Denied Remove Shulker Boxes from ExtCreations

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mission001, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Minecraft Name:
    Mission001

Suggestion:
    Remove Shulker Boxes from ExtCreations and make them free to use by everyone.

Reason:
    I think giving these for free isnt exactly a bad thing, yes it takes away from ExtCreations++ but personally, who is going to buy Creations 3 times, to get a downgraded version of a Enderchest which they can use without features?
    Shulker boxes were just throw into Extcreations++ because there is nothing but removal of cooldown for smelt.
    But you could rework some of the features to condence the features you have to buy and also encourage users to buy packages because you get bang for your buck.

Remove Sulker Boxes from Creations++ and potentially:
    Step 1: Transfer /EC (Mobile Enderchest) to Creations+
    Step 2 Add EC x2 for Creations++ (I for one would love a upgraded Enderchest) Plugin - https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/custom-enderchest.8868/

You lose one feature in a already packed ExtCommands (PowerTool, Stack, Repair, ptime, near, etc.) But gain 1 feature which would then have a cool 2nd tier which would be added incentive to Creations++)
    Step 1: Condence /bp (Backpack) into 3 tiers, (18,36 and 54 slots) and add them to ExtCreations, Creations+ and Creations++

Gives incentive for people to buy a feature which is packed full of goodies rather then having to buy backpack individually (Even though it resembles Shulker Boxes). And Creations++ gets another feature added to it.

These are just 2 ways in which you could work it to make it a viable solution to removing Shulker boxes from the Pay2Play barrier. (Im sure there are many more) It might also give people a incentive to want to invest in Features which contain similar features (Commands and Creations with EC and BP depending on if you implement a solution above)

Any Other Information:
    Nope

Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    Only for double enderchest in one of the solutions - https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/custom-enderchest.8868/

2. FFA_Jdub

FFA_Jdub Reformed Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +894
    Shulker boxes should be expensive to purchase.
    If a shulker box has a star tool with a /own in it and some one gets their hands on the box and break it the /own wipes and they get the tool.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Sounds like someone's own fault for sticking an owned tool in a shulker box.

Anyway as much as I sort of agree, I don't really like the idea of trying to sell a feature by giving it functionality we just ripped out of a different one lol

4. Enzonium

Enzonium Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +11
  5. NossaFlossa

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    I don't think the own clears from the tool if I understood JamieSinn yesterday, rather the tool can't be tracked if it's inside a shulkerbox. However is this true for donky/llama saddle chests or minecarts with chests? Those are free for people to ride :thumbsup:. I think it's the responsibility of the person leaving their /own'd tools in shulkerboxes. Same thing goes for leaving money in trade signs, the server isn't going to refund you and people know the risks. Another thing, if this is a huge problem then why are shulkerboxes enabled?

I'm totally for removing shulkerboxes from ExtCreations++ because as you said, they were just kind of thrown in there. +1

#5 NossaFlossa, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  6. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Shulker boxes are a security risk due to /own and how they're more or less untraceable within it.

If people want to accept the risk, be my guest to add it to everyone, but be aware, you may lose everything if you do use them

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    -1 While I don't think they need to be locked away behind $90 of features, I think they need to be behind some form of payment wall. Everyone was able to get by without them for the many years they never existed. They aren't a necessity for all to have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Frostystorm1

Frostystorm1 BulletClub ︻╦╤─ | Former Senior Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,095
    We could always just have shulker boxes in extcreations. It makes sense for everyone since you are making them easier to access for most people but also preventing the /owned tool problem a little bit.

(I agree with the points about how its stupid to prevent a feature from being accessible due to someone putting their tools in a shulker box)

However, if we do carry this change out, I also think we should add more stuff to extcreations++.

9. NossaFlossa

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    Why should we have to pay to use something that's in vanilla minecraft? Just because the game updates and adds new blocks, doesn't mean we should make people pay to use them.

