Accepted [Skyblock] Find a way to incorporate forums more

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Minecraft Name:
    Jdawger

Suggestion:
    Find some more ways to incorporate the ECC Forums for Skyblock

Reason:
    Skyblock now has at least 3x the amount of players on compared to the other three servers combined. Since its release, I've seen activity on the forums go down drastically since there isn't much to post on skyblock; besides Mission and Lady doing their town transfers etc., I've seen maybe one new thread every three days or so and less than a dozen new posts in existing posts for all sections of the forums.

I know that the forum is good for the EcoDollars from /isr and the shop for the rank/island upgrades (which don't actually need an official rank up forum), but besides that, there isn't much that the forum does for skyblock.

Any Other Information:
    I know ranks are obtained through the shop (with USD), but maybe find something to upgrade that requires the forum (if anyone has any ideas, please post :) )

#1 Jdawger, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    Great idea, I totally agree with you. I think there's only one little section in the forums labeled Skyblock which is funny because it's basically the whole server now. Here's a bunch of ideas I dumped, not sure which ones do or do not exist:

Skyblock Suggestions
    [Media] Cool Islands
    Competitions for Skyblock
    Skyblock Teams
    Skyblock Tips
    Skyblock Events
    Skyblock Warps
    Ideas for Islands

Now all the above are just section ideas, but the actual incorporation needs to be done or else nothing changes. Possibly, a message could display once every 5 minutes on-screen telling players to sign up on the forums to join the Skyblock community (that can be permanently disabled with a command). Additionally, you could have players apply for special flags on their island or features that can only be done through forums.

There's many other possibilities. That's just my input!

3. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I love all these Ideas! It's absolutely perfect!

However, this...
    ...we have the island control feature that we could buy at shop.

4. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $71,112
    Ratings:
    +512
    This is a nice suggestion.

And...loving those ideas.

5. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I don’t think more sections need to be added. Will just end up being more sections unused after the new smell wears off. I would not like to turn something I get automatically into something I need to apply for and then wait for staff to bestow. SkyBlock is just so self substaining and happens to be the more popular server, but I see more and more people coming back to main and a few more things posted. To be honest, the forum is here to aid the server, the main focus is the server’s activity not the forum. I’d much rather see players active in-game then spend their time posting on the forum.

#5 Ladyvamptress, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  6. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I'm very interested in how to get new players into the forums, what kind of ideas do you have for that?

7. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Well, I did like @ZevZero 's ideas of the separate sections for the Skyblock thread/forum-set...
    ...as it gives some guide to those players on what they could post on the forums.

I did have an idea a few days ago that @Iamjustapony and I discussed that would potentially boost forum posting:

So, as many people know, once a challenge is completed for the first time, they don't usually pursue it again because the reward is worth less than the items required for that challenge. A potential way to make completing the challenge in full (100/100) would be to make some Forum Medals for completing a section of challenges (Novice, Competent, Expert, Advanced, Batch'n'Go, Elite, Legendary, Epic, Godly) in full. They would need to apply for the Medal through the forums, thus potentially boosting forum activity. Plus, I know Andrew said that he really didn't want more Medals, but it's only 8 new ones, and they promote Skyblock (which is lacking compared to the main server despite it being much more popular right now).

If needed, I can post a separate suggestion for this idea

#7 Jdawger, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    gross

I'm not opposed to the idea of medals for challenges but I am opposed to 8 medals for basically the same thing. Either only do the highest levels or a medal for fully completing x number of challenges.

9. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    That’s not a bad idea actually. I only suggested a medal for each level of challenges because it would give equal incentive for all challenges, but I see where you’re coming from.

Edit: so If we do the higher challenges, it would be basically 3-4 medals just for island level as the top challenges are just island level challenges

#9 Jdawger, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Jamie and I will see what we can do to get more players on the forums from SkyBlock.
    We are already looking into a potential reward for registering on the forums:
    https://jira.ecocitycraft.com/browse/ECCDEV-228

If we come up with more stuff, we'll throw them together, however don't expect applications like we have on main server, to happen for SkyBlock server. This will likely stay exclusive to our main server.

I'm going to mark this suggestion accepted and lock it as it's a "general" suggestion, and we are trying to slowly do this.

If you have a more specific suggestion please post one. Try to avoid generalizing a suggestion with "Find a way to incorporate forums more" as it will just get a general response "yes, we're trying".

#10 andrewkm, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.