Denied [SkyBlock Server Suggestion] Ban alts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Natelev, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    Let’s look at it from a different perspective. If we didn’t allow alts on skyblock for example to afk spawners we would have an entire skyblock of inactive players as they would be too busy afking a lot of the time. The entire of skyblock would just end up in silence most of the time. One of the main reasons people use alts is so that whilst they are still loading their spawners they can also have fun, chat and build. Plus the blocks etc still have to be placed in order to gain isr which only the owner of the island can do so the main account still has to work in some manner to gain a large economical benefit.

Just for the record, no I don’t own an alt account. :)

2. SynWannabe

SynWannabe Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +80
    I understand your point and half agree but that is one of the challenges of a "Hardcore" server. It shouldn't be as easy as afking to stack up 200+mobs and then 1 hit them with your sword, all while doing more things. There should be no easy way to do things on this server.
    Plus you don't need to afk or have an alt to afk at your spawner when you could just build your things around the spawners spawn distance.
    There are multiple ways around not being able to use alts it just whether or not people want to try or not. The people with alts are the ones who want the easy way to do things.
    If we are going to call ourselves a hardcore server then i believe alts should not be allowed.

But I see your point and I appreciate you coming at it maturely. <3

3. Nick0jenna

Nick0jenna Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +141
    If you don't like afking then don't do it, if no one has alts they have the option to afk or play the actual game. Personally I would play main when i'm able to be on and afk in skyblock when I'm away. This would "level the playing field" with people who don't have multiple accounts. Currently there is nothing stopping the people with the most alts making the most money. Theoretically speaking (as i'm a broke ass bitch): if I go and buy 100 ault accounts I could afk at 100 different spawners and make 100x(or more) more money then any single player with one account.

4. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    You're describing what skyblock is like right now. Because skyblock is dead people use their alts to AFK in skyblock, and they play on the main server with their main.
    Skyblock is 90% just inactive alts right now. If we ban alts and attract people who couldn't previously compete without alts, I think skyblock will actually become far more active.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I agree basically 100% with this statement. If this was suggested back in SB Season 1, I would agree that all alts should be banned. However, Skyblock is such a joke now. SBD is essentially the ECC euro (basically worthless), people only do it for the prestige (plus prestige is harder to get now), and a majority of people play on city anyway.

6. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    What a discussion! While I see both sides of this issue, I fail to see where banning alts will in any way change the playing of our different gamemodes. All that will happen is that more players will simply recruit family and friends to afk in places where they are needed.
    What does everyone expect with these different gamemodes anyway? I admit that while I enjoy skyblock, my goal was to reach the prestige level. I am not sure why players believe I should play it more...just to be playing it.
    Finally, after spending over 5 years building towns, helping builders and many other players, only to see it all just wiped out, I have no strength to pursue any new goals for Main at this time. I am glad to see players such as Nate working so hard to create such awesome towns but if I just want to play some skyblock and earn a small amount each week that I can use towards Main, it would be nice for this to happen.

7. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Banning alts isn't really a solution, with the right setup alts aren't needed to generate levels. My season 1 spawner setup was generating somewhere around 400 to 500 levels a day, and I only stopped improving it when I got prestige. I'm sure I could improve it further with an actual gold farm added in (I never bothered).

The real problem is with monthly spawners, limited prestige, no isr, and no end of season bonus... Blocks literally aren't worth anything if you hit 15k. Every season they'll be worth less as more players have completed both skyblock prestiges and don't bother playing while effectively giving away spawners and keys for some relatively small ECD value.

Infinite supply and little demand means that no matter what the level is, we're going to see issues.

9. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Skyblock is definitely going to have issues with these things in the future, but surely banning alts is a step in the right direction?
    Of course people can still generate levels with their main, but not anywhere near on the same scale as they can with alts. Some people afk their alts 24/7, only logging off when they restart their computer or the server goes down.

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I’ve read this entire thread and have decided not to ban alts from SkyBlock at this time.

Thank you everyone for presenting valid opinions for both sides of the argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.