New Melon Price Drop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Odoterm, Jun 10, 2013.

1. youlouigi

youlouigi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    ScottTheGOD's post raised another point that's worth considering, this price drop may affect the price of perms for farms, I find this even more annoying as I am building a farm and this takes lots of effort, which I believe should be rewarded with making lots of money.

2. TdoggTL

TdoggTL Builder

EcoDollars:
    $552
    Ratings:
    +532
    -1 there are atleast 80 melon swords, and melon prices are perfect where they are right now.

3. mista_J

mista_J Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +172
    no just no. im just getting my melon sword

4. SmallzzHD

SmallzzHD Builder

Ratings:
    +13
  5. TdoggTL

TdoggTL Builder

EcoDollars:
    $552
    Ratings:
    +532
    how what?

6. Dark_Tonitrus

Dark_Tonitrus Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    So an 8K tool w/ fly makes 16K an hour and a 325K makes the same and the 8K tool gives more herbalism skill the melon price must be raised not dropped.

7. Rsentoki

Rsentoki Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    the prices of melons should go back up to 2$ melon swords are worth lots and the melons make up for what you spent

8. SmallzzHD

SmallzzHD Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    Tdogg120 Tell me how melons are perfect price for now. And how they shouldnt be raised

9. ScottTheGOD

ScottTheGOD Builder

Ratings:
    +15
    That is not the point what about the people that are working for a melon sword? just because other people have a melon sword how does that make it alright to drop the prices? So what you are saying is just because 80 melon swords are in the game it should affect people that are working towards a melon sword and making a farm?

10. LegendaryTrio

LegendaryTrio Legs and Dairy Pokémon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +301
    I just can't believe that only after 5 days melon prices drop, making the 350k melon sword that I bought so I could become mayor sort of worthless. Having spent 3 months acquiring netherstars so I could but the ever so mighty melon sword really frustrates me because I could have used that 350k for other things that would have made my time so much more worthwhile.

11. iorbit

iorbit Builder

Ratings:
    +187
    Well, the three melon swords I've bought through out, no longer have any meaning for my bragging (One lost, one robbed, one still with me).
    However, this bs is always happening, all the time. It all started with Pumpkin nerfing, then mining, pumpkin a few times, fish, chicken, wheat, reeds and now melons. Now, there are two paths that will lead to the future. One, will lead to the price raising significantly and everyone will be happy, or stay like it is until someone finds another way of making money, which will then be nerfed, and the cycle repeats.

EDIT: Told ya

#31 iorbit, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  12. LegendaryTrio

LegendaryTrio Legs and Dairy Pokémon
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +301
    It also seems quite ridiculous that just because of a select few that have melon swords (71 known), the price of melons has to drop. The whole point of spending 350k to obtain a melon sword is so that money can be made faster, and so that one can spend more time contributing to the well-being of the server. It just doesn't make any sense to me as to why the prices were lowered... Doesn't really make any sense at all.

13. iorbit

iorbit Builder

Ratings:
    +187
    Is there any chance that Melons will actually rise? Or is nerfing them the only possible out come besides keeping them at $2?

14. TigerWasHere

TigerWasHere Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +50
    PRICE IS BACK TO $2!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

15. cainam

cainam Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    Melon swords have a fixed nstar price, not a fixed dollar price. If melon swords were the drive behind nstars being worth what they were, then we can look at a drop in nstar pricing, and a drop in melon sword prices. Maybe even a rise in pumpkin axe prices.

An economy should change from time to time. A $0.25 drop isn't horrible, and can lead to interesting changes. This is all speculation, but that is what really makes an economy fun. The server prices changing, especially dropping for items frequently sold to the server, or raising for items not sold to the server, make the game more interesting.

16. FuergrissaOst

FuergrissaOst Builder

Ratings:
    +11
    My option - If it doesn't get nerfed now will get nerfed soon. I assume ecc has alrdy lowered the price of melons once before as the population grews. ( Modus operandi for economy servers ).

With that said , a lower sell price will still not deter many from making it their main source of income. A few players will want out, but farming melons is still easier than pumpkins or wheat. Better money than sg and mining. And in the end that will make more people want to farm melons.

17. Pilot3101

Pilot3101 Builder

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +74
    No leave melons at 2$. What is the price now?

18. Delucaco

Delucaco Station 64 Swag
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +358
    The price has been reverted back to $2, this thread is obsolete now.

19. cainam

cainam Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    There are two reasons for a server price. A price floor, so they can determine the lowest price a good should sell for, or a faucet for inserting money into the server.

Price floors are good when they are set to help people in off hours get close to what a good is worth during normal hours, or to give new players and idea of what the good is worth. Setting good price floors requires constant attention to the player trades, and so they are often below market value far enough that only rarely does the floor have an effect.

Faucets are used far more often in games. They need a way to control how much money enters and leaves the system. The server prices act as a faucet, while lotto tax, fines, and application fees act as sinks, draining money from the economy. If they always adjust the sinks, then people complain about inflation. Inflation is especially bad when one faucet is flowing faster than the rest, causing people who have access to that faucet to drive up prices for everyone.

Faucets can and should flow at different rates, but players should be aware that those rates may change. The further the faucet is from the mean flow rate the more likely it is to change. Pumpkins and melons both seem to be above the mean, leading to either lowering prices from these two, or raising prices for others (and then also raising costs).

The most interesting time is shortly after a change in the faucets or sinks, before a balance has been reached by the populace. There isn't a problem with making melons worse than another crop, or worse than mining. So long as it doesn't drop to below the mean, it is still a good way to make money. I actually look forward to changes like this, along with the eventual raising again of melon prices.

20. evevet101

evevet101 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
    Your insane -_-