Accepted Reduce the rewards from SG

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alishaan, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    Minecraft Name:
    alishaan
    Suggestion:
    Reduce the amount of income made by SG, recently it was increased to 3x I believe it should be reduced down to 1.5x or 2x
    Reason:
    The amount of money that can be made from SG is way too high. The rate of income from SG is starting to become more than using star tools. You can make 5k a game easily every 5-10 minutes. That is around 30k-60k an hour! That is crazy money and is way too over powered. It defeats the whole purpose of a hardcore economy server by making money easy to get from low effort activities like SG. Also the only people that benefit is those with kits and requires very little work. I understand the change was to revitalize the SG game mode but at this point doing so made all other activities essentially futile because if you were to put in little effort you could make 5x what you normally make. Also SG is a game mode that was originally intended to be for fun. Instead of doing regular labor and work you make more money having 'fun' which is completely unbalanced. Also splitting money between teams is still more profitable than working with a star tool. An item you would have to spend near 1 million ECD to work for just so you could make more money but with little to no investment people can make more in SG. Even with 50% of the games being kit free a normal player without investing much time would be able to make more than star tool users. They could make near 15k-30k and hour just by winning no kit games only.
    Any Other Information:
    SG is still being dominated by using kits and teaming together which creates an unfair environment for players who have neither. However I realize this is not easily fixed and there is no good way to fix this.
    Link To This Plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    For those saying I don't play SG and am being biased.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    #1 alishaan, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Reincarnated_

Reincarnated_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,333
    You should actually play SG and see how hard it is to win. Even with teams, most teams split resulting in less money anyway imo, it's perfect as it is.

• Potato Potato x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    I have played SG by myself and was able to make a lot of money even without winning. As someone who's only option is to pumpkin farm or mine I make more money off of just getting 2 kills a game than I do with either of those activities.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Reincarnated_

Reincarnated_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Lol, come on. We all know that's a huge exaggeration. 2 kills will make $900 in a kit game. You can make way more than $900 in a short amount of mining or pumpkin farming.

5. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    You don't make that much pumpkin farming or mining with an eff5. Many people agree that you get around 300 a minute with a melon sword. That is 1500 every 5 minutes. Without buying a melon sword I can make 3/5ths as much as someone who spent over $1million on a tool for the sole purpose of getting more money.

6. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    He's getting flak for this but he's not wrong. It is incredibly hard to win games and to be honest the amount of money being added to the economy is most likely less than what was being printed beforehand.

With that being said I still think the amount per kill should be changed from 450 to 300. Just a minor nerf.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    While you may believe SG is hard to win there are many ways to win SG games no matter what. This includes teams and using kits. If you make SG your primary income you can win a majority of games and make more than people with star tools. Also the reduction on the kill prices would be just a dent in the armor because a majority of the problem is not the kills but rather the bonus being a crazy amount due to it being tripled from its' original value.

8. a18greek18

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Yes you can win many games and that's great for you, but only one person can win a game, right? What about all the people who lose the game? They don't make much at all and from a monetary point of view it's a waste of their time. SG does need an earnings nerf, and I'm not denying that but at this point (just after a buff) we should get some actual numbers and statistics. For the time being though, a slight nerf to the amount per kill is fine. Then after we get some data we can look to see if additional nerfs are needed.

9. teofilovic

teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    $450 to $375, no lower.

10. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    I agree with you about an earnings nerf but I don't agree at all that if you lose you don't make a lot of money. Generally playing SG most people are able to get 1 kill per game easy. That is $450 per 5 minutes which is still better than mining with an eff5 fortune 3 or pumpkin farming that is my main concern here that regular work of people is deemed worthless because of SG.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. slipoutside

slipoutside mayhem is potato god
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +924
    +1 too much profit for little effort.

12. a18greek18

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Um... Just curious where you're getting your numbers? Eff 5 Fort 3 makes a lot more than $5400/hour. Even pumpkin farming makes more than that.

Edit: the fact of the matter is that if you don't win you don't make good money. It's as simple as that.

#12 a18greek18, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  13. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    That was a fault on my bad I exaggerated the numbers there but the point still stands that SG is low effort but high money.

14. a18greek18

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    SG isn't low effort though. Compare it to farming where you have to hold down a button and move, or mining where you hold down a button and move your mouse to shiny ores every few seconds. Your point is invalid. SG literally requires the most effort out of any money making way (to my knowledge).

15. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    What I mean by effort is invested time. When you mine or pumpkin farm your time is spent working where as when you play SG you are just having fun. By effort I mean that if you were to be a regular player you would have to invest hours mining or farming and doing a menial task and not having much fun but other people can just do SG, a mini-game and get more money and still have more fun. You invest more time and are actually working rather than just having fun and get more money.

16. a18greek18

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    What's the point in forcing people to be bored out of their minds to make money? A fun way to make money attracts more players, and helps with overall server attitude.

17. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    I'm not arguing here that fun is strictly forbidden but making games more profitable that people working hard for their money is flat out stupid and unfair.

18. padsen

padsen Glory to Arstotzka!
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,643
  19. alishaan

alishaan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +43
    [​IMG]
    For those who say I don't play SG

20. LTPfiredemon

LTPfiredemon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +96
    I completely agree, so many people are making a lot more than others who mine/ farm for their money just from Pvping and it's a little broken in my opinion +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.