Denied [SG Server Suggestion] Remove Unneeded Crafting Tables

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Infinitychaos, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +35
    In Game Name:
    Infinitychaos
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    SG Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Remove Unneeded Crafting Tables
    What are you suggesting:
    Remove all crafting tables that aren't at spawn.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Getting diamond swords is super easy because on both sg maps there are multiple crafting tables. Diamond swords are something you should need to fight for because they are the best swords you can get. They are just too easy to get.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    SG
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Promotes camping the spawn chests/crafting tables once someone achieves crafting a diamond sword as it's the smartest move to not let others craft one also.

They're in multiple locations so this type of situation, I assume, doesn't happen.

-1 From me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
  4. wolfspy7

wolfspy7 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +408
    -1 absolutely ridiculous

5. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but I don't see you play SG ever. I promise you that teams camping spawn is far more preferable than camping in other areas. This is because spawns are very open, and very easy to get bowed from. Camping spots that are exposed to bows, and have multiple ways in are fair in my opinion. There are plenty of ways to deal with a team that is camping spawn. In addition, If a team can't take spawn control even taking advantage of all the tools at their disposal, they frankly don't deserve to win. Making teams fight for superior gear actually discourages camping because they need to go challenge other teams for it. I wouldn't really considering spawn a "Camping spot" because of how easily accessible it is from multiple angles, and how open it is to getting shot with bows.

#5 Infinitychaos, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  6. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Not sure why my frequency of playing would matter any when I've played before and know both of the maps, leading to my -1 of your suggestion.

A team camping the only spot of an item available in a game doesn't seem like a preferred choice at all. While yes, spawn is an open area and easy to "bow" people there, it doesn't replace the problem of them camping there because of the only item in the game being there, especially since they can just bow people back.

What?

And fighting others with more powered gear than me because they're camping the only spot for me to upgrade my items would make things way worse.

A camping spot doesn't really matter based on how open it is, it's based on how valuable of a spot it is to stay at. The value of staying and making sure nobody comes to access a spot where there's only 1 item of it in the game seems pretty valued to me.

#6 FwgKing, Dec 5, 2019
  7. Quackk

Quackk I like to build
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +245
    @FwgKing People tend to "camp" in spots that have crafting tables, and most of these locations other than mid are hard for other players to fight them at. This is very unnecessary and makes matches longer. If crafting tables were limited to the middle of the maps, it would promote fighting which is what SG is supposed to be about.

8. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Because you don't have nearly as much experience as a lot of other players that play quite a bit of SG including myself. I would say that I know the flow of the game much better.

This literally makes no sense. I don't know if you've played against campers before ever. Camping spots are picked because there are typically very few entrances, so it makes it easy to keep other people from getting there, or they will get there, but take significant damage and/or use up a lot of resources. I don't think I've ever been frustrated that someone was camping spawn. I have a great example of this. COD BO3 Zombes on the map "The Giant". The most valuable place in the map is spawn where you can pack a punch. You would never camp there because it's rather easy to get overrun. You camp on the catwalk because there is only one way to get in, so it is very easy to control who comes and goes. Same principal with spawn. You don't camp somewhere because you get valuable stuff there, you camp because it is easy to kill people that try to enter. Its pretty easy to enter spawn without getting damaged significantly.

Actually, if the other team is smart about it, you can't just "Bow back" because they can just hide behind cover while you can't because there is no cover at spawn.

As for the last part about not deserving to win... If you don't play the map properly, and lose control of spawn, then proceed to lose a strait up fight against the team that has better gear because they had proper strategy, you deserve to lose. Pretty strait forward.

Encouraging people to interact at spawn for better gear is good for the game. It stops people from getting the best gear despite trying to completely avoid other players. Saying that this is bad is like saying that only having one feast is bad because players can just camp there and get the best gear. By that logic, we should also place enchanting tables everywhere else on the map too because you can just camp spawn to get enchanted gear. Encouraging interactions at spawn is much better than encouraging players to not interact.

#8 Infinitychaos, Dec 5, 2019
  9. FwgKing

FwgKing

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    If people already camp at crafting table spots then why would you want to further limit the amount of spots that can be used? Just creates only 1 option to go when needing to upgrade an item and king of the hill battle happens where it's only ever 1 spot, and more than likely you'll have worse gear since you can't access the enchanting table/crafting table as easily. Camping will always be a problem of some sort in some way so no easy way around that, and the fighting ease of a spot such as middle doesn't change anything about it.

