Denied Simplify The Staff Application Process

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blizzard_04, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +97
    Hello. A lot of people post staff applications. Some post applications every cycle. Sometimes, Staff applications pile up. I am sure that it can be hard for Mr. Andrewkm to review every single application. This is why I am suggesting that staff applications could have a "Denied" stamp. If an application gets "Denied", the applicant would be required to wait 2 months, Instead of just waiting to repost the application the next month. A staff member could deny any application that lacks effort. It would really be helpful. With this being said, all staff applications that have not been "Denied" or "Accepted" could be marked "Under Review".
    Let me know what you think :)!

2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    Staff are chosen as needed, and apps are not really denied unless that user is ineligable for that round. They remain open as there may be multiple selections in a period. It would be kinda silly to deny every app not accepted every time there was a pick in a three month period. Open apps are always under review. Locked apps are either denied or the user no longer wishes to be considered. Simple enough imo.
    Staff apps are also turned over every three months so users who were "denied" in a previous round may apply again then.
    How do you determine what "lacks effort". The staff apps are open ended and similar to an interview. There are no right and wrong answers. I don't agree with going through and telling someone they lack effort. Especially if they were honest and true and just didn't say it in 5000 words. Not really fair or what I think applying for staff should be about.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Ellie27

Ellie27 ♛ Princess ♛

Ratings:
    +737
    In some cases, an application isn't necessarily "denied" if it doesn't get chosen. Some users post their apps earlier than others, and they can still be accepted even if players with newer apps have been accepted. Staff members may see later in the application accepting process the improvement of a player, so denying the application earlier doesn't seem the best option. I believe our application process is fine as is.

#3 Ellie27, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  4. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
  5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    This seems like it would complicate the process more... not simplify it.

6. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer

Ratings:
    +4,588
    In Addition, andrew isn't the one who decides on staff. The Staff team and the SA's are.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.