Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Reform to the loan system on ECC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xboyfernz, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Why this is even being discussed in 2020...

we have been down this road so many times.

I’ll make it simple.. Don’t loan out ecd and you will never have to worry about it again.

2. Ravenwow

Ravenwow ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +116
    lol -1

3. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Reimbursing players from scams is a suggestion thats been made hundreds of times. First of all, as has been pointed out tracking ALL scams on ECC is very very hard. When I was GA the first time we had a spread sheet to track the largest scammers and even that was arguably incomplete just due to the sheer # of people who either fail file a complaint, forgot to get the perfect evidence, went inactive and didn't realize, etc etc etc.

At the end of the day, just like any money making venture, its a risk. Removing the risks from the economy is just dumb. Capitalistic societies are not utopias. Making money should have risks involved. Its the same as any other business venture or loan irl. Banks give out loans and there is no guarantee they'll get their money back.

We've all been scammed, but at the end of the day, its better for the economy and better for the realism of the server.

Big -1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Nope. We will never start giving out blanket refunds for loan scamming. The moment ECC starts doing that, we'll destroy the economy. Have a few million to spare and want to use it? Lend it out to the next user who asks for it. Doesn't matter how credible they are, the server will refund you anyways! Guess what happens then? Massive amounts of money enters in circulation and just like that, prices for tools, EXP and more skyrocket, ranks/towns become meaningless (or are forced to increased in price as well) and any element of the grind/achievement disappears. We're no longer MC's "#1 hardcore economy". We won't have an economy at all.

In fact, there's a word for what'd be going on here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_hazard - Read more if you're interested in the mechanics of that all.

As far as the "list" goes.... LOL if you think that'd help in a server that's lent millions upon millions to Giant_Leader. Not worth the time or effort... and risks tarnishing the names of players who aren't malicious scammers.

But yeah, uh, if you're really that upset about getting scammed by SSolaire, you have a few options:
    Lend to more credible people (ie someone who has not been banned quite a few times)
    Raise the interest rate (higher repayment is supposed to compensate for both risk and time discounting)
    Stop lending to people altogether.

• Winner x 15
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Nothing is stopping the permabanned user paying off his debt to you by purchasing EcoDollars on the store in your name. The user simply doesn't give a shit about his debt to you and has found an excuse not to pay (getting banned).

TL;DR = I don't care about any loan on the server. Never have and never will. Your private deals do not concern me nor involve me.

#25 andrewkm, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.