Denied [POLL] [SkyBlock Block Value Adjustment] Kaslan

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by Kaslan, May 12, 2018.

?

Make ICE worth 0.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koko_2022

koko_2022 ECC Chairman
    ECC Chairman EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +688
    As i said we do get alot of levels from cobble but since islands dont go on for ever u have a cap of how many blocks u can place and that stops us from going to level 1 mil with cobble u can beat us over time yes with all 16 iron farms working at all times yes u can but it would take time as over time we wont have place for more cobble which means we cant get more levels

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    If you only have fun when others are playing by a strict set of purist rules so that you may compare yourself to them, you will have little fun in games and in life.
    Skyblock isn't a beauty contest. If you want to build visually appealing structures do so. However, don't try to force that play method onto others as the only viable option.
    Opinion.

In conclusion, skyblock resets yearly. Why would most take the time to build intricate works for them to be wiped away? It is mostly about one's island level and the potential for prestige. This makes it more attainable for those with less time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #22 LJKAzrael, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  3. Red_Pandaz_13

Red_Pandaz_13 Hippie Panda
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +158
    And on top of all the arguments currently made, taking away ice completely destroys /isr because people will have to spend so many hours just to get back to where they were with no reward.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. koko_2022

koko_2022 ECC Chairman
    ECC Chairman EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +688
    This is true as people cant /isr if they lost so many levels unless they again back the levels

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Kaslan

Kaslan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
    I never said I had fun only when others are playing by a strict set of rules. I never mentioned having fun at all in my reply.

I very much agree it's not a beauty contest, I never built the most beautiful or the most visually appealing islands. I never said it's a beauty contest.
    And I'm not attempting to force my methods on others. I saw a very OP way of gaining levels and I suggested it be shut down. Players will always figure out new ways to gain levels but this method is just way too good currently.

Well there are some statistics. My island has been in the top 3 since launch or shortly after launch. I do have vines yes but they we (Myself and Hikari) only considered vines after we saw players like Clarinet and Koko use them and other tactics like the ice and cobble method to win a bet that was previously made. My island has the biggest gold farm on the server, We have 16 iron farms (The max any player could have). And we produce loads of value (Probably the most on the server) that being either crop resources like Cactus, Pumpkins, Melons, Potatoes, Carrots, Sugar Canes or Minerals like Gold and Iron.
    Also not to mention having the second biggest mob grinder (Only second to Gluu's) fully automated to drop mobs into a killing zone to collect EXP.

Well, if you want to reach the maximum level as soon as you can then skyblock should reset bi-monthly. Getting 15k in 2 months with these current methods is piss easy. So your whole point here is moot.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  6. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $20,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    I don't have much time right now, so I'll keep this short and math-focused.

The 220x220x256 island volume allows you to place 12 342 000 blocks, which translates to 49 500.6 levels for cobblestone or 495 006 levels for iron blocks. The maximum island size, 580x580x256, allows you to place 86 118 400 blocks, i.e. 344 473.6 levels with cobblestone or 3 444 736 levels with iron blocks.

"over time we wont have place for more cobble" is not an issue IMO because even without any island size upgrades you would need 1 234 201 iron blocks to earn more points than someone with a solid 220x220x256 cube of cobblestone. An iron golem drops 3-5 iron ingots, so we'll work with 4 ingots per golem and the 16 farms you mentioned.

1 234 201 iron blocks = 11 107 809 iron ingots.
    (11 107 809 iron ingots) / (4 ingots/golem) = 2 776 952.25
    (2 776 952.25 golems) / (16 farms) ≅ 173 560 golems per farm.
    173 560 golems * 6 minutes ≅ 1 041 357 minutes ≅ 17 356 hours ≅ 723 days ≅ 198% of the time between two Skyblock resets.

This is the time you need to beat the smallest possible island completely made out of cobble (or, for the sake of this thread, ice) by using 16 iron golem farms. Keep in mind that my calculation is based on keeping chunks loaded 100% of the time, so you'll need far more farms than that.

