Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Can we please stay on topic to the suggestion and stop attacking each other, thanks.

2. a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    My personal take on the suggestion is that it doesn't happen enough to be worth changing. The vast majority of users who are muted don't use /mail or books or something to "bypass" the mute. Pretty sure we can all agree that yes, it does happen from time to time, however in my experience it is so few and far between that it wouldn't be worth the time of the developers to change (unless it is a very simple/fast change).

Plus, using /mail or signs or something similar to communicate during a mute is so much more tedious and inconvenient than pm's and regular chat, I feel perfectly content letting people use these methods during a mute, provided that they aren't being deliberately obnixous (such as in the case of the complaint that was linked above).

3. kkha Norwegian Country Man
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    I can agree on this yeah!

If its an easy fix i would love it to be done, but the book etc you're talking about, is for sure no simple fix.

4. kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    +1

In my opinion the punishment for an offence should prevent that offence from being continued. In the case of books and signs, inappropriate usage of these were.typically treated as "ban offences" (signs falling under the inappropriate structures warn / ban scale, and inappropriate book selling falling under either troll auction mutes, or bans if continued). It seems rather redundant to issue a mute to a player in the case of mail spam, when that mute won't actually prevent that. The alternative is to start issuing temp bans for mail abuse, which does seem a bit drastic.

Also, I don't see /mail as an "essential command" for continued gameplay, so removal in a mute (where someone has broken chat rules and not in-game rules) seems perfectly fair to me.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Was a bit funky due to the mail system running outside of the servers and on the network, but this has now been implemented.
    /mail is no longer accessible by muted users.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • List
    #25 andrewkm, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  6. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Unfortunately this has been reverted due to problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.