Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] More transparancy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xdutchless, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xdutchless

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +96
    In Game Name:
    Xdutchless
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    More transparancy
    What are you suggesting:
    I would like that there is more transparency from the higher up staff (Andrew).
    The things I would like more transparency on are these things:
    - Preferred Hourly ECD earnings.
    - Nerfs/ buffs.
    - Future plans (even if no one is sure it is going to be added).
    - What is being worked on at the moment?
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think this is a good addition to EcoCityCraft because we are a community. We would all like this server to exist for another decade or even longer.

For example, hourly ECD earnings if we know how much an hour we can earn. We can send in a suggestion or bug report or whatever to tell serveradmins+ that a certain money making method is too much. I have no clue how much too much is, and more people have found this out the wrong way.

Regarding the Nerfs/ buffs, that would be helpful for all prestige store owners. They can adjust the prices as quickly as possible.
    All the other people can see directly that certain money-making methods are not worth it anymore or are better.

Regarding the current and future plans, transparency about this would be helpful because we can post more specific suggestions, or even help think about some problems.

Also, most people will understand that some future plans will not work, but if you mentioned it we know what is going on behind the scenes and what is taking up time.
    Other information:
    I named Andrew since I am not sure if other staff members know more, I assume they do.

Thanks for reading!
    Plugin or custom addition:
    No plugins needed.
    Custom addition could be a team that tests hourly rates before bufs or nerfs are done.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 Xdutchless, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Oh dear God. We don’t need another suggestion about transparency just because there are things staff doesn’t disclose. As a past staff member, I can easily state that some things cannot and should not be stated to everyone for a multitude of reasons. And honestly, there has been a lot of transparency recently.

And for the specifics you list, here’s what I think:
    No. 100% no. That’s something players need to figure out. We are a hardcore economy server, not a “we tell you how to make the most money straight out”

Plus too, there isn’t a flat “best preferred ECD method.” Depending on your features, prestige, what prestige shops buy and for how much, etc., it varies dramatically.

Some I might agree with (like when the magic pick only drops 6x on natural ores and not placed which I found out the hard way), but for the most part, they do. They don’t do economy ones (if sell price increased or decreased) for what should be obvious reasons (mostly to diversify ECD methods and not hard stop people from doing something)

We know future plans already. Andrew talks about them in the various chats a lot:
    - Update to 1.17 as well as make our custom code compatable
    - MainNorth (if it’s not already up)
    - Prep for the shitty 1.18 update that is coming near the end of the year
    - Update Skyblock once Main is settled
    - Possibly even add new MCMMO abilities like taming etc. and a potential competition with that (he talked about that earlier this week in the #general chat of discord)

Like the last post, he has stated many times what he is working on currently: testing, rewriting, and preparing to update main to 1.17. And similar to previous comments, why should we know. I like surprises when something new drops that I didn’t know was coming.

So obvious -1 for the specifics you’ve listed.

And +0 for the overall transparency. I think things have been very transparent (at the very least more transparent than in the past).

• Like x 2
    • Thonk x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
    #2 Jdawger, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +0 I hear that you can get good transparency by using the “suggestions” section of the forums for various requests already.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Xdutchless

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +96
    Thank you for your input. I feel like some things I mentioned were misinterpreted.

Firstly, personally, I don't like ur "ooh thank god." this message feels to me like you think I am someone that doesn't have YOUR perspective on things and that my perspective is wrong. When my intention is to create a greater and better community with this idea.

But it's probably coming from someone that isn't used that other people want to have a say. I've been to certain companies in America and a huge difference between America and the Netherlands is that: In America, as an employee, you do what you are told and don't say anything even if your idea is maybe better than your superior. In the Netherlands, it is the other way around, if you have an idea say it. We then discuss these ideas and take the best one. (not all the time of course because this is taking too much time.)

Also, the idea from me is coming from certain company's that exist here. These companies have complete transparency, all employees know what other employees and their superiors earn per month. They all know the goals, yearly profits or losses. Even when it gets bad, they decide together what they can do to improve it. When they need to let employees go they decide on a system who and when they let them go.
    Even the people that they have to let go don't get mad when they have to leave because they got a say in how they decided.

I understand that there is stuff that people don't want to be disclosed. But in my opinion, there is stuff that should be disclosed that isn't because it did cost us players.

It is not about them telling us what makes the most money. It is about the "max" amount of money that is considered "hardcore". It's not about them saying wheat makes you 60k an hour or nether wart makes you 50k an hour. It is about them telling us to keep this server a hardcore economy server, the maximum is 25k an hour for example without any bonuses.

Also what hardcore economy. In my opinion, it isn't hardcore anymore, and if they still want it to be hardcore, I think they would benefit from disclosing this kind of information so people can report ways that make too much money.
    Even the rules state that you can get banned if you make too much money, but if you don't know what is too much. How are we supposed to know???? (as I said earlier, some found this out the hard way).

The things I said above are in my own interest since I am someone that tries to figure out the most optimal ways of making ECD. And I don't want to get banned, but I also would like to be rewarded for my effort.

It is true, it varies a lot. This can be fixed by just saying the flat rate is with all features and prestige is. Or the other way around.

This is something I probably missed for some part (or I cannot read between the lines). Thank you for pointing it out.
    On the other hand, I think if they would disclose this in a thread it would be clear for everyone. I would think about something similar to the staff thread.
    An overview of where it is visible, what is being worked on and what is going to be there in the near future. And once in a while it is being updated.

This is like my whole thread, just an opinion. But for some things, I think it should be disclosed. Because sometimes a long time member gets screwed over. Which I think shouldn't be the case (not that I am one).

This is something I don't know anything about. I started playing last year somewhere in October/ November and then left for a couple of months. to join again after the reset. But as you stated they are more transparent than in the past, this doesn't mean it can't be improved.

I agree, we get insight into the things that are being worked on by suggesting ideas.
    But in my opinion, this is the wrong way. Because now there are multiple people putting energy into an idea. Instead of just having one thread where things are listed that is being worked on.
    For example: If Andrew is working on something and someone comes up with the same idea. That person makes a suggestion, other people respond. Andrew read the suggestion and probably all the comments. Then comments himself with the response: "We are already working on something like this and more information will follow soon.".

This could be avoided by posting one comment in one thread which Andrew doesn't have to do himself then. Because if all players may know it, a moderator can edit the thread and place a comment.

And lastly, I want to thank you both for your feedback and insight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Thank you for your input and better detail on what you meant (it was very vague in your suggestion and I had to assume). I do have some responses to your comments:
    I mean, I mentioned what I think and what happened in the past (which you mentioned I did). I don’t know what else you are looking for especially when a good amount of my initial response was perspective and what I feel.

While that is true, it is more or less if you use a method that is clearly exploiting and/or abusing an oversight. The only one that I can think of that got banned for making too much “money” was Ness when the Magic xbow dropped as he was able to get a dchest of nstars in less than a day basically. He was unbanned without writing an appeal and the xbow was fixed to not make that much money.

Most of that information I shared was from the #news section of discord (with the rest coming from other text channels and a ping from Andrew in discord, or Andrew stating it in Discord voice during his talks about the direction of the server).

Now, something that I didn’t think of until now regarding transparency is the SA team had a thread that basically stated what was going on and we could ask questions, but I haven’t seen one of those in about half a year or so, so maybe we need those again.

#5 Jdawger, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This belongs in general section and can easily be handled by the community.
    We don't just turn transparency on and off with some magical button, so this suggestion cannot be attended to.

#6 andrewkm, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.