Conclusions:
    - Yes, it "stops us from going to level 1 mil with cobble".
    - "u can beat us over time yes with all 16 iron farms working at all times yes u can" is wrong, at least not if Skyblock resets once a year.
    - "it would take time" is an understatement.

7. GeorgiaMC

GeorgiaMC Former Server Admin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,975
    If people are leveling up their island quickly via means of ice or vines or something, removing 1 of their options means they're just going to switch to one of the others. There is always going to be what's known as the quickest way of leveling up your island, so what, do you just keep making the block values 0 for the quickest method at the time until you're left with nothing having a value anymore?

Also from what's been described, this whole ice things seems quite tedious to me, a lot more than just placing vines then letting them grow or something similar. It was literally lowered from 5 to 1 yesterday, give it some time at the very least. If people have already put their time and effort into placing all this ice and water all over their island, they don't deserve to just have all that completely taken from them because you think you have the best island and only people who build their islands a certain way should be allowed to play skyblock and progress. Not to mention how annoying it must be to then not earn any ECD rewards for say another 2k levels if you've used this tactic and spent hours on this.

People play skyblock, or any game for that matter, in their own way/playstyle; and I don't think it's good reasoning to make a suggestion against something just because it varies from the way you're 'supposed' to play skyblock.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #27 GeorgiaMC, May 12, 2018
  8. Red_Pandaz_13

Red_Pandaz_13 Hippie Panda
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +158
    Exactly. If this gets lowered to 0, then what about the forty+ hours I spent getting it? Not to mention the 5+ hours so far I have spent trying to get something back just do isr. AND the hours Koko has spent. If you don’t want to place ice, then don’t, but don’t take away others time and accomplishment. Already, it being lowered from 5 to 1 has cost me and others countless hours. It is a huge turnoff to spend my time and money on a server that completely blindsights players with no regard.

#28 Red_Pandaz_13, May 12, 2018
  9. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    Don't think we should turn skyblock into a pretty island contest.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #29 dgam02, May 12, 2018
  10. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Ah...

It’s all starting to make sense now! Lol

Andrew... I can’t believe this is even being considered at this point. I think it’s been made clear why the request was made..Personally it doesnt appear to have anything to do with the overall server outlook, but more of a way to undercut certain players. I may be wrong, but that how I see it..

Rules shouldn’t be changed that effect what other players have done... that’s not right or fair to them. If it was such a critical issue then it should have been suggested in the beginning with more reasoning then “it’s too easy” after you realize they are higher then you..

Honestly... most of the people playing are just after a rank and there is a year to accomplish it. I don’t get the whole competitiveness thing..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. neecoalage

neecoalage Always sleepy.
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +500
    Okay, so I've been gone for a day or two and I just saw this. I would like to place my opinion on this if I may:

This game either it be main server, sky block or survival, all has advantages that people decide to utilize. However, most people choose not do so, but other choose to. In regards to changing the /is value of ice to 0 from 1 (which was already changed from 5 to 1) is, in my opinion ridiculous. Yes, so what, people can change water into ice and use it to build their island. Other's can use Obby to build their island value, or iron, or gold if they farm enough.

Some people choose to have the advantage of having extra people on their island, while some decide to have less. Once again, these are advantages within the game that people can use. If someone built an island from ice, well they will have a time, where it becomes useless because they can build no more. If some people decide to use iron to build their island, well that means they can always tear down a building and replace the blocks with iron to increase the value to 10.

Let people play this game, let people enjoy this game, and let people find what advantages they have that they can use. Don't try to stop people from doing what they are doing because it may seem easy to one person, we all want to have fun.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    It sucks being the one to make the decision here, unfortunately this is the position I have though, and as always I will never make both sides happy.

This is why I have included a poll and will simply go with the poll’s majority.

Yes lower ICE to 0 = 25%
    No do not lower ICE to 0 = 75%

The decision is, ICE stays at 1 point.

To those who wanted this to go a different direction, perhaps instead of aiming to cut ICE out of the equation in SkyBlock, you can instead make a suggestion to RAISE certain block values like Iron Blocks, etc ;)

EDIT: Sadly we have another issue, therefore:
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/1-000-level-gain-limit-cobble-ice-vine.176319/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #32 andrewkm, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.