Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Re-tell

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kane_Voltaire, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kane_Voltaire

Kane_Voltaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    In Game Name:
    Kane_Voltaire
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Re-tell
    What are you suggesting:
    A /rt command. Not sure if /rt is currently used for retell, but can we please have it?
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Because sometimes you want to send another pm to someone, before they have replied to you and if they are for example on a different server you need to do the whole capitalization thing all over while /rt (retell) will just send a message to the last person u dm-ed. This will also make msg-ing easier if you are getting dm's from several people as you will be able to /rt the person u last messaged instead of having to /reply and if someone msgs u just before u /reply u can send the msg to the wrong person.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    I think it was part of essentials, not sure.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. zwunder

zwunder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +181
    I'm pretty sure we have this with /r unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

3. TheMansheep

TheMansheep Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +23
    He means the last person you have messaged yourself and not the last person that sent you a private message.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I mean, unless you immediately switch to another channel, whatever you enter in chat would automatically get sent to the person (to explain better, pm’s are like a chat channel. Once you do /msg [person], you will continue to sent messages to that person unless the person logs off or you switch to another channel).

That above is a long way of me saying that I’m not sure it is inherently needed, especially if this would possibly require a minor overhaul to our chat system

5. Kane_Voltaire

Kane_Voltaire Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for explaining it better. I don't think it would be an overhaul of the chat system really as it already exists as part of Essentials, meaning it would require none to very minimal setting up. Same way you use /r <msg> to reply you can use /rt <msg> to retell a person. Only slight effort that might be needed could be seen when you type /r alone and it makes replies as a chat channel. That could also be done for /rt as it's already been implemented for /r and the only tweak would be to copy/paste it and change /r with /rt.

6. JTx1085

JTx1085 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +35
    +1 I think this would really help plus it’s a pain having to retype the builder’s whole name especially on north to tell them that they can /r <message> to reply

7. SUBYT

SUBYT Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +298
    +1 would be handy

#7 SUBYT, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  8. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    Maybe I’m not understanding this properly but can’t you just /pm the person you want to talk to it won’t end the conversation unless they switch server or you do?

Also if they switch servers they still have to /pm you again to start the conversation

#8 OniFox_, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Use /msg <exactusername> - and nothing more to open a chat channel with this person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.