Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Remove ECD from store

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kenny0011, Jul 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Remove ECD from store
    What are you suggesting:
    Removing ECD from the features store.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    So... ECD in the store is kinda of a contentious issue some what. In my opinion, it is absolutely impossible to balance. The USD -> ECD exchange rate will always be absolutly abysmal, sitting at an absolutly whopping 3.7k / USD at the most efficient spending. I also do not believe ECD is something that is commonly brought on the store anyway, so revenue from it must be minimal compared to other stuff on the store.

Furthermore, while yes we can get into technicalities over whether selling ingame money for real life money is within the EULA or not, the average builder who logs on and sees "buy ECD for USD" isn't nessisarily going to know, or care, about these technicalities. All they will do is start and arguement in chat, which in turn may cause some players to leave.

Finally, I think there is some kind of moral argument for removing ECD from the store. The only people who buy ECD are people who don't know better, and it's always a :feelsbad: moment when someone says they have. And who knows, maybe they will realise the mistake they made and attempt a chargeback, causing hassel for upper administration and ultimately, a potential player.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    USD Store
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    +1 I have always hated ECD in the store. Yes, a few new players buy it, but it as you say, it's defo a feelsbad moment when they mention they have in chat. A LOT of people agree with this, just hoping they comment.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I agree with the idea of removing this but only because I'm in favor of reducing p2w.

I personally feel like all the justifications you give here are pretty shaky at best given that you don't have the numbers to back them up and you're making this appeal to the guy who has them. Like really the basis of your arguments are that store ECD purchases are more trouble than they're worth, but Andrew has never been shy about removing things that are more trouble than they're worth from the store, and ECD is still there.

4. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
  5. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    I have to agree with Nicit here. I like the idea of removing ECD from the store (and by extension nether stars), but trying to guestimate the raw data doesn't seem like the right way to persuade. Also, by the same logic that you're using on this, if the ECD isn't purchased all that often, then it would have a minimal effect on the economy, which probably doesn't warrant Andrew taking the time to remove it. Not to mention the ability to sell feats would still allow people to directly buy ECD, just a little less reliably. Aside from just not liking P2W, I haven't been able to come up with any solid ideas as to why it should be removed, especially since I can't quote sales data.

6. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    So I agree with Nicit in logic, but I’m going to vote +0

I love to reduce p2w as much as possible and this would be a great way to do this, but I see buyable ECD more as a quick pick-me-up. It is so shitty for rates, but if you need a little more, then at least you have an option.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We no longer take suggestions regarding our server store and what we sell.
    PS: ECD sells quite well actually.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    #7 andrewkm, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.