Accepted [Network Wide Suggestion] Private Chat Channels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicit6, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samiwarbler

samiwarbler Sheep Queen
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +552
    This is going to be needed now more than ever if we get those new main servers...

2. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    Agreed, and +1 to this suggestion overall.

3. georgie0417

georgie0417 ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ Raise ur Dongers ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +636
    +1 would pay usd or ecd for this feature.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    After looking into this for a good hour, I've determined:

- Our chat system is extremely old and very customized at this point for all the insane amounts of additions we made.
    - There is no automated way to implement this in our chat system, as it's cross server not bungee based.
    - We will not under any circumstances be switching plugins (would take a good month to really get everything up to our standards if at all even possible, due to SkyBlock being locked down on 1.12.2).
    - I will not add channels manually to every, single, server, as it would be non-sense manual work.
    - Even if I did this manually, I have no way to reload the system due to the very weird way our bungee setup works, and it would need constant server restarts (across every server) for new channels to take affect. (Meaning you'd be waiting upwards of 5-7 days at times for a channel addition.)

TL;DR absolutely not something I'm willing to entertain due to so many complications.
    PS: Not even willing to do this manually for USD.

#24 andrewkm, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Now marked as under-review.

I have secretly been doing everything I can to make this happen throughout the past 2 days.
    Over 16 hours of work has so far gone into back-porting our custom plugins to 1.12.2 (so that SkyBlock functions with this addition).
    Furthermore a ton of work has gone and is still being planned and worked on behind the scenes to make our chat system allow automated channel additions without any sort of reloading required. The goal is to make this work in an automated way, and I am now making this post as I'm 85% sure that we just might pull it off.

All in all, fingers crossed guys :D Let's make it happen!
    PS: And yes channels would be cross world and cross server, and fully controlled by you in terms of password protecting, colors, and more etc.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.