Accepted [SkyBlock Block Value Adjustment] strongpelt

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by strongpelt, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    In Game Name:
    Strongpelt
    Which blocks would you like adjusted & to what amount:
    Emerald block from 150 to 175
    List the reasons you are adjusting each block:
    Emerald blocks are currently worth the same amount as gold blocks, but they are harder to mass produce than gold. Diamond blocks are worth 300. Emerald is lower than diamond but in my opinion higher than gold. I'd like to see a block raise. I was originally gonna suggest 200 but that seemed a bit too high to just yank it up to. 170 or 175 seems like a good balance to me though. I'd like to hear thoughts from the community on this as well though before its accepted or denied.
    Additional Information:
    You can get a ton of gold blocks through a good gold farm, however the only way to really get a good amount of emeralds is through villager trading. You also have to waste mats on resetting the villagers trades. Just seems weird that Gold and Emerald blocks are worth the exact same.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    +100 agree however, I believe keep everything even so... gold at 150, emerald at 200, diamond at 300. or.. change gold to 100 emerald to 200 and diamond to 300.

3. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    I wanted to add a point
    Emeralds can be farmed:
    Yes they can, however unlike gold they cannot be afked to collect them as pigmen can be. You have to actually physically be trading with them. No matter how many you have its gonna take time to get any emeralds. Much longer than it would to afk at a large gold farm and just kill the pigmen with a looting sword when you have 30 minutes or so of free time.

4. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    I would have to say that 200 would be a good price to set it at, based on the reasoning seen in this thread +1

5. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    175 would be a weird number imo, but 200 would be nice. Just don't nerf any other blocks because of this and it would be fine.
    +1

6. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    I'm all for boosting emerald blocks, but...
    I don't think 200 would be too high of a value to be honest.

Sure, they can be farmed, but compared to gold farming there are several added difficulties.
    There's the matter of scaling, which, gold scales up quite nicely, while emerald is still the same amount of work per emerald, you just remove the time/buy cap from interaction with NPC's.
    Then there's the fact that gold can essentially be AFK earned, just by being near a gold farm, while you have to actually dedicate time and effort to emeralds.
    You're also always exchanging resources for emeralds, unlike with gold, which adds a variable effort/cost price per emerald exchanged.

I don't think gold should be nerfed, because the obtaining/mining of obsidian takes up ludicrous amounts of time and/or money alone, but i certainly do believe that emerald should be boosted to at least 175, and perhaps even to 200...

+1 for 200.

7. Ravenwow

Ravenwow ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +116
    +1 i have 1.5 dchests of emerald blocks that say yes to this suggestion

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Adjustment:

EMERALD_BLOCK: 150 -> 200

#8 andrewkm, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
Thread Status: