[sgs] How do we make sgs more interesting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ishanv, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Ishanv

Ishanv King of Trivia
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    Sgs kinda has died over the years of ecc and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how we can make it more interesting.

2. BlueyxPacific

BlueyxPacific Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +87
    i agree. i think one thing would be to increase profit from wins and kills. i think right now it's 750/kill and 3000/win, but people are making millions per hour on the other servers so it makes sense to adjust for inflation.

maybe 10,000 per win and 2,500 per kill, or 20,000 per win and 5,000 per kill would be a good start
    usually the games are 4-6 players so i dont think it should be much more than that

i am open to other ideas too or variations of this one, keep them coming

P.S./EDIT: maybe new maps, and kits buyable with ecd instead of usd that give everyone an equal footing in the game would be good too. andrewkm might say he doesnt want to spend time on something no one plays, but potentially additions like these could do just that; make more people play!

#2 BlueyxPacific, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    Kits are already buyable with usd through the feature market, its not a question of accessibility, but as a mentioned in my Essay posted in chat on December 14th a three tiered problem of conditional escalation, unpredictability/teaming, and access.

I think that adding new maps is a good idea, but more spice in the loot tables and other minor changes would also be ideal. The bottom line however, is that a material improvement in sg would take actually focused time and energy of the administration which simply will not occur at present.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. BlueyxPacific

BlueyxPacific Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +87
    You make a fair point mr. oconner.
    However teaming is a problem on all sg servers. we could "outlaw" it but i think thats the least of our problems attracting people in to play the server

as far as administration goes, thats true but i guarantee we could find some people to help build a map. Recruiting people and creating new building jobs with a decent payment would also help in this sparse economy. And if they ever need an overseer of a project they can make me [survivalgamesguy] BlueyxPacific and ill spend multiple hours per day on it, no joke. I care about this community lol

And finally regarding kits, it seems i didnt explain my point enough. I want kits to be leveled from the beginning. Part of the ecd idea is to make kits accessible as soon as you join, because buying kits through someone and exchanging ecd for usd is certainly possible but joining the game and looking at a kit menu with a Purchase : 6000 ECD is so much easier and more accessible than posting "buying survival games kits with ecd for 150k ecd/usd, pm me" every 5 minutes, waiting for a while, and hoping someone bites. I know this is an economy focused server but making sg a little more accessible from the beginning wouldn't hurt at all. I totally understand and agree with quite a few of the opposing arguments, but adding accessible kits will attract at least a few more people.

Maybe youre right, maybe andrew will just ignore this and administration will focus on something else. But it's worth a try, right? :)

EDIT: if you have time, may you please explain what you mean by conditional escalation? i cant seem to find the essay you speak of

#4 BlueyxPacific, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  5. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    I think there’s an interesting dynamic at play with sgs - no work is done to improve sgs from the server side because “there is no demand for pvp” but I’d like to argue that there is no demand for pvp because it has pretty much been neglected by people in charge. I could of course be wrong, as I often am.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. iTzXtremeGaming

iTzXtremeGaming Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +1,706
    Literally all I used to do when I played was SG.
    The inflation in the main server only makes sense to carry it over to rewards on the SG server, I agree with @BlueyxPacific the win reward/kill reward needs to be buffed a fair bit. Another thing is we have been promised a map change for like a year now by Us2, we even held a poll on what map we would like. I have asked countless times when it's going to actually be put into place, and I've been told 'next prestige reset', only for it to come and no map change was presented.

These two changes would add more players to the SG server, and before andrew or anyone states that this takes time, changing the win reward/kill reward takes minutes at most - and the SG map change, 30 mins at most. It's not much to ask for, the SG server gets/has been neglected for ages. I understand we're not a PvP server but I don't think it gets nearly enough attention as it should. If these small changes are made, I think more people will play, me included.

7. jassimq

jassimq Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +307
    I would love if events around sgs and rewards like @BlueyxPacific mentioned were introduced
    Would make another way of getting ecd + the server would benefit as people would buy more kits

8. iTzXtremeGaming

iTzXtremeGaming Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +1,706
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List