One Year

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lopporit, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    One year ago today I came back to EcoCityCraft after a very long time of being away. You wouldn't be able to tell based on my forum account's age, but I actually started playing here sometime in 2014. When I came back last year, I was locked out of my old forum account so I just said screw it and made a new one, and since then I feel like I'm such a different person than I used to be that I don't even want my old account merged into this one, I'm fine with and even prefer my ECC journey to have completely began anew last year.

To be quite honest, I came back during a very rough time in my life. I was looking for a place to be, somewhere where I could feel like I belong, and so I thought I'd check out the old Minecraft server that I played on before I graduated high school. It was weird, to be sure. Everything had basically just reset two months prior, I had never heard of magic, or prestige, or VMR. The learning curve was pretty steep, but I started out how I always liked to play. I took the /kit starter iron pickaxe to work, mined up enough money and exp to afford myself a max fortune pick, and spent around 12 hours in a row just mining, and made enough in that time to get Mayor just less than a day since I came back.

And then a lot happened. I got pretty serious about playing on ECC, the community, while being much smaller than it was all those years ago when I first joined, was warm, and welcoming, and fun. It made me want to stick around, and it made me care a lot about a lot of the people that I now consider dear friends, whom I play here with almost daily. @blazwura97 @Mission001 @romper83273 @Videowiz92 @ClarinetPhoenix @neecoalage @LimeLush @killrdarknes @SirSpuzzy @KG4Life223 @coow_coow @Karin_88 @Jerry_88 (Sorry for the pings you guys <3) You all have made a major impact on my life, and most probably changed aspects of it forever. Even though ECC may not be around in 10 or 20 years, the memories and maybe even the friendships will still be there, and for that I am eternally grateful I decided to check back in on that one economy server I used to play on, one year ago today.

To anyone who read this random, sappy, sentimental essay, thank you for taking the time to share a moment with me. I love this server and I love this community :D

• Friendly Friendly x 21
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 Lopporit, Jul 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  2. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    OwO adorable :3 I'm glad you decided to check in on the server that day cause now I met one of my best friends ♥

3. neecoalage

neecoalage Always sleepy.
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +500
    I’m so happy to have met you this time around :)

And I do know that I better get to meet you soon and we can make everyone else jealous

4. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    What an awesome story! We are all blessed to have you around.

5. Xdutchless

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +96
    It is a really nice story. Also amazing of the things you accomplished this year. 9 prestige’s mythic rank game admin. And all the friends you made in game.

really impressive.

I hope you stay for at least another year

6. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    WOW like emotions and shit? thats mad, you suck <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. neecoalage

neecoalage Always sleepy.
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +500
    You have those too? Lol

8. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    jokes aside cam ily <3

9. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Awww ❤️ I took a short break myself, and came back and was totally happy to meet you (and @coow_coow )! You're definitely one of my closest friends on the server, and I'm always looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you in game.

Since Jerry never checks the forums lol, I'll tell him about this and edit this later to include what he says :) (probably a lame joke :dead:)

#9 Karin_88, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  10. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I didn't realize lame jokes were allowed and so did not include this one on my first post.
    My initial reaction to this post:
    Cool story, make me a sandwich
    lol hahaha :)

• Happy Happy x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Flamingforce

Flamingforce President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +115
    Based.

12. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Always cool to see someone find a home on ECC… So many have come and gone over the years.. You are a great addition for sure. Hope you stick around for many more.

PS.. They said the server wouldn’t last many times over the years. I’ve even had doubts at times myself. It has its ups and downs for sure but the few players who stuck through everything are why it’s still going and why I’m still here. At my age 11 years doesn’t seem that long ago but here we are. Many on ECC have literally seen my kids grow up on the forums and have sent so much love and support. That what makes this community the greatest.

I hope to see you around for the next 11…

Keep being awesome!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. FiFyFoFumOtter

FiFyFoFumOtter does NOT eat mayo on chipotle burritos
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +173
    ECC is my home

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. Benefactorx

Benefactorx EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +43
    What a great story! From my limited interactions with you, I have nothing bad to ever say! You're such an amazing person and I enjoy playing on ECC with you and supplying all the dirt you need LOL