Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Reimplement fine for incorrect apps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PyroTechnix_, Feb 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    In Game Name:
    PyroTechnix_
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Reimplement fine for incorrect apps
    What are you suggesting:
    That the “fine” is brought back for submitting false/incorrect applications.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I see many applications, specifically town related ones that contain wrong information and need to be edited/redone. On behalf of the staff team and the amount of work they do, I believe we should help them in reducing the amount of invalid applications that come through and introduce the “fine” that used to come with an application that is created falsely meaning the staff have to ask the user to correct it and then recheck it etc. It would also mean that we have less denied apps and more accepted. I just think the amount of time staff spend on asking people to correct something before their application can be processed is time which could be used for far more important things.
    Other information:
    Please see https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/update-the-town-warp-application.174818/ for a better understanding. Here I was at fault and clearly didn’t read the whole instructions which lead to discussion about the fine being reintroduced.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
  3. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    -1 Mistakes happen, and for a while I've not seen any deliberately false applications being submitted. I don't see why fines should be imposed for small mistakes, which doesn't affect staff other than the GAs asking for the player to change their app.

As for incorrect funds, most players have chestshops which take directly from balances, etc. If several incorrect apps are filed, then yes, impose a fine, but not unless there is multiple incorrect apps.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 pretty much what oly said. People make mistakes all the time. Why punish them for forgetting a minus in their town posts.

Also, as oly did say again, chestshops take money directly from the players balance. I often check my balance and always say to myself “where did this money come from?” Before remembering I have chestshops live. I know we are trying our best to do these apps as quickly as we can to avoid this, but as I said earlier, why punish someone because someone decides to take money from their chestshops before we get the chance to rank them up (I say it like that because in my five years here, I don’t think I heard one instance where someone didn’t have enough money for the rankup).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #4 Jdawger, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  5. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379

We haven't used fines for a very very long time, I don't see why we need to do them now.
    Ranking and filing applications is supposed to be a positive thing, I don't like the idea of "punishing" users for application mistakes. Its a lot to absorb, our application process, I always expect a few mistakes to be made here and there. Especially now more than ever since we have a slightly younger player-base joining up. As an admin who handles apps, I've never had an issue with it.
    Also, issuing a fine for an application mistake is very likely to bring a user below the balance needed for the app, especially for our lower-income users who just manage to get the money for the rank/application/feature, that would actually result in more denied apps, not accepted.

Also, imposing the fine won't stop people from making mistakes, you're just suggesting we punish those that do by taking money.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    -1 for the reasons above, but also @TITLE-02 Wiki Team if the fines are no longer used on any application, the instructions for some of the applications ( mostly medal apps ) need to be updated to reflect that. I can make a list if necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    No, this never worked well in the past.
    Oh, and also all the -1's above :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.