not be done better than any of us.

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Still going over it and deciding what I want to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    Would faster hopes with a lower limit work m. I ask because my only experience with sb hoppers was that I could walk around my cobble gen and pick up faster than the hope sucked them down. Just a thought.

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We have increased the limit to 800 hoppers per island.
    This is as high as we will consider going. Should we find this causes negative effects on our performance, the limit will return to 500.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.