Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Rework Rule 1 from /rules.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kane_Voltaire, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane_Voltaire

Kane_Voltaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    In Game Name:
    Kane_Voltaire
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Rework Rule 1 from /rules.
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that it becomes illegal to loot unlocked chests in protected zones. Rule 1 already states No Griefing in Protected Areas, but it seems plain stupid to me that this doesn't extend to chests inside protected areas. So what if some Builder forgot to /lock their chest or furnace. If it's in a plot inside a town it should not be allowed to be griefed no matter if the chest is locked or not and if the town has flags to prevent griefing or doesn't.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It's plain stupid to allow griefing of unlocked chests in towns. Especially since the people who are most likely to forget /lock-ing their chest inside a town are gonna be Builders who just joined the server and all that information they're receiving is a bit too much for them and they forgot to lock a chest inside a town.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Well let us consider this. If something is locked and you /cmodify other players to that chest and they take things out from that. Is that theft? No. You gave them access.

By not locking your chest or using town control to stop a chest from being looted you're allowing everyone access.
    Furthermore, at that point what would be the point of having a restriction on the number of locks you have?

Frankly, I understand that if builders join the server and are learning the ropes they might be stolen from. That being said, I also understand we all had that same experience and its better to learn to be safe as a builder than to find out as a Mayor left an EFF 7 lying around.

-1 tdlr: Lets not baby people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    We offer quite a few options for protecting unlocked chests/blocks with inventory via town flags.

We won't be changing this rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Solution: lock your chests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.