Denied [SG Server Suggestion] Remove Unneeded Crafting Tables

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Infinitychaos, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    A border isn't an imbalance. The imbalance comes from putting at the middle 2 mechanics that can upgrade your gear well beyond others, and if you're the first there, then your chances to win skyrocket, especially if you camp that spot the entire time just waiting for others to show up.

#21 FwgKing, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +35
    Those games have that too. Supply drops. They only drop near the center of the storm and are telegraphed well in advance. Those vastly improve your gear, and can be easily camped. Supply drops and spawn are literally the same thing. You risk putting yourself out in the open to get much better gear, in a location that everyone knows where it is. Yet supply drops are somehow balanced but spawn isn't.

#22 Infinitychaos, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Quackk

Quackk I like to build
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +245
    You need to kill people to win. The time limit means if the players don't leave or aren't killed, the game ends with no winner; this definitely "means something." Nobody is going to wait and do nothing when that doesn't benefit them at all.

I do prefer one spot, as it doesn't majorly imbalance the game and I'd like to know why you think that. If one is to get to mid first, they'd have less chests than another person that continued to loot before going mid. Which then the only factor that could be an advantage would be a diamond sword. Thus, if they were mid first they'd be sacrificing better armor, food/healing, and other mechanics such as bows and rods. This then means that the person that was mid first doesn't technically have "better gear," which leads me to think that "funneling players into one zone" is in-fact a great idea! People join SG to win for stats/money, if they're going to win they're going to have to fight for it.

#23 Quackk, Dec 5, 2019
  4. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Fighting at the tentative spot for a tentative drop is beyond different from fighting at a fixed spot with the same fixed things always there. Using your example of supply drops, there are many in those games, and they can drop various amounts of things. Supply drops are the equivalent of a feast happening as more gear is introduced into the game. Trying to tie together a supply drop mechanic in a game to a crafting/enchanting table fixed in one spot is such a horrible premise to have. They are quite literally nothing alike in any way, especially considering that supply drops may not have any equipment upgrades, where as the crafting/enchanting table combo will without a doubt always upgrade you if you have the materials required. And please, don't make the "Yeah, well you have to go and get those materials and it's luck based to get those." because while yes getting those materials are luck based, on the chance you do attain the right materials, it skyrockets your chances of winning far beyond any other player just beause you're in that one spot.

Yes, you definitely need to be the last one alive to win. I'm sure plenty would risk the time running out and playing it safely camping spawn if they have it over chancing losing and the other winning simply because they left. Nothing at all. And how would leaving the most prized spot in the game benefit the person who was previously camping it? It does nothing besides risking the other player coming to spawn while you're looking for them and possibly upgrading their gear also.

I'd very much enjoy to hear how it doesn't imbalance the game with having 2 factors for upgrading gear in one spot, and the only spot in the entire map, with basically the first person securing it to be the one to win in pure odds. You're suggesting that loot may be better for someone over another. Of course it might be. RNG of loot attained is by far the worst argument you can make for this suggestion. Yes, a diamond sword, along with things possibly being enchanted. They'd in no way out-rightly be sacrificing better armor as again, any loot from chests is pure RNG and holds no grounds at all, along with food and many other things as there are tons of immediate chests nearby and if we're discussing RNG odds then they're quite likely to attain all needed mats within 1-2 minutes of the map starting. No, funneling players into 1 zone where the first ones there generally have the highest odds of winning since the only 2 items on the entire map are there is an absolutely terrible idea. Yes, the idea is to obviously win. Nobody is also going to be dumb and run headfirst into someone at spawn in a 1v1 where the other player has a much higher likelihood of winning solely because those 2 items are there.