I'm unsure how my not playing recently lowers my experience of playing on the maps overall any. I'd say your understanding of the flow of the game is flawed if you want the flow to be a king of the hill styled battle that funnels everyone into the main spawn point every-time and the first people to get there have the highest benefit.

I have played against campers. There is no specific one way defined method of camping. Ease of access doesn't matter literally at all unless you specifically are looking for that as a spot requirement. And to flip things around, I'm sure teamers will eventually just resort to waiting outside of spawn but close enough to ambush others when trying to use it so they're still concealed and protected. It's still a funnel.

There are blocks at spawn to crouch behind...? And even with a team you'd just have them flank around. You still have 1 camping spawn so no problem solved there.

Of course not having a proper strategy/communication will lead to probably losing when faced against others with a better strategy/communication between them. That's with anything and holds no argument over reasoning for your suggestion. What will undoubtedly help the people with improper strategy/communication is having more of a chance to have better gear to make up for those flaws since they just happened to be at the only spot to enchant/craft things in the entire game.

People do interact at spawn for better gear. It's for enchanting. Why would you make both of the ways to get better gear solely at 1 spot? People will avoid as much as they can regardless. Holds no reasoning for the suggestion. If anything, it makes it worse since people won't want to fight the more geared up people in the middle, so they hide and wait it out till they move. What a match that would be, and it's basically forced to be that way or you try your odds against the, more than likely, higher geared people in the middle. Feasts are completely different because there's many chests and they aren't funneling you into one spot? Enchanting tables should be there. That's all the encouragement you should need to visit spawn. Enchanting an item can be the difference between you winning or losing a fight, so why would you want to make things even more imbalanced and have it be to whoever got to spawn to craft or enchant something first?

#9 FwgKing, Dec 5, 2019
  10. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    I play Sg very regularly,
    People already camp spawn as is for the enchanting tables, why make it for both swords and enchants. I see no point to this at all, and it won’t resolve anything either.
    Pretty much I agree with everything FWG has said and don’t need to repeat it.

11. Quackk

Quackk I like to build

Ratings:
    +245
    Like I said earlier, I would like to further the limit of camping spots so actual fighting can commence, because that is what SG is supposed to be about... Why do you think Andrew banned camping from god key matches? And yes, I agree with what you said, there should be one place to enchant and use a crafting table because then people would have to fight to earn that privilege. I'm not sure if you know, but SG doesn't have a timed Death-match nor a closing border. So if anyone is to win, they're not going to stay at spawn, they're going to look for people to kill. But when there's crafting tables in other places, it encourages players to camp there which unnecessarily increases the amount of time in game, or eventually leads the game to end with no winner.

#11 Quackk, Dec 5, 2019
  12. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    Um what? Ease of access is the single most important factor of a camping spot. Before these places were fixed, the two most common places for teams to go was on top of nether and in the space ship on SG1. The space ship was flat out removed, but the nether was given additional entrances, and therefore no one camps there anymore. SG1 Is pretty well balanced in terms of camping spots now. Camping is still somewhat a problem, but it really isn't that big of a deal on SG1 now.

Fighting in the middle is way more preferable than other camping spots. Trying to get someone out of the pigman statue where as soon as you walk around the corner to the only entrance, they knock you off with a bow, and you die is far less fun and balanced than fighting in a flat open area. Camping in the middle is a non issue because of just how poor a camping spot it is. There is so many ways to deal with people camping mid compared to people camping on top of old nether. The fact that you even say that fighting in the middle is the same as fighting someone who is camping on top of the old nether pretty much confirms that you have never played against real SG campers.

If you go on top of the mining world on SG1 and shoot down at spawn, there is not a single place they can hide and not get hit from...

Because there are still effective camping spots in the game. When you finally get up to the spot where the campers are bowing you out of, they just pull out diamond swords, that they got by running away from you, and kill you with nothing you could have done to prevent them from outgearing you. Nothing is more frustrating than the team that avoided you all game having all diamond swords without having to work for it.

If you think that funneling people towards one point is such a bad thing then why would every battle royale that ever existed have a mechanic to do just that? This is literally just a small scale battle royale. The point was to discourage camping and lure everyone towards a wide open area. That is exactly what I'm suggesting we should do in a way.

#12 Infinitychaos, Dec 5, 2019
  13. FwgKing

FwgKing

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Limiting the amount of crafting tables doesn't directly lead to a decrease in camping spots. If anything it might even make those spots more feasible when players know they won't be able to overtake spawn so they just wait it out in a cozy little corner. Camping as a whole is generally frowned upon and disallowed in most competitions with a prize at stake so of course it would be for a god key. No, I very much disagree against having 1 spot to gain both advantages of enchanting/crafting. The time or border doesn't change anything of my point. Why would a player go and hunt a player and risk missing them better get geared at spawn when they can simply just wait it out for them to come along to spawn? If you admit people already camp at crafting table spots then why are you even arguing for 1 spot only to have them?

