Pumpkin Farming Tests Post-Buff

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by killrdarknes, Jun 10, 2019.

1. killrdarknes

killrdarknes The Final Act
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    Now that pumpkin farming has been raised to 60cents/block from 40cents/block, I ran a little experiment to see the potential earnings from pumpkins.

I farmed pumpkins at /speed 5, with auto-repairs, and with 10 playervaults. I was able to clear an inventory of pumpkins within 3 minutes consistently. One inventory of pumpkins netted me approximately 1.8k at your local Prestige sellshop.

Running the numbers, and accounting for placing in playervaults and selling mid-way, I could run 15, maybe 16 inventories, capping to 27k/hr.

If I had playervaultplus5, then I wouldn't have to sell midway, allowing for max potential. Therefore, I could reach about 18 inventories, which would net me about 32k.

Mind you, in order to reach 32k/hr farming pumpkins, you'd have to
    -Find a pumpkin farm that is 99% full of pumpkins
    -Can sustain 20 inventories' worth of farming per hour
    -Be able to farm pumpkins with great accuracy for an hour straight
    -Have, at minimum: ExtCommands++, PlayerVaultPlus5, Fly/Speed. These packages, with the sale price, amount to $231 in features, which at the market rate of 7.5k/usd would amount to $1,732,500 dollars, which would approximately be a melon sword (and a bit extra).

Therefore, reaching this max rate is extremely tiring, most likely not sustainable for long periods of time, and costs hundreds of dollars IRL or the cost of a melon sword in-game. Melon-farming currently is quoted at 2000 blocks per 12 minutes according to @EtherealSquid , which equates to 10k blocks per 60 minutes and therefore 37k/hr.

TL;DR: The max potential for farming pumpkins (32k/hr) requires a massive farm, intense stamina and $230 in features, whereas a melonsword theoretically requires no features (Fly if you really want) and nets 37-38k/hr.

The realistic profits from pumpkins with at least /speed and some Playervaults is about 20-25k an hour.

^^^
    These numbers were all pulled from my tests and shop.ecocitycraft.com with the current Spring sale.

Please, do debate this with your experiences or have a discussion about this in the comments below.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    do you need playervaults or if you just did /pt sell hand on pumpkins would that be a better substitute?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. killrdarknes

ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    Well, selling to the server vs selling to prestige shops is a $300 loss per inventory IIRC (on mobile so I can’t check numbers); if you’re selling 15 inventories an hour, that’s $4500 loss an hour. If you lost 2 inventories’ worth due to time placing in PV’s, that’s a loss of $3600 by prestige price, so... sell handing may have a negligible effect. I’ll have to run more tests.

4. happnat

happnat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +44
    if you don’t have playervaults, does it affect anything other than you having to spend more time on it?

5. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    sellhanding should negate storage time since you don't have to store between filling up and selling at a chest any more.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. killrdarknes

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    ^all good questions i intend to answer and test soon. Sorry mates, been busy. Will run further testing.