Reduction of Prices.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WolvieD2GMark, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolvieD2GMark

WolvieD2GMark Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +138
    << Deleted By Admin >>

2. gumland44

gumland44 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, mayorship went up because too many people bought mayor, then pretty much became inactive. Other stuff, because people were making money off of it way too fast. He can't nerf diamonds, because there is no diamond server price. Soon enough, the price of diamonds will go up, and reeds will never go down to 50c an inventory. Never.

3. WolvieD2GMark

WolvieD2GMark Builder

Ratings:
    +138
    << Deleted By Admin >>

4. gumland44

gumland44 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    So you're saying life is supposed to hand you things on a silver platter? It doesn't work that way. You have to work hard to achieve you're goals. Even with the lottery, most people playing it already have mayor, president, etc. If everyone said "F.. this.... too hard..." We wouldn't know how to live, and we'd all die.

5. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    Like 5 items change price, and too many people count it as like all the items... (No offense, but it's true.)
    Nothing is under priced o.o it makes more sense now.
    I can mine and get $5,000 in an hour. And reed farm and get the same.
    In 4 hours, I got resident...6 hours, I got just about anything except a town. and put 6 more hours on top of that, and I can have just about anything I want.
    It's supposed to take time to get these things, not supposed to be a cakewalk.

And while it is an Economy server, it's also survival. Survival against the griefers in the wild, and that's just one thing.

Everything is getting more balanced, such as gold. Gold price went down due to it being more common in 1.8, and making a bigger profit than it was supposed to.

Ores got nerfed to improve the general economy (Although, I admit, I'm not all for the ores change, but I can see why he would do it.)

And the Mayor price is so that the map isn't filled with towns. If there is too many towns, it will eventually become impossible to even have space for a town. Making it even harder to get a town.

Edit: It's not the end of the world because 5 prices slightly change, it won't effect any more prices as much as people are saying.

And saying that everyone is playing another game because of this is not true.
    Everyone started playing LoL before the price changes.

Also, saying a full inventory of reeds would be worth 50c is not going to happen.
    If it gets too deflated, then Andrew can fix it before it gets out of hand.
    There is no way Andrew would let it get that low.

6. gumland44

gumland44 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. This is pretty much what I was going for.

7. Sios

Sios Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +13
    Also realize that "buffing" the prices of all the other features that you can purchase through Mayorship wouldn't do any good due to the rate of how one is making money. If the rate of making money is high, then regardless as to almost what price you set it as, the whole thing is just easy to do for.

Essentially, the economy was never supposed to be easy to start with. That's how it is in real life - To get anywhere far you need to work hard or invest correctly.

//Edit:

Also - The point of an economy server is also to have users stay in here to invest for the long run to achieve all possible features on the server. If everything was so fast-paced, your whole "goal" of the server is complete, therefore you would be bored with the server.

It's the same with any RPG that has an end to it. Once you beat the game, there's nothing else left going for you.

8. antcubing

antcubing Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +58
    About mayorship

I think towns should be increased further. There are waaaaaaaay too many towns,
    most of which are inactive.

9. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    prices are being raised and lowered all the time IRL why wouldn't something similar happen on an economy server?
    reeds were $0.10 before and the only reason it went up is because the people who had a reedfarm from when it was $0.20 complained so andrew tried to get to a compromise thus raising the price to $0.15. and now the same thing is happening again but this time the price will stay.
    and

Andrew is not eliminating good ways to make money there are still many ways to make money you just have to think of them (no I will not list them because some of them are personal secrets) andrew is looking at all factors and not just time.
    like some people said in the other thread reedfarming is just building it and then its just sitting back and renting it out.
    but when mining you actually have dangers like mobs and lava and then there is the fact that you need luck for it.(you could get 1k per hour one time and the other time 8k an hour(just an example))

conclusion:
    Andrewkm is not nerfing the prices just for the sake of nerfing and screwing everyone up he is nerfing them because they are a way of making money without a consistent amount of effort and work put into it. (meaning he doesnt mind people farming a lot but he minds people renting out massive farms and sitting back).

10. WolvieD2GMark

WolvieD2GMark Builder

Ratings:
    +138
    << Deleted By Admin >>

11. WolvieD2GMark

WolvieD2GMark Builder

Ratings:
    +138
    << Deleted By Admin >>

12. BrutalOm3n

BrutalOm3n Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm going to hop into this debate as well. Personally, I hate easy games. I never play games on anything lower than the "hard" difficulty when given the choice. When things are easy to achieve, their value is diminished. A server full of mayors and presidents would make those titles meaningless, would it not? Having the price of titles and privileges remain where it is while decreasing the price of certain items will not send users fleeing into the mountains. If it does, then frankly, I'm not sorry to see them go.

To call the work involved with acquiring things on this server as "hard" is also pretty outrageous. There's not much challenge in acquiring funds on this server, honestly, and decreasing the prices of a few items only makes it more enjoyable for me when I reach a new milestone in wealth. For example, when I obtain the rank of Mayor, I am going to be quite happy with myself, knowing that the title was a direct result of my time spent on the server.

As for going to work in real life and having to earn money - Yes, I do enjoy earning my wealth, both in-game and out in the world. There's no pride involved with being given a car for no reason, but when you work and save your wealth to buy yourself a vehicle, when you pull off that lot in your new car, you are - without a doubt - extremely satisfied with yourself. At least, that's how I felt when I bought my own car at sixteen while everyone else I knew received theirs as presents.

A direct result of the above example of cars is that I have maintained my car in mint condition for four years, while three of my friends have already totaled their vehicles. The reason I bring this up is to demonstrate the value involved with earning things yourself: you are much more likely to take care of and learn about something you bought with your own money. I'd like for you to try to find one current Mayor or President who is a constant nuisance to the server's population. These individuals have - in most cases, anyway - spent a good deal more time logged into the server than the vast majority of builders and residents. They also are generally the least disruptive, as well as the most helpful, individuals outside of the server's staff members. That's not a coincidence.

To wrap this all up, I am adamantly against dropping the prices of titles and privileges on the server. Item prices should fluctuate as is deemed necessary by the staff, seeing as we have a fixed economy structure instead of a free-market structure. I'd much rather log in and find the vast majority of online users to be builders and residents, instead of seeing tons of dark-green and orange titles flooding the global chat channel. I understand what you are saying, Wolvie, but I have to disagree with your proposals.

*Edit - I did not see the post prior to my own, so I apologize if I have posted in a completed thread.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.