I very much disagree. Sure on top of the nether was for ease of access but the spaceship had more than 1 reason to go there. As said before, there will always be camping spots regardless of anything because there will always be a highest valued spot on any map. Whether it be for ease of access or being able to control the only spot to enchant/craft items.

I agree that entrance isn't a good thing, but also making the 2 only options to get outright better gear to be in 1 spot is beyond a terrible idea. It doesn't matter if it's a poor camping spot as it's still absolutely worth any risks of it being open to secure a spot that stops every other player from making upgraded gear. The assumptions you make about my SG playing don't change anything.

So you dodge like you normally would in any situation? The risk to reward for controlling a spot with the only items to make upgraded gear still far outweigh those risks.

Yes. As I've said, there will always be camping spots. No argument is being made against that. Why would you want to make the maps imbalance even worse where the sole hope is on chest drops and then making it to spawn alive to upgrade your gear? But hey, even if you do get solid chest drops and head to spawn, if someone is there before you with their upgraded gear then you quite literally will lose unless they're purely awful at pvp.

Obviously every BR game eventually funnels into the center of the map with a border or whatever. I'm not disputing that. What they don't do is have two outright fight deciding mechanics made only available in the middle where first to take control of it outright has the highest chance to win since nobody else can compete against their upgraded gear from said spot. I agree that we need a way to discourage camping and lure people to the center, but this is an awful suggestion to try and fix that. As said in my other posts, this would likely only increase camping habits for people who don't control spawn first as it's their most likely option to stand a chance against people with better gear.

#13 FwgKing, Dec 5, 2019
  14. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    There is counter play to all of this. You just take spawn control no matter if you get diamonds or not. You can easily play around the spawn crafting table. This makes things not just a game of luck. No one gets a diamond sword if a team without diamonds is controlling spawn. Also, you should reread the end of my previous response I think that I edited it after you started responding. I added a pretty big part to it.

15. FwgKing

FwgKing

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    I don't believe the answer to the problem is having more camping, and at a spot that has the ability to be many times more useful than any other camping spot since the addition of it having the crafting/enchanting tables. Plus this suggestion is only decently viable if the people going to camp if first don't attain diamonds. If they do then it's basically gg from then on.

16. Quackk

Quackk I like to build

Ratings:
    +245
    ??? I don't mean any offense but I explained this to you already.. The whole point of SG is to kill each other.. By camping at spawn, one accomplishes nothing because the game has a time limit.

Also, what does this account for anything I've said so far:
    The whole point in only having a crafting table location at mid, is so people have a spacious area to fight if they want to use it; rather than having multiple crafting table locations that are in safe spots where hardly anyone can fight you from. And as I continue to say, this just makes games longer or in the long run, results in no winner.

#16 Quackk, Dec 5, 2019
  17. FwgKing

FwgKing

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    I didn't argue about the point of SG at all. If you want me to, then the overall point is to win. What's the easiest way to win with this suggestion? Camp spawn and make sure nobody else gets upgraded gear like you'd have. Time limit means nothing as it's still a matter of camping till someone else comes to you and this just furthers the difference of someone who is camping spawn and who isn't.

What? The answer isn't to promote only having one spot that has two highly likely game winning factors be there. So you'd prefer one spot with 2 battle outcome affecting mechanics that majorly imbalance the game for anyone who doesn't get there first instead of 1 of those mechanics being spread through the map and just enchanting tables being the sole reason for spawn heading to? Trying to funnel players into one zone against others with better gear because they camped there is beyond such a horrid idea of anyone who wants to win that, unless they're stacked in a team, more than likely nobody solo will venture to there and will camp waiting for the ones at spawn to find them since they'd have a better chance of winning that fight.

18. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    You chase people because you get 500$ per kill. Plus kill stats. That's why myself and many other go for kills.

19. FwgKing

FwgKing

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Why would I risk leaving a spot with 2 of the only items in the game? Obviously I'm going for the 3k and a win, not a mediocre 500 and risking someone else using such an imbalanced spot to possibly beat me at my own game.

20. Infinitychaos

Infinitychaos Builder

Ratings:
    +35
    I guess that PUBG, Fortnite, and nearly every other game that has a "Storm" mechanic is balanced improperly because players have to come out of camping spots to get better gear. I guess I am mistaken. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.