Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Gifted Feature Contract Clause

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by techy88, Jul 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +262
    In Game Name:
    techy88
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Gifted Feature Contract Clause
    What are you suggesting:
    To add the requirement of a clause to contracts involving the sale of network features that states that a player is required to gift another under thier own tebex (EcoCityCraft Shop) accounts, rather than directly under the receiving player.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    While this process has been in place for some time now, I believe it has been widely overlooked by players selling features and continue to buy the features directly under the receiving players tebex account. Either because they have forgotten, or because it is more conveinent to do so I cannot say, but adding the requirement of this clause, removes any doubt that users involved know of the rule, helping to mitigate the danger of the receiving player from suffering blowback or being banned in the future as the result of an attemted charge back. The warning of the proper process was mentioned in this discord news post on March 20, 2021 https://discord.com/channels/239147796484194304/402531276319490051/822768614687506442
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 techy88, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  2. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    This sounds like something that's a good idea, I'm just wondering how exactly this would be enforced. Say you make a contract and someone doesn't follow this rule. What would the punishment be?

3. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub

Ratings:
    +262
    I don't know that it really can be but I feel like too many people don't remember this being a thing, and it at the very least would keep the users informed. Perhaps requiring proof of the transaction ID? or something similar. Just want to shed some light on this relatively unknown topic. Mostly because I was recently affected by this myself.

#3 techy88, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  4. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    It makes sense, especially given recent events, but I feel like this isn't very easy to enforce. The option to do it correctly is there and obviously should be used, but I don't see how it could be enforced and punished without Andrew having to personally check every single transaction that there is a contract for, which would be excessively time consuming most likely

5. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub

Ratings:
    +262
    The point of this suggestion isn't to enforce the process that's already in place, but to make sure everyone involved in the transaction is aware that a proper method exists. It is not a rule, but a warning of problems that could arise if a transaction is handled improperly and was told to do so in a correspondence with Andrew, and know it is the correct method of purchasing features. There is now a link to the original discord news post in the original suggestion.

#5 techy88, Jul 30, 2021
  6. Netsui

Netsui EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +274
    You said this is already a rule, but where is it listed?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. techy88

techy88 Tech-savvy Nub

Ratings:
    +262
    I can't find it anymore. Perhaps it' been discontinued, but is still how you are instructed to handle them. There was a rule that stated such and included a warning about the potential for being banned if you didn't do it properly.

*EDIT* Finally found the original news post. It was on made discord on March 20th, 2021. It is not a rule, but a warning that if done improperly by gifting under someone else account and not your own you could be banned from tebex stores worldwide, not the server as I improperly remembered. https://discord.com/channels/239147796484194304/402531276319490051/822768614687506442

• List
    #7 techy88, Jul 31, 2021
  8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is going to @ClarinetPhoenix.
    She will review and respond. I'm 99% sure this will be denied.

#8 andrewkm, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  9. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Adding a contract clause will not solve this problem.
    Staff can't enforce it or even check to see if it was followed through, I won't be requiring useless clauses in our contracts that can't even be enforced.

ECC has gone 10 years using the log-in under the username system and it will take some time and some reminders to remember to get most to use the gifting.
    Realistically not using it is only a problem if your seller happens to chargeback.

I'm gonna have the Staff informed to start using "gifting feature" phrasing when talking about feature sales and post a Discord reminder.
    Beyond that, there isn't much we can do except remind people.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.