Remove Caps Filter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rezonl, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    Currently, we do not have a caps filter. Guess what? Were all enjoying the hell out of it. No more chat messages un-intentionally being removed, freedom to use smileys, and more importantly, the ability to welcome players with an insane amount of capitals in their name :)

Of course, without the filter comes the ability for people to spam heavily in chat, however with our amazing moderators, this is being handeled quite well. During the first few days of this being removed, during the "novelty" era, many people were abusing it, and eventually now it has stopped. People don't type in obscene amounts of capital letters, and people don't spam special characters such as "! and ?" to avoid the system.

Its a win win, remove the caps filter for good.

2. Zaneus

Zaneus Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 Agreed.

3. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    No. Just last night/this morning people were using all-caps messages; some even after getting warned/there was an alert. There was only 50 players on at that time. When we have our normal 150+, we cannot handle it. Eve though I haven't been around lately, coming back to having no capslock filter has added a lot more work for moderators. We already miss some things that are bad or cause drama, we don't need even more.

The capslock filter before being removed has the option to add exceptions; that is why some smilies worked (ones Andrew added) and why some didn't (ones Andrew didn't add). Make a suggestion for smilies/short phrases/acronyms (LOL, BRB, Mhm, etc) that you would like added to it.

However, I do miss the old capslock filter... I want messages being removed to completely vanish. I actually gave up chatting completely when 3 out of 4 things I said never went through. Messages being removed for too much capslock is a severe punishment to me... I feel punished for trying to use proper GUM. ._.;