#24 FwgKing, Dec 5, 2019
  5. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Things very rarely come down to a 1v1 or strait up teamfight in SG. Also, you act like diamond swords make you automatically win a game just by having them which isn't true at all. I can consistantly win 1v1s vs players such as xboy and wolf when they have diamond swords and I do not. You also do not take in to account kits, which also make the margin of gear much smaller with miq giving you an iron sword and a power bow which is also quite a good counter to a diamond sword. Not to mention the flame bow that CC gives that can take around 4 hearts with a single shot. This is simply a way to give proactive players an edge vs campers. When you get up close and personal, you can get a 2 attack advantage assuming the opponent has a stone sword. You can't even use a sword if you can't get close, and the biggest downfall of camping at spawn is that you are very susceptible to getting bowed because how how wide open it is.

6. FwgKing

FwgKing

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    I'm not sure what you're trying to imply in the first sentence. Automatically no, but do they give a much higher chance, absolutely. Pvp skills vary greatly player to player so holds no grounds arguing for your point. If your suggestion of mitigating the gap and difference between a stone sword and a crafted diamond sword is using a kit then that's plainly absurd considering even if people have the kit, they'd have to have it maxed to be of any use, and even then they'd only be able to use it every couple or so games. Not a solution at all or even close. Yes, but you can't craft a bow either way so mentioning them also holds no value in this discussion. You're assuming all kit owners aren't camping at all? Very bold of you to assume.

Ok so going off of your logic, this hypothetical person camps at spawn and buys 2 maxed kits of miq and cc, just in case he doesn't get diamonds quick enough. He now not only controls the only spot on the map to upgrade gear in not one, but two different ways, and also has a solid bow to contend with others using that same kit, but also prevents others from upgrading their gear to match his.

I now change my opinion to -2

7. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    I'm sorry dude but you can't just dismiss my points without a rebuttal saying "that's absurd". Kits exist. They are made for people to use and are a valid way for you to get better gear than other people. You can't just ignore part of the game because you don't like it. You've been doing this the whole time, and it's getting kind of annoying. Nearly all of your responses are just you restating what I've said and saying something like "that would never happen" or "that's absurd". Every single hypothetical situation I've stated has happened to me in a game before. You can't just dismiss part of the game. PvP differences do exist. Kits do exist. You can't just ignore that. Those both hold ground to my arguement because they are both things that players can get. If you aren't good at pvp, then practice and get good. The fact that you can't even accept that skill differences are a valid part of a point is just dumbfounding. And, kits that aren't maxed are also very useful. So that was also odd of you to say. Like c'mon man. I'm done wasting my time arguing considering you can't have an open mind.

#27 Infinitychaos, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  8. FwgKing

FwgKing

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    I didn't dismiss your point at all as I explained it that very sentence what my rebuttal was. I'm not arguing for or against the use of kits in any way as kits being owned shouldn't be a backing reason for this suggestion, and if you think so then it's absurd. I never said I did or didn't like them. I'm quoting what you say and saying why / how it's bad on the base of this suggestion. Well, hypothetical things can't concretely be used as an example because they're just that, hypothetical. If the things have actually happened then you're wrongly using hypothetical to vouch for your point. I haven't dismissed any part of the game whatsoever. PvP differences do exist, I agree. Much like the suggested pvp difference between someone who captures and camps spawn with that being the suggested only spot with a crafting table/enchanting table on the map and someone who doesn't. Big difference. I wasn't ignoring kits as I clearly acknowledged them and said even with the kits, it wouldn't change a thing besides making the situation worse if the spawn camper also had those kits. I disagree that a kit on an hour cd is of much use over a maxed one at 1/4th the cd.

#28 FwgKing, Dec 6, 2019
  9. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    My final change to the suggestion would be to swap the crafting tables that aren't at mid for enchanting tables. That way, you do need to go to mid to get the BEST gear, but it's not the only way to enhance your gear. This would be a way for non-kit players to get a 6 attack sword (sharp 1 stone) which is still worse than a diamond sword, but has a good chance vs one. This will still encourage interactions at mid, and you still get the advantage by going there, but the fights wouldn't be favoring one side as much as if there were no ways except spawn to enhance gear. Sound fair @FwgKing ?

#29 Infinitychaos, Dec 6, 2019
  10. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,300,000
    Ratings:
    +690
    -1 crafting tables are already hard to find in our current SG maps

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade