[ShopDB] Updates / Changelog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kozz, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Kozz

Developer Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Thanks! Appreciate it!

I've looked extensively into adding a stock counter, but it is just infeasible. Even if I were to have full access to the server-side code, it appears to me as the trade shop plugin does not actually keep track of which chests are in/out of stock, this data is fetched real-time when the sign is clicked. Overall this is technically possible to achieve, but would require overhauling multiple plugins and running custom code on the server... Might as well just create an entirely new tradeshop plugin at that point - just not realistic / I do not have the time to do that. :(.

That being said, I am currently working on the inactive player list,
    which will add the functionality of effectively 'hiding' items from players
    which have been inactive for 20 or more days.

This is a significant undertaking as it requires rewriting the vast majority of queries that are used.
    It also requires writing a bot which runs everyday and iterates through the players to determine if they are active or inactive (this part is nearly done already ;))

I've determined that this is worth it, as a brief analysis revealed that a significant percentage of the player-base is inactive.
    Numerous lookups return a 'player not found', which I believe indicates they have been banned and/or inactive for an extended period of time.

I hope this will help to greatly reduce the number of shops/players which have items out of stock. :)

#141 Kozz, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Just an update on this,

71 (38.7%) players on ShopDB are inactive,
    which account for ~1,900 (17.7%) chest shops.

112 (61.3%) players are active,
    which account for ~8,900 (82.3%) chest shops.

#142 Kozz, Aug 22, 2020
  3. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,255
    Hey Kozz, great update, just 1 little suggestion. Could you remove the commas that are after each coord, reason being, myself and users with TP++ like to just type /tppos or /tpc then paste the coords in. Having to remove the commas when you paste it into the chatbox can get a little tiresome
    [​IMG]

#143 iSneaky, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Sure, I'll do that in the next update which is likely coming tomorrow.
    I definitely recommend using bot teleport command (copy/paste) as well - especially for those without /tpc
    I've just fixed various bugs on that today and should be functioning well now.

#144 Kozz, Aug 22, 2020
  5. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Done!
    Also added 'tips and tricks' at
    https://shopdb.ecocitycraft.com/app/search

I'll update these as more features are added.

6. kimi2QT

kimi2QT Ultra kawaii weeb
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +72
    HI Kozz, in the player search menu, it shows analytics for all the items that player buys or sells, can you include a column that shows what server the listing is on? for instance i have 2 listings for concretes but it doesn't show me what server each is on ( which is weird but cause the analytics seem to check pricing across that specific server)

7. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    Hey Kozz...is the bot for crawling shops broken? It doesn't seem to be picking up changes to my shop @ warp icb. Thanks!

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    @Kozz

9. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Hey, yeah I had to start it up again. Having an issue where the crawler runs out of memory, I'll look into it.
    For now I have to start up the crawler manually. I've just started it now, so all shops should be updated in the next couple of hours.

You can view the time shops were updated by going here and clicking on 'Shop Updates' tab.
    https://shopdb.ecocitycraft.com/app/statistics

You can also view the last time a shop was updated by viewing it on the shops page.
    https://shopdb.ecocitycraft.com/app/shops/main/icb

If a couple days go by and shops haven't been updated, contact me and I'll start it up again :)
    Hopefully will get this so I don't have to start it manually.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Ah yeah, it checks based on the server.
    I need work on analytics a little bit, I think the pricing is a bit too strict on what is considered a 'poor' price.

I'll add a column for the server it is on, as well.

11. icbomber38

icbomber38 I can't complain but sometimes I still do
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    @Kozz - hey there....can you crawl my shop on warp icb again? it seems like what is showing up in db is way out of date. Thank you!

12. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Sure! Crawling it now.

13. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    So after refactoring all my bot's crawler code and endlessly debugging to identify the memory leak, I found it was because of a package I was using and all I had to do was update the package to fix the issue.

But anyways, the memory leak is now resolved. I'm looking into deploying the crawler on a server and then this will be automatic. I also fixed some bugs along the way (regarding the count of items in shops).

14. kkha

kkha Norwegian Country Man
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
  15. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Hey, I read the post.

The shops shouldn’t be outdated, they have been crawled and all items are up to date within the last hour.

New shop owners must make a request to have shops added, so if some shops are missing it’s because nobody requested they be added. To get a shop added, fill out the form on the webpage.

Also, I am making changes to automatically hide items from players who have been inactive for more than 20 days. If these players become active again, their items will be shown again. I think this is the change you’re looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion, please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

16. kkha

Ratings:
    +150
    Glad you replied Kozz! You're great, but its not 100% what im suggesting, let me try to say it differently:

Example 1: One shop has been emptied, it would dissapear, or shows that its empty, all those tours i've got to shops that were empty.

Example 2: If an owner has been inactive for 168 hours, his shop should be hidden, or as example 1 shows, its empty.

Example 3: Shop owners who fails to re-stock theirs chests several times should not be shown.

In my opinion this will increase the usage of the shopdb site, also it would make the prices more realistic, like if someone actually sells something cheap, they should also have it restocked, the same way as someone who sells it expensive.

Also i've asked for my shop to be added, it hasnt been added yet.

17. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    Unfortunately this is not a server plugin and does not interface with server code at all, so there’s currently no way to identify if a shop is in/out of stock.

Players can request shops be removed from the site if they’re consistently out of stock. If you encounter one, then submit a request.

I think hiding inactive players will have a big impact in reducing the number of shops that are out of stock. But bear in mind, just like in the real world, if someone is selling something underpriced it’s likely to be bought out.

The site is a tool used to identify which players are buying and selling which items. Showing a current stock counter is one of the most requested features, but unfortunately would require creating a custom server-side plugin and basically an entire rewrite to the existing tradeshop plugin.

I think if you use the bot teleport functionality, or TPC if you have it, finding shops is still 100x more efficient than the alternative of running around and searching.

The changes to hide inactive players should be going live next week. If you have any other suggestions, I’m happy to consider them. But unfortunately the “hide out of stock shops” is not currently a possibility. If it were, I would definitely do it.

Also I’ll add your shop as soon as I get back on tonight :)

18. kkha

Ratings:
    +150
    I understand!

Yeah, im using the bot TP.

Im seeing forward to be added :)

19. Kozz

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +430
    I definitely get your point and agree. I think since shops have been on there so long a spring cleaning is needed. As soon as I get some time I’ll reevaluate the shops and remove those inactive ones.

Hopefully when inactive players have items hidden this will make a big difference as well

20. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    Theoretically this is now possible as per this suggestion. Perhaps make it a requirement to add ShopDB to all chest shops if players want their shops added to the site. Then code the bot to open the chests and check inventories to determine if it's in/out of stock.

Make an announcement that all shops are being cleared and everybody needs to do "/cmodify ShopDB" on all their chest shops while reapplying for their shops to be re-added to the site. @Kozz