Denied [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Hard cap spawner blocks per island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by IceFireXD, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceFireXD

IceFireXD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +45
    In Game Name:
    IceFireXD
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SkyBlock Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Hard cap spawner blocks per island
    What are you suggesting:
    Put a hard limit on the maximum number of spawner blocks allowed on any given island at one time. I'm thinking either 5, 7, or 10 as the cap. Not entirely sure which. The limitation is NOT how many times you can place them, so you can always swap them out for different spawners.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    There's a maximum number of spawn opportunities available at any given time as hardcoded into minecraft. Spawner blocks get priority spawning, meaning that once there's enough spawner blocks to fill the spawn opportunities, natural spawns cannot happen anymore. This is extremely constricting and detrimental to players who do not start at the very beginning of the season. Putting a hard limit on the number of total spawner blocks per island will free up a LOT of those spawn opportunities for other players to gain access to things like villagers (via zombie villagers) and redstone (via witches), as well as bones (via skeletons).
    Other information:
    The objective of this suggestion is to increase skyblock playability mid to late season for new players (instead of alienating them as it currently does) without having an excessively constrictive effect on the skylegends and skygods. I feel this is a good way to strike a balance between the two ends of the spectrum.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Whatever plugin regulates the maximum number of chests and shulkers might be able to handle this.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    As much as I think there should be some solution in place here, ultimately spawners are the big purchaseable item in Skyblock and this wouldn't even affect massive gold farms which use nether portals instead.

3. IceFireXD

IceFireXD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +45
    For whatever reason, nether portal based zombie pigman farms don't seem to be affected by this spawn cap. Despite the number and size of farms that currently exist, my small farm still produces quite a few pigmen without any "dead times". Again, this shouldn't really affect spawner use or demand. The spawner blocks can be swapped at any time. All it does is restrict the total number of spawner blocks on each island at one time. let's say you have 3 iron golem spawner blocks, 5 villager spawner blocks, and 10 zombie spawner blocks. you can set up all 10 zombie spawner blocks, no problem. if you wanna set up the iron golem spawners, you'll need to pick up 3 of the zombie spawner blocks first. If you need a couple villagers, pick up one more zombie spawner block. Once you have the villagers, you could pick the spawner block back up and put the zombie spawner block back down. They can be changed with no penalty or delay. It's only a limit on the number of concurrently placed spawner blocks on a single island.

4. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    -1 This would make skyblock prestige incredibly difficult. Unless changes are made with either prestige requirements or block /worth's I don't think this should happen.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    We won't be making any change like this at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.