Denied [Other Suggestion] Official ECC Twitter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Nov 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Other
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Official ECC Twitter
    What are you suggesting:
    An official EcoCityCraft Twitter account for promoting the server, sharing content, and basically expand out to the public
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Like I said, it's free advertising, and a great way to expand our community outwards towards the internet past the Minecraft Server lists. It can share important information, share content of the server by the players, maybe run promotions, etc.

Basically, this can be parallel with the Discord server, but share more of the important information & the fun stuff (like towns, events, etc.)

Also, if this gets accepted, I'm more than happy to run it; I’ve ran many Twitter accounts, including Division I college athletic twitters. This is more or less getting the blessing & possibly using the official email for the account. I can get it all set up too
    Other information:
    Some ideas of what the Twitter can do:
    - Share important update info that the public should be aware of (like server client updates)
    - Major additions to the game (like new features)
    - Town of the Month (just sharing a town on the account each month)
    - Follower Fridays (prize ingame for those who follow)
    - Like, follow, RT raffles (to spread the server more on Twitter)
    - ECC History stuff

These are just some off the top of my head

And to make sure the Discord is still relevant, the Twitter will just do some some of the parallel info (like major updates and major events). It is more or less for promotion and sharing with the public what's up in the server.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Just Twitter.com
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Jdawger, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  2. PixelJosh25_

PixelJosh25_ Resident
    Resident ⛰️

Ratings:
    +2
    Who would actually follow an EMC twitter account? Especially if they are already in the Discord and get pinged any time something important happens. It is unneeded and no offense, but if this were to happen, it would be ran by Andrew, since he is the owner of the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • List
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I see your point, but you can say the same thing for all the other popular Minecraft servers that have a Twitter & Discord. The Discord, while an open and public server, is kind of a closed community of in-house people; those who joined are already a part of the server. The Twitter is meant to expand out publicly past the more closed-network and past the Minecraft server sites

Plus, Andrew doesn’t necessarily need to run it. We’ve had people do stuff like this officially in the past (we had an official streamer, had someone run & moderate the official subReddit who wasn’t Andrew, and more that I can’t remember this exact second. Hell, you can argue that Andrew should do all aspects of the server since he is owner by your logic)

#3 Jdawger, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I'm not currently interested in running an ECC twitter account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.