Second slot anvil bug with tools

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Jdawger, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Minecraft Username:
    Jdawger

Brief Description:
    I cannot place any tools in the second slot of the anvil without getting booted. Doesn't matter what tool it is or if I use an anvil or the command /anvil, or whatever order I put it in

Instructions:
    1.) Have an enchanted tool you want to add onto another tool (I used a Sharp 3 Smite 3 dsword). Tool is unowned
    2.) Place said tool in the second slot of the anvil prompt. Doesn't matter if there is a tool in the first slot or not
    3.) Get booted because of the anticheat (I never used SHIFT, just click and place)

How many times did you recreate this?:
    Dozens+

Result:
    Cannot place anything in that slot without getting booted

Expected Result:
    Maybe get booted on occasion, but eventually be able to have it stick in there.

Evidence:
    None atm, but it is something that is easy to reproduce, so hopefully it will do it for y'all. I can post a video later if not

2. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Update: looks like it is not just tools for me. I cannot even do this with ebooks at all. Looks like all items are getting booted from that second slot for some reason

3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    This is only happening with owned tools, in the second slot for sure. Magic Tools don't let me place in the second slot at all, unowned tools let me place it in the second slot, both star and regular. But if owned it does boot on attempt to remove of said tool.
    It does happen sometimes with enchanted books, but it works fine if I slow down or attempt it a couple times.

None of this happens if I place the tool in the first slot regardless of tool type or own status, enchanted books can be placed in the second slot as well provided I take my time.
    This is possibly intended (Andrew/Electronicboy can confirm when they take a look) but I think you will have consistent non-booting issues if you place tools in the first slot only.

4. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Hmmm. I was placing unowned tools and ebooks into the second slot with no avail, regardless if tools were placed in the first slot or not. I never placed an owned tool anywhere in the anvil. I'll test this again myself and post a video

#4 Jdawger, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  5. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    This isn't happening to me at all, I'm on 1.16.5 if that helps.

I can put owned tools in either spot, same for books and unowned tools, even tried with magic tools and it works fine. It has the usual odd "movement method is blocked" as it does every so often, but overall it's not happening to me.

6. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I just tested it personally. It took three tries, but it worked with the same tool I've been trying since I posted the bug report. Idk what happened where it booted me dozens of times in a row across multiple days, or what changed since then, but it is working for me now

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Unfortunately we cannot handle Anti-Cheat reports until our 1.17.1 update.
    Please let us know if this continues to happen once we update the server.

#7 andrewkm, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021