Trade signs are risky too because they could glitch and lose your things but people know that. Doesn't mean we should remove trade signs or add them to a feature. If we make it known that using shulkerboxes is unsafe to store tools then it's not administrations fault if anything happens. People should be responsible with who they lend their tools to anyway. I know people are going to talk about using shullkerboxes to hide /own'd tools of other players from staff but isn't this already possible with donkey/llama chests and mine cart chests?

They shouldn't be a donation feature at all. We should stop charging people to do things that are in vanilla minecraft. Sure we should add more things to ExtCreations++ because it's a little lackluster at the moment, just don't make that 'thing' stuff in vanilla minecraft.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    Several more essential vanilla Minecraft functions are locked behind features. I don't see builders leaving because they can't use shulker boxes. I don't see this as a necessary change. While it is a nice idea that everything could be free, it is unrealistic.

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Because the server needs money to run? To expand?

Honestly not sure what answer you want there - you should have to pay for it because it will sell. If it isn't scaring away people then really, what's your argument? "I want this paid feature for free".

12. Mission001

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Id be interested in seeing the average number of sales per month for ExtCreations++ since Shulker Boxes were added. compared to creations++ sales a month before shulker boxes.

13. NossaFlossa

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    Shulkerboxes have no place in ExtCreations++. They were never originally there and were thrown in there. People bought the feature to remove /smelt cooldown before shulkerboxes existed. The feature should upgrade the previous tier of the donation. With that being said if they're going to add shulkerboxes a donation, add it to the first tier of ExtCreations instead of making people spend an additional 60 dollars to use them. Or just make it free for everyone.

Your point for shulkerboxes making the server money is invalid because we look like a pay to win server if we're making people pay for things they're used to having on other servers for free. They can't place dispensers, water, sponges, fire, lava, fireworks and the list goes on. Administration is trying hard to reduce pay to win because it's scaring away potential donators.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #13 NossaFlossa, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  14. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    By this argument we can never add anything to creations++ ever. Nice.

As for the upgrade point... See that's a good one. Make good arguments, not bad ones ;)

We look like one if... what? We are one lol

Okay while there is a bit of a point to this, shulker boxes aren't relevant to this at all as they aren't the problem. Water, tp, sg kits, fly, ECD/EXP are all more pay2win than shulker boxes can possibly be

15. NossaFlossa

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    No not basic blocks that are in minecraft. Nothing you can do in ExtCreations can be done in vanilla minecraft.

That's the point. Pay to win is bad and suggestions are popping up to try and change that as it drives away players. We already gave a cooldown to water, SG kits and probably /tpa next.

No one is leaving the server because they can't fly or /fix their tools because why should they? Those things aren't in survival minecraft. People leave when they can't do things they should be able to do in vanilla.

16. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    That's arbitrary, though (and also arguably untrue). A lot of the extcreations tech, while technically not vanilla, simply serves to replace pistons in practical use. Sure, they can do more, but a LOT of the functionality you see in base extcreations can be achieved with pistons. Not to mention the handful of kits that just give you items for free.

And yet in no case you listed was the feature simply removed and given to everyone without restriction, which is really the only option here.

That argument is nonsense since people aren't leaving over shulker boxes. In fact I'd say the biggest offender right now on things totally restricted would be /tpa which is not a survival vanilla command.

17. stigarose

stigarose Eyecare Ex-EcoLegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +852
  18. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I'm down for this, BUT players must understand that anything that happens to items regarding shulker boxes will result in the admin team saying "Too bad, you put it in a shulker box".
    If the players know there is a massive risk with them, then I'm fine with it. I'm not dealing with a player who lost their melon sword because it's in a shulker box.

19. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    good luck lol

20. Mission001

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Might be worth at least mentioning that people can loose their owned items in shulker boxes if you keep them in a pay feature.
    As the wiki mentions nothing of potentially loosing tools that are placed in ender chest as far as i can see. (I may have missed it though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.