Denied New spawn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GeorgiaMC, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddyagogog

freddyagogog Ex-SMod
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    In my general opinion I would love to see a new spawn, much smaller and not for such a big server or at least change the HUB or make some minor changes, I loved the old spawn but as always sometimes we need a refresh, if we are making changes because I think we could help re-build or make the small changes would be awesome since Staff is focusing on other important things right now but totally a +1 from me ;)

2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    But like JM said, it’s gotta fit into the space that’s there, you can’t just have blank areas. You could fill it in with landscape things but the point is, something has to be there. The current spawn is big, sure, but all the important things are within walking distance while everything else is purely aesthetic

3. zjkhan

zjkhan Arridian Emperor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $917,943
    Ratings:
    +654
    This is not so much an issue, spawn even in 2013 was the same size, but there was a lot of open space for people to roam around the numerous structures that were built. The actual hub was only like a 30x30 area. Everything else was like easter eggs built over time. Which were cool and gave the spawn a homey look. Theres no need to have a spawn that fills the entire area like now, just so it doesn't look barren i suppose, have small buildings surrounding everything

4. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    #bringbackeccspawn2012-13
    Best spawn ever.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #44 jwpwns, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  5. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Right but that’s exactly what we have right now, the buildings and stuff are just for aesthetics, they serve no real purpose. The only issue that I agree with is the shop, everything else is very clearly marked and easy to get to

6. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I like spawn. Spawn is not the problem, it’s the server shop and player shops within spawn that are horrible to efficiently access. I would really like to see the idea @OlympiansAreGods presented. I don’t think it’s too late for @jmichael214 to make those changes, can’t he just build them in a new world and then that can be imported into the space? I don’t know how none of that works, but I’m sure that’s what was done with spawn. It doesn’t even need to be jmich that builds that portion, but then if someone else does, spawn wouldn’t have been completely created by just him.

To the comments about how this could be a community project... it was and only 2 members (and the team that helped them if they had anyone else helping) submitted anything. The rest of the community voted and we have what we have. The Lobby was also a “community” project and I’ve seen suggestions on changing it too. Doesn’t matter what is built someone will always find a problem with it.

I don’t think we need a completely new spawn, so as for that I’m going to say -1. However, I can agree that the server shops (even the player shops within spawn) all need to be redesigned and it should be up to jmich if he would like to redesign them or share the glory with someone else redesigning them.

#46 Ladyvamptress, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  7. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    I agree that the blockshop is the weakest link of the spawn, and as I mentioned, it and the other underground spaces are the result of me changing my mind halfway through the build. When the tutorial went up onto the bridges, I was left with a blockshop which had been shoved over to one side to make room for a tutorial which was no longer down there -- thus the big empty cubes under the other side of the spawn. There just wasn't enough time left to revert to the older and better plan.

I also appreciate the thought that I should get first crack at a redesign -- but I would like to pass that chance on to others (if administration decides to do it). I haven't been a very motivated ECC player lately, and let's be fair -- between the spawn, the new SG map, and a certain other project of mine which hasn't yet seen the light of day, I think the server has enough of my builds. I am not the only gifted builder on this server, by FAR.

As I recall the structure of the spawn build, there is nothing below y = 60 except the blockshop, the 12 empty cubes where I was originally going to put the tutorial, and the staircases down. All of them compromised designs which would not be a great loss.

To the extent that I get a vote on this suggestion, I vote for a re-designed blockshop ... built by someone else. :) With lots of concrete. I do wish concrete had been around already when I built the spawn.

@ClarinetPhoenix @DiamondDesire @Mendiboi @BuildsByGideon @Nicit6 @Imaginex @Mission001 @Ladyvamptress @Jackson_G14 @Hiccabup (and any others of the greats I forgot)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #47 jmichael214, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    We are planning a new spawn. But not anytime soon what so ever.
    The community will be informed when we launch a competition for a